View Full Version : Treating a cold

Patrick
10-06-2005, 09:59 PM
How do you usually treat a cold? Do you usually go to the doctor? Take over the counter meds? Wait it out?

Karried
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
I sneeze on everyone because no one likes to suffer alone.

Actually, I hardly get sick but when I do I'm a big whiner - I just drink Nyquil and go to bed. And that's during the day

ha,ha... just kidding.. I do nothing - take a Tylenol and move on.

MadMonk
10-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Dayquil during the day, Nyquil at night if I really need it. I hate the after-effects of Nyquil. I feel like I'm "dazed and confused" all the next day. :dizzy:

Keith
10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Dayquil during the day, Nyquil at night if I really need it. I hate the after-effects of Nyquil. I feel like I'm "dazed and confused" all the next day. :dizzy:
When I feel it coming on, I also take Nyquil (actually the CVS brand...same stuff, just cheaper), at night, and dayquil tablets during the day. My biggest challenge is taking Nyquil at night....because the stuff makes me gag. I always have a Pepsi chaser once I take the Nyquil. That has got to be the nastiest tasting medicine(next to Pepto Bismol).

osupa05
10-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Lots of fluids and lots of kleenex... we all know that antibiotics don't touch viruses, right???? ;~)

Patrick
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Lots of fluids and lots of kleenex... we all know that antibiotics don't touch viruses, right???? ;~)

Although some patients demand them anyway. Don't give in. It only contributes to resistance.