View Full Version : Editing Software

OkiePoke
03-17-2017, 06:23 AM
I just started playing around with my gopro editing software, it's ok. I am planning to use it, unless people have other recommendations.

I'm looking for some freeware to edit mp3's I own to insert into the gopro software.

Are there any recommendations for editing mp3's and/or video? TIA

traxx
03-17-2017, 06:38 AM
For editing audio, Audacity is free. It doesn't look pretty but it's pretty good for free. As for video, I don't know anything that's free that is good. Not to say it's not out there, I just don't know it.

BBatesokc
03-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Honestly, I've often just transferred my GoPro or similar video back to my phone or iPad and then used video editing (or audio editing) apps to edit it - with surprisingly good results and the apps are pretty cheap.

Midtowner
03-17-2017, 09:04 AM
I used to be pretty good with Avid. That probably dates me a bit.

tfvc.org
03-17-2017, 02:03 PM
I am currently using Premiere Pro as my video editing software. I just downloaded Davinci Resolve which has a free version just as powerful as PP, but it is free. I haven't played with it yet, but it is supposed to be really good. Audacity is seconded for audio.

BBatesokc
03-17-2017, 02:06 PM
I used to be pretty good with Avid. That probably dates me a bit.

I learned on a Chyron (no idea if that's how you spell it) when I did an internship at OETA many, many years ago. That was mostly for graphics if I remember correctly. Then I did a lot of linear editing.

Avid was my first experience with true editing.

I'm a Final Cut Pro X person now.