View Full Version : 19th Street Road

damonsmuz
05-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Here's a post about 19th St that has nothing to do with the retail.

The stretch of 19th street east of I-35 between Eastern and Sunnylane is horrible. Lots of uneven patchwork and holes. Most roads in Moore are actually in pretty good shape. Im surprised that this road is in such horrible condition.

Anyone know if this road is projected to be widened (like 4th St) or simply improved?

u50254082
05-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Here's a post about 19th St that has nothing to do with the retail.

The stretch of 19th street east of I-35 between Eastern and Sunnylane is horrible. Lots of uneven patchwork and holes. Most roads in Moore are actually in pretty good shape. Im surprised that this road is in such horrible condition.

Anyone know if this road is projected to be widened (like 4th St) or simply improved?

It is interesting how that side of town, even though it still is Moore, seems to be neglected. That stretch of road is quite bad as I often use that route when I head to lake Stanley Draper.

You should go even east of Sooner Rd sometime and see how bad it is out that way. It's not Moore at that point but there are some roads that have massive 2ft holes and any amount of rain just turns it all into a nightmare. Then again if you drive a jeep then it could be the best thing in the world.

damonsmuz
06-26-2017, 01:32 PM
I noticed today that there are now digital signs on 19th St and Eastern as well as 19th and Bryant that say " JULY 5. LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY". It doesn't specify how long the road will be CLOSED. Anyone know what's up?

damonsmuz
07-08-2017, 06:57 AM
19th Street Update: The City of Moore will begin resurfacing 19th Street from Eastern to Bryant. They will rip up the road and then repave it. This 1-mile stretch will take 2-3 weeks to complete. They will then begin phase 2 which will stretch from Bryant to Sunnylane after. This too will take 2-3 weeks to complete. The goal is to have the 2 mile stretch of road completed by mid-August. Unfortunately, 19th Street will be closed during this time except to local traffic. At the end the road will be smooth as glass

G.Walker
07-09-2017, 04:45 PM
They need to go ahead and make it four lanes while they are at it!