View Full Version : New OU Football Locker Room

emtefury
05-17-2017, 07:54 PM
I saw this story and wow $160 million for the OU Football Locker room and training facility. The whole place is 132,000. The strength and conditioning room is 30,000 SQ feet. Great for the players, but called me old fashioned with the whole thing being excessive. I read where they used private funding and ticket revenue. I know it was announced awhile ago, but I am a little behind on the news.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211597936

mkjeeves
05-18-2017, 06:36 AM
You should see Stoops' new office! All of that is inside and below the new stadium end zone that was just completed.

FighttheGoodFight
05-18-2017, 07:21 AM
Gotta have nicer facilities to get the better recruits. You see all the stories now days where kids pick a school based on if they have a Chick-fil-a or other restaurant they want.

emtefury
05-18-2017, 08:40 AM
I forgot to note, it even has a barbershop.

Laramie
05-20-2017, 06:42 PM
Gotta have nicer facilities to get the better recruits. You see all the stories now days where kids pick a school based on if they have a Chick-fil-a or other restaurant they want.

Facilities are high on the list for recruits with academic reputation as the most important. Stadium renovations & first class locker room, training & weight room facilities are high on the list of recruits.

A recent survey conducted by Galain of 179 college football players sought to identify the factors most important to college football recruits in making their college decision. Of the fifteen choices participants had to select from, the participants ranked a school's academic reputation as the most important factor to their decision. The least important factor was their friends' opinions about a school or program. Most interesting about the study's findings, however, is the important role that a campus' facilities play to a recruit's decision. A recruit's opinion of a team's playing facilities ranked as the fourth most important factor, while campus living facilities and team facilities ranked sixth and eighth, respectively.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2012/12/14/the-surprising-factors-driving-college-football-recruits-decision/#5defd7f411a4