View Full Version : Pretty sure that was Rudy Gay going into the Thunder Practice facility earlier this

OKCRT
07-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Looks like Thunder about to sign Gay. And then they will prob go after CJ Miles.

Jake
07-01-2017, 09:03 PM
He was rumored to be in OKC to meet with the team, so him being at the practice facility definitely checks out.

dankrutka
07-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Looks like Thunder about to sign Gay. And then they will prob go after CJ Miles.

I'll believe it when I see it. OKC has never ended up winning via the free agency route. Krstic and Morrow are pretty much OKC's only free agent signings of note. OKC's next big free agency get will be its first.

Laramie
07-02-2017, 10:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDsEji-XkAIIyZ-.jpg

Enes Kanter tweeted a picture of two empty chairs in the Thunder's practice facility locker room, with Russell Westbrook's locker next to a new name plate for Rudy Gay. League sources tell ESPN that nothing is done between Gay and the Thunder, but that Gay is in Oklahoma City meeting with the team and touring the practice facility on Saturday. League sources were confident late Friday, though, that OKC was in a strong position with Gay, especially after the Paul George trade.--ESPN

Birds of a feather, flock together--that's the motto for new NBA Super teams.

We've lost Taj Gibson PF who signed with Minnesota, so Rudy Gay is being heavily pursued by the Thunder.

Enes needs to be careful; he's a piece (salary wise) who could provide some spark to the Thunder. Presti doesn't intend to wait until mid-season to tweak the roster.

Westbrook needs help and the ownership has given Sam Presti a blank check to get that accomplished.

OKCRT
07-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Wouldn't mind the Thunder bringing Dr D and 1 back.

dankrutka
07-04-2017, 08:22 PM
We can retire this thread with the Thunder signing Patterson.

dcsooner
07-05-2017, 05:01 AM
Agree, ain't happening

Filthy
07-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Patterson was signed on the cheap. Gay and OKC were quite a ways away on the money, but there are several moving pieces that could mean that Gay is still in play even after acquiring Patterson. Unlikely...but still possible.

OKCRT
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Patterson was signed on the cheap. Gay and OKC were quite a ways away on the money, but there are several moving pieces that could mean that Gay is still in play even after acquiring Patterson. Unlikely...but still possible.

Still would like to add Rudy Gay to the roster somehow. Add Gay and Smart and lose Roberson would be my wishes. But it appears that Roberson will be staying. Regardless they still need a backup PG.

shadfar
07-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Still would like to add Rudy Gay to the roster somehow. Add Gay and Smart and lose Roberson would be my wishes. But it appears that Roberson will be staying. Regardless they still need a backup PG.

Adding Smart and Gay would be awesome, but like you said...doubt it'll happen. Either way, i'm ready for the season to start!!

Laramie
07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Patterson signing took the Gay option off the table. Gay wants pay--he doesn't seem to be preoccupied with an NBA championship ring.

dankrutka
07-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Good article by Fred Katz on why Patterson is preferable to Rudy Gay anyway: http://www.normantranscript.com/oklahoma/patterson-a-better-fit-for-thunder-than-gay-could-have/article_71614ce0-61ce-11e7-a33d-33dad14d322c.html

dankrutka
07-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Rudy Gay signing with the Spurs for two years at $17M-plus with a player option. More than OKC could spend without hardcapping themselves. Really surprised Spurs went that high with his achilles injury, but if any team can get Gay to play well within a system (which has always been Gay's problem), it's probably Pop.