View Full Version : Centennial clock work?

SOONER8693
02-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Ten years ago in 2007, the organization that I worked for purchased and placed at our location one of the Centennial clocks sponsored by the state for the Centennial celebration. Okay, 10 years later it is needing some repair work. Clock no longer is accurate on time, light inside is burned out, and the carillon is not working. Does anyone know of someone in the OKC area that has expertise with such work or has dealt with repair of similar issues with a Centennial clock? They are built and placed by a company in Cincinnati. The cost for them to come out and fix/service the clock is substantial. Any help or information as to where we might find a reliable person/company to put our clock back in working order would be greatly appreciated.

Pete
02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Ten years ago in 2007, the organization that I worked for purchased and placed at our location one of the Centennial clocks sponsored by the state for the Centennial celebration. Okay, 10 years later it is needing some repair work. Clock no longer is accurate on time, light inside is burned out, and the carillon is not working. Does anyone know of someone in the OKC area that has expertise with such work or has dealt with repair of similar issues with a Centennial clock? They are built and placed by a company in Cincinnati. The cost for them to come out and fix/service the clock is substantial. Any help or information as to where we might find a reliable person/company to put our clock back in working order would be greatly appreciated.

Where is the clock located?

SOONER8693
02-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Where is the clock located?
Westmoore High School

ljbab728
02-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Have you tried using this information from their website? I have no idea if it is still in use but Jeff Bezdek does visit OKCTALK. Perhaps he could at least put you in contact with others who might have had a similar problem to see what they did.

Contact Us:
Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.
Centennial Clock & Bell Project Office
Jeff M. Bezdek – Project Administrator
228 N.E. 2nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: 405.231.1912
Fax: 405.231.1998
Email: info@centennialclocks.com

SOONER8693
02-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Have you tried using this information from their website? I have no idea if it is still in use but Jeff Bezdek does visit OKCTALK. Perhaps he could at least put you in contact with others who might have had a similar problem to see what they did.

Contact Us:
Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.
Centennial Clock & Bell Project Office
Jeff M. Bezdek – Project Administrator
228 N.E. 2nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: 405.231.1912
Fax: 405.231.1998
Email: info@centennialclocks.com
One of the other sponsors that worked with me on this has contacted Jeff Bezdek. I was told by her that Jeff no longer has any business with the clocks. Now, I did not get that from Jeff myself, but, at least that is what she was told. But, I appreciate your response and it was a good thought.

Urban Pioneer
02-23-2017, 06:37 AM
Sorry. I missed this entire thread. Pete sent me an email about it. What exactly is the clock doing? Is it slow, fast, or not working at all? There is computer in the base of all of these clocks that controls the timepieces.

Urban Pioneer
02-23-2017, 06:38 AM
BTW, Westmoore is a beautiful clock. Candy Apple Red, black and silver if I remember correctly.

SOONER8693
02-23-2017, 07:06 AM
BTW, Westmoore is a beautiful clock. Candy Apple Red, black and silver if I remember correctly.

You are correct, it is a beautiful clock. Westmoore's colors. I'm biased, but, I think it is the most beautiful one that I've seen around the state. Anyway, as near as I can tell, it is running slow. It is working, but losing time. Light that lights the face at night is out, that is probably an easy fix. And, the carillon is not working. That could be an amplifier issue.

Urban Pioneer
02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
You are correct, it is a beautiful clock. Westmoore's colors. I'm biased, but, I think it is the most beautiful one that I've seen around the state. Anyway, as near as I can tell, it is running slow. It is working, but losing time. Light that lights the face at night is out, that is probably an easy fix. And, the carillon is not working. That could be an amplifier issue.

It is hard to say. It could be simply resetting the controller will buy some time (pardon the pun). These clocks have to be synchronized every few years. There is also the issue of maintenance. If the gears are not greased occasionally with lithium grease, that can cause an issue. Regarding the carillon, it could be the controller, amp, cut wire, or blown speaker drivers.

Send me a PM with your contact information and I will try to advise you as best I can at no cost to the school. Mechanical equipment does require occasional servicing. Many of the Centennial Clocks that have not had some degree of professional maintenance reflect it. The one at 13th and Shartel is in dire need of help for example. Others are working fine. The other element to this is that about a 3rd of the way into the project, the manufacturer shifted to a different technology. Some of the clocks have had better performance records depending on when they were purchased. It is possible you may need a professional servicing or upgrade by the manufacturer.