View Full Version : Boomerang car wash

Relentless85
02-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Yesterday I took my company car to get to washed at the boomerang car wash on on MacArthur and Reno.

I noticed on the receipt it says they are now going by the name of Zip's express car wash. According to their website, all of the boomerangs will be switching over to Zip's.

https://www.zipscarwash.com/who-we-are/

BBatesokc
02-24-2017, 05:10 AM
Anyone ever had a bad (destructive) experience with Bomerang? I've been very leery to use an automatic tunnel type car wash ever since a different branded one in OKC ripped my rear windshield wiper arm off the back of one of my cars. Does Boomerang tape your rear wiper down? The place I went to did not and about halfway through it ripped the arm clean off.

FighttheGoodFight
02-24-2017, 07:11 AM
I don't use any car wash that touches the car. I always do a touchless car wash then go home and wash and wax it myself. Way better for your paint.

BBatesokc
02-24-2017, 07:29 AM
I don't use any car wash that touches the car. I always do a touchless car wash then go home and wash and wax it myself. Way better for your paint.

I pretty much just wash by hand now myself. The drive through ones (besides ripping your wiper off) can definitely leave small scratches. But, I also find the 'touch less' ones (either manual or automatic) can be pretty harsh too because they rely on extremely high water pressure and chemicals to do the job.

About the only time I look for an automatic or manual wand solution is in the winter when it's too cold to hand wash myself.

BLJR
02-24-2017, 07:33 AM

Best option is to old school hand wash. If that high pressure touchless one gets ahold of a paint chip just right, it can pull more paint, and the ones that rub the paint aren't real friendly. There are a some good detail guys in town that hand wash and dry, and will also wax for the right $.

Relentless85
02-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Anyone ever had a bad (destructive) experience with Bomerang? I've been very leery to use an automatic tunnel type car wash ever since a different branded one in OKC ripped my rear windshield wiper arm off the back of one of my cars. Does Boomerang tape your rear wiper down? The place I went to did not and about halfway through it ripped the arm clean off.

The Okie Express automatic wash facilities actually tape down windshield wipers and sometimes even offer to remove the radio antenna (if it screws off easlily) before the vehicle goes through the wash.

I am not a fan of automatic washes, especially the ones that have brushes that touch the vehicle.

Most of the time I wash at one of the do it your self car washes. The "toucheless" automatic washes I find typically don't get everything clean. A pain when all you own are black colored vehicles!

OKCRT
02-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Boomerang also tapes it down but don't know about the new Zips. I did see they have unlimted washes for as low as $14.95 a month. I don't know the details of that so they prob. have something in there like rain days or something. I also noted that they raised the prices a dollar across the board except for the cheapest wash. It stayed the same $6.00 as was. I have never had any issues with their wash though.

SoonerDave
02-26-2017, 10:36 AM

No problems in numerous trips through Boomerang. And I started using them after two bad-to-horrendous experiences with another tunnel carwash nearby - the latter of which led to a fire in a van I was trying to sell. Had left it there to get detailed, got it home, and the next morning I discovered the interior had caught fire. Strongly suspect, but obviously could never prove, that a smoldering cigarette butt was carelessly thrown in the car by one of the detail staff. It cost me the blue-book on that van at the time, which was about $2,500. Needless to say, I've never been back.

MadMonk
03-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Touch-less car washes are worthless junk. My car is old enough and has enough character marks now that I don't have to worry about micro-scratches so I'm fine with the Boomerang-type washes. They do a pretty decent job. Not perfect, and certainly not as good as when I hand wash it, but when its chilly outside, its good enough.

I've never had a problem with the rear wiper breaking or anything like that. I usually request that they don't tape the wiper down, but have them remove the whip antenna.