View Full Version : West Hefner at NW Expressway

yukong
04-20-2017, 05:54 PM
I checked the OKC permits and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask here. Heavy equipment has need doing some fairly extensive dirt work on West Hefner where it curves around to NW Expressway. It appears they are clearing a site pad.

Anyone aware of what is planned?!

OKCisOK4me
04-20-2017, 06:16 PM
It might be that tiny homes project.

yukong
05-11-2017, 09:15 AM
At this point...it appears almost as though it's may be a widening of Hefner as the area where the work is occurring starts just north of NW Exp and is about the width of the current Hefner and follows the curve of Hefner all the way around to the east. But what is more fascinating is that on the south side of NW Exp it appears as though they are cutting in a roadway that would connect with what is being done on the north side of NW Exp. This road looking dirt work goes all the way to Britton. Almost like an access road along the east side of the turnpike. I wonder if it could be some sort of pipeline?

Bellaboo
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM
At this point...it appears almost as though it's may be a widening of Hefner as the area where the work is occurring starts just north of NW Exp and is about the width of the current Hefner and follows the curve of Hefner all the way around to the east. But what is more fascinating is that on the south side of NW Exp it appears as though they are cutting in a roadway that would connect with what is being done on the north side of NW Exp. This road looking dirt work goes all the way to Britton. Almost like an access road along the east side of the turnpike. I wonder if it could be some sort of pipeline?

It is a pipeline. They will bore under the turnpike to connect the 2 sides.

yukong
05-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks. When it first started, it was just north of NW Exp. But then when they cut the line along the turnpike south of NW Exp I wondered if that was what it was.