View Full Version : Industry Gastro Lounge

Pages : [1] 2

calitook
06-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Noticed this sign this week- behind the S&B on North May/adjacentish to Quail Springs Mall. The only information I've been able to find online is on the construction company's website, basically that this is a project they are working on. Anyone have the inside scoop? Looks like it could be a cool place.

bradh
06-30-2017, 04:40 PM
I sent Pete the plans a while back but I think he was looking into it more

Pete
06-30-2017, 05:22 PM
Yeah, have not been able to reach the people about this.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry3b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry4a.jpg

Plutonic Panda
06-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Is this in that weird square by Panda Express? Where is this? Never mind I just noticed where he said behind SBs

rizzo
07-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Frosted mug owner is building this.

warreng88
09-29-2017, 06:45 AM
Industry Gastro Lounge to open in NW OKC

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record September 28, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – A new locally owned restaurant is planned for the city’s northwest sector.

Industry Gastro Lounge is being constructed at NW 140th Street and N. May Avenue. Owner and operator Bobby Kahkesh said the slab will be poured in October and he expects the restaurant to open this spring.

The 8,000-square-foot building was designed by RBA Architects Associate Principal Troy Downing. Kahkesh said it’s about a $3 million project.

With shopping centers and Quail Springs Mall nearby, Downing said his design emphasizes the restaurant’s name, focusing on an industrial aesthetic. The building’s sloped and juxtaposing roofs, with bright signage, should help it pop out from the surrounding area, he said.

“There will be a lot of neat surprises inside,” he said. “I think it will be something a little different.”

Kahkesh said he’s been thinking about opening Industry Gastro Lounge for about five years. He has a background in commercial real estate and got into the restaurant business when places became vacant in his shopping centers.

He owns and operates the Frosted Mug Grill and Big Bar on S. Meridian Avenue, another area with hotel traffic.

Industry Gastro Lounge will be open until 2 a.m. to cater to hotel visitors in the northwest corridor. He said there used to be a couple of restaurants that offered that atmosphere, but they’ve closed.

The restaurant will have a 1,400-square-foot patio with two outdoor fire pits, and two 50-seat bars inside, which he’s calling the largest in the city. He was approved for alcohol zoning during Thursday’s Oklahoma City Planning Commission meeting. He plans to serve wine, beer, and cocktails.

The bars will offer views of several television screens. In the last couple of years, Oklahoma City’s high-end bars have struggled with the decision to add a television. It can change the atmosphere, but not having a TV can send people to other places to watch an athletic event.

Kahkesh said he’s visited several venues nationwide and having TVs seemed integral. While Industry Gastro Lounge will be an upscale eatery, he said he doesn’t think TVs will affect the Las-Vegas style ambience he’s trying to achieve.

“We absolutely believe that the TV will be part of the success,” he said. “It’s not the quantity of TVs, but the quality and the size. You’ll get the feel that you’re not overcrowded by the TVs, but be able to enjoy them as well.”

The menu will feature items made from scratch and hand-cut steaks. Lunch will be about $10 per person and dinner will be about $15, Kahkesh said.

Building a restaurant from the ground-up, and then opening it, is a challenge for Kahkesh. There’s no large group behind it, and as he said, he’s taking on the big boys on N. May Avenue, where national chain restaurants populate the Memorial Road corridor.

He said since it’s just him, he can make changes to help fit the market and help the restaurant have a strong performance.

“The confidence is in having a strong team and knowing your capabilities and your limitations,” he said. “Sometimes you have to be a little stupid to get anywhere.”

d-usa
02-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Slow progress being made there, it seems to be taking a while to build.

marky_d
02-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Some pics of the progress...

http://www.facebook.com/pg/AndersonandHouse/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1942100689372923

Pete
02-14-2018, 10:49 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry021118b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry021118.jpg

Pete
04-24-2018, 07:05 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry042218.jpg

Pete
04-30-2018, 06:23 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry042418.jpg

Pete
07-21-2018, 12:31 PM
From their FB page (looking north out of the space):

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry072118.jpg

Uptowner
07-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Awe, it’s like a fancy little pump bar. Now the Edmondites never have to go south of memorial beyond their commutes.

Richard at Remax
07-21-2018, 03:19 PM
as usual, Haters Gonna Hate

Rover
07-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Awe, it’s like a fancy little pump bar. Now the Edmondites never have to go south of memorial beyond their commutes.

Feel better now?

jbkrems
07-21-2018, 10:30 PM
I am really looking forward to looking at the menu for this place.

SSEiYah
07-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Some of us moved out of the core, like myself. Going from no garage in the Edgemere Park area to a 3 car garage right off the turnpike is great. There is a longer commute involved however living in a newer house brings me far more enjoyment than an older house.. I like having a big open floor plan and a large master bedroom and large master bath. These are things you will NOT get with houses in the core unless someone has gutted the house and redone the floor plan. A house that has been gutted/redone will cost a fortune and may still have structural problems in the core. I looked at a lot of them and didn't find one I liked so I moved far north.

Uptowner
07-22-2018, 01:24 AM
Hey ya’ll. It’s just an observation of the massive expansion on east memorial. Folks from Edmond used to have to travel for food, drinks, entertainment, even golf. Industrius developers from Texas and other regions have capitalized on the demographic. My comment was deeply cynical.

barrettd
07-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Drove by the other day, and the building looks great. Nice patio section, too. I'll have to give it a try when it gets cooler, assuming they're open by then.

ditm4567
07-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Drove by the other day, and the building looks great. Nice patio section, too. I'll have to give it a try when it gets cooler, assuming they're open by then.

Their Facebook page says August 2018. Buuuuut we all know how that goes with restaurants....

gopokes88
07-24-2018, 06:56 AM

Meh. To hell with these places. If I’m going out it’s 23rd, plaza, midtown, I’ll pay the extra Uber fare.
Although the patriarch and slims in Edmond are good spots.

Edmond has great schools and all the chain restaurants your heart could desire. Unfortunately schools are the priority in life right now

Rover
07-24-2018, 08:01 AM
I can’t believe people want good schools for their kids. It’s preposterous..

TheirTheir
07-24-2018, 08:01 AM
Looks like a nice build out but I suspect it will be the same crowd that frequents the Memorial bars, so I doubt I will spend too much time there, if any. Not to hate on those folks, but that last few times I have been up there I witnessed a fist fight or a loud verbal confrontation break out and that's just not how I want to spend my Saturday night.

gopokes88
07-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Looks like a nice build out but I suspect it will be the same crowd that frequents the Memorial bars, so I doubt I will spend too much time there, if any. Not to hate on those folks, but that last few times I have been up there I witnessed a fist fight or a loud verbal confrontation break out and that's just not how I want to spend my Saturday night.

You wanna fight bro?

Rover
07-24-2018, 11:26 AM

Yea, that would NEVER happen in Bricktown. :)

I don't know why people who hang out at places serving massive amounts of liquor are surprised that fights break out after midnight. LOL..

I lived in the area for 20 years and never witnessed a yelling match or fist-fight in any restaurant or establishment along Memorial. It's funny how some always happen to be where the trouble is.

d-usa
07-24-2018, 11:42 AM
I love heading towntown, visit midtown frequently, enjoy the plaza district, and support all kinds of areas in the city.

But then I’m often **** on here for having an Edmond zip code, so I guess it is what it is.

Pete
07-24-2018, 11:47 AM
The Memorial corridor needs more quality places.

I bet Industry does very well.

I already really like Uncle Julio's (when I can get in) and look forward to Birra Birra and Chalk, also in Chisholm Creek.

PaddyShack
07-24-2018, 12:57 PM
I just got back from a vacation up in the North Eastern part of the U.S. While there my wife and I had stopped in King of Prussia, PA; now I know we don't have the same demographic as King of Prussia (think the wealthy upper middle to upper class suburb to Philadelphia). I have always enjoyed walking through their mall, which is massive and has all of the top luxury brands you could ask for, but they have recently added on to their mall as well as there is a whole new mixed used development that probably sprang up in the past two years called King of Prussia Town Center. I only hope Chisholm Creek can speed up and have the same level of foot traffic that I experienced up there. Of course they have my favorite grocery store in the U.S. - Wegman's. If I had a few million to pay the franchise fee and could come up with some land I would bring that store to Oklahoma City.

TheirTheir
07-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Yea, that would NEVER happen in Bricktown. :)

I don't know why people who hang out at places serving massive amounts of liquor are surprised that fights break out after midnight. LOL..

I lived in the area for 20 years and never witnessed a yelling match or fist-fight in any restaurant or establishment along Memorial. It's funny how some always happen to be where the trouble is.

Never mentioned that I hang out in Bricktown. I avoid Bricktown for the same reasons. Also, are you insinuating that I am the cause of "trouble?" Now THAT is funny.

Rover
07-24-2018, 05:22 PM
No insinuation. You are just unlucky. But your insinuation that this is a wild and dangerous area isn’t supported by fact. Arguments can happen anywhere. I’ve even heard people argue in Nichols Hills. The horror.

jbkrems
07-24-2018, 06:08 PM
I am looking forward to not only Industry, but Birra Birra and also Firebirds too (coming in September I hear)

TheirTheir
07-25-2018, 09:25 AM
No insinuation. You are just unlucky. But your insinuation that this is a wild and dangerous area isn’t supported by fact. Arguments can happen anywhere. I’ve even heard people argue in Nichols Hills. The horror.

To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch on your point about facts, see below.

From the Baker Street bar manager of 5 years - "Fighting was very common until the last few years it was open. Once we added more security most altercations were stopped before escalating, but altercations were still common." He went on to say he had many friends who worked at the neighboring bars and that they all had similar clientele/altercations.

From a friend who works or has worked at The Pump, Bunker Club, Ponyboy, Rockford and many other bars in Uptown/Midtown - "I have only heard of 1 fight but have never seen any."

Pete
07-25-2018, 09:28 AM
^

Don't forget the OKC cop who was paralyzed at Dan O'Brien's.

jedicurt
07-25-2018, 09:46 AM
To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch of your point about facts, see below.

From the Baker Street bar manager of 5 years - "Fighting was very common until the last few years it was open. Once we added more security most altercations were stopped before escalating, but altercations were still common." He went on to say he had many friends who worked at the neighboring bars and that they all had similar clientele/altercations.

From a friend who works or has worked at The Pump, Bunker Club, Ponyboy, Rockford and many other bars in Uptown/Midtown - "I have only heard of 1 fight but have never seen any."

Baker street also had a reputation of over-serving it's customers... i know this from first hand experience... i should have been cut off a few times there (when i was much younger and less wise) and they still kept letting me order drinks. Most good establishments do not do this.

BridgeBurner
07-25-2018, 09:50 AM
To be clear, I do not believe that Memorial is a "wild and dangerous area." However, I prefer Uptown/Midtown to Memorial bars for the reason I already stated. To touch of your point about facts, see below.

I saw a fight at the Pump 2 weeks ago on a Friday night, lady got her weave ripped off and was swinging at her entire table, the bouncers, everybody. Eventually the cops came and she wrenched her arm away and got a lick in on the side of the cops face as well, it was wild.

Rover
07-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Baker street also had a reputation of over-serving it's customers... i know this from first hand experience... i should have been cut off a few times there (when i was much younger and less wise) and they still kept letting me order drinks. Most good establishments do not do this.
Was also known as a pick-up bar. It wasn’t a neighborhood bar in any sense.
There aren’t many “let’s just go get drunk and pick up someone” places in the whole area. Those that were haven’t lasted too long.

Uptowner
07-25-2018, 12:55 PM
I live about a block from the pump and am a early evening regular. I talked to several eye witnesses and employees about that craziness. Apparently she was by herself and not with the table, someone hugged her around the shoulders and it caused her wig to slip back. Then she went terminator and punched something like a dozen people multiple times in the face, strangers at the table, multiple employees, cop, no one fought back it was just a flurry of blows and clawing fingernails. Except the cop who body slammed her into a squad car. I don’t know how many criminal counts she faces but most everyone pressed charges, especially those who were clawed and scratched.

As someone else said I’ve heard about a few fights in uptown. Including that biker who pulled a knife outside the pump on the employees who asked he stop revving his chopper, ripped out a pink flamingo, then threatened police. But never seen one.

I have however, seen a full on brawl, 20+ plus fighting the only time someone convinced me to go to ROKbar, the manifestation that resided in the building that was applewoods, north fork, dan O’Brien’s (where Pete mentioned the off duty cop, who tried to stop a fight, now quadriplegic), a few others, and now a salt grass steakhouse. I don’t think memorial is a dangerous area, but it was notionally club-ish in the late 2000’s. Even the Buddha sushi bar in the building that now houses rock n brew had an upstairs Asian techno dance club that operated on weekends. Clubs bring fights, especially in the “tapout, affliction, ed hardy” scene, which Baker Street and fox and hound also catered to. At the time Edmond only had one full bar which was actually a pool hall, the wolf trap. So all the “young adults” massed at the clubs and bars on memorial. Next I suspect we’ll see it going down on quail creek.

TheirTheir
07-25-2018, 02:09 PM
WOW @ that Pump/crazy woman story. That had to be some scene to witness. I suppose Rover is right in stating that fighting can happen anywhere, but I will continue to test my luck at R&J and the like. And who knows, maybe I'll venture away from my opinion and give this new bar a try once it opens.

Urbanized
07-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Haha my one and only bar fight was at the Wolftrap, many, many years ago. 100% against my will, but thankfully I did prevail. In his defense, he was truly drunk, while I was only a tiny bit drunk.

BridgeBurner
07-25-2018, 03:01 PM
I live about a block from the pump and am a early evening regular. I talked to several eye witnesses and employees about that craziness. Apparently she was by herself and not with the table, someone hugged her around the shoulders and it caused her wig to slip back. Then she went terminator and punched something like a dozen people multiple times in the face, strangers at the table, multiple employees, cop, no one fought back it was just a flurry of blows and clawing fingernails. Except the cop who body slammed her into a squad car. I don’t know how many criminal counts she faces but most everyone pressed charges, especially those who were clawed and scratched.

Haha I am glad someone could corroborate my story! It is so outrageous everyone thinks I am making it up or embellishing it to make it more ridiculous and I haven't had any luck looking for a news article.
(Also, avatar is a fantasy book reference- just clarifying that I am not one of said Ed Hardy types lol)

Pete
08-16-2018, 03:46 AM
They have yet to set an opening date but these are from their FB page:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry081518a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry081518b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry081518c.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry081518d.jpg

TheTravellers
08-16-2018, 09:06 AM
^^^ I'll bet *their* streetlight works...

PaddyShack
08-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Did they spray paint their couch??

Pete
09-06-2018, 03:30 AM
This place is impressive. They have not set an opening date but the interior looks finished; they are likely training and/or waiting for final occupancy permits.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry090318a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry090318b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry090318c.jpg

jbkrems
09-06-2018, 06:11 AM
How soon do you think it will be before they can announce an opening date? Are we looking at mid-fall ???

Pete
09-06-2018, 06:17 AM
How soon do you think it will be before they can announce an opening date? Are we looking at mid-fall ???

My guess is within about 2 weeks.

OKCisOK4me
09-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Possibly they're waiting til Oct 1st so they don't have to buy 3.2 before switching over? I figure they will have plenty of highpoint beer on tap but...

Pete
09-25-2018, 12:21 PM
They open next Monday, Oct. 1st.

From their FB page:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry092418a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industry092418b.jpg

jbkrems
09-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Would like to see their food menu when it is available.

sooner88
09-28-2018, 12:30 PM
I went there today for a soft opening and we all enjoyed the food. The space is much larger than I expected and will definitely be more of a bar scene at nights. I didn't take a picture of the menu, but they have everything from pizza to steaks and chicken fried steak.

Pete
10-01-2018, 08:22 AM
Remind that they officially open today.

It's my kind of place... Hope the crowd stays decent and doesn't descend into the Memorial Road Meathead scene.

Pete
10-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Menu from their Facebook page:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/industrymenu.jpg

jbkrems
10-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Looks like a neat menu! I will likely wait at least a month to let them work out the kinks, and maybe see how they compare with Firebirds.

TheirTheir
10-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Some friends of mine went there for dinner Friday night and had a pretty bad experience. Insert all the first day growing pains you can think of and that was the gist of it.

OKCisOK4me
10-08-2018, 04:24 PM
^^^I have a friend who works nearby and she said she had customers at her work who left there because their experience was horrid. Sorry to hear it but they probably got overwhelmed and short fused with customers. Either way, it was the first week of being open. I'll reserve judgement for a month or so from now before I go for the first time.

Pete
10-08-2018, 04:34 PM
It's very large and ambitious so that just compounds any early-on fumbles.

I really look forward to trying it.

Pete
10-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Haven't been yet but I've heard they've had huge crowds... People parking in the neighboring field, etc.

OkiePoke
10-18-2018, 08:58 AM
Went last night. Food seemed a little slow and I was served with 2 broken glasses, but other than that, had a great experience. Staff is young, which leads to inexperience, but they seem eager to help.

Otfchick21
11-22-2018, 07:05 AM
Wanted to grab drinks last night and give them another chance, but they were closed even though FB advertised specials...have they closed their doors already?

Pete
11-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Wanted to grab drinks last night and give them another chance, but they were closed even though FB advertised specials...have they closed their doors already?

I sure don't think so.

Perhaps they were just closed early for Thanksgiving?