View Full Version : Dog friendly car

mranderson
10-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda has designed what they call a dog friendly car, which they have dubbed "WOW.," which stands for wonderful openhearted wagon. The car has a crate in what Honda called a "glove apartment," and a larger crate in the back. This allows people to interact with their pets during transit. The "WOW" comes with removable, washable, rollout flooring and has wide sliding doors to keep dogs happy. It also has a special seatbelt just for dogs.

Honda says they designed the car from a dogs point of view... I wonder how they did that since there are no talking dogs around to give their opinions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051005/ap_on_bi_ge/japan_honda_pooch_car

Any thoughts on this?

Keith
10-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda has designed what they call a dog friendly car, which they have dubbed "WOW.," which stands for wonderful openhearted wagon. The car has a crate in what Honda called a "glove apartment," and a larger crate in the back. This allows people to interact with their pets during transit. The "WOW" comes with removable, washable, rollout flooring and has wide sliding doors to keep dogs happy. It also has a special seatbelt just for dogs.

Honda says they designed the car from a dogs point of view... I wonder how they did that since there are no talking dogs around to give their opinions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051005/ap_on_bi_ge/japan_honda_pooch_car

Any thoughts on this?
I didn't think there was such a thing as a dog friendly car....most cars hit dogs...but I can see where you are coming from now. A car that is comfy for ole Fido to ride in is a good idea.

dirtrider73068
10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I think its silly, we have a increase in gas prices, and they want to start building a car to haul around dog and cats. Why not build cars for us that take less fuel and can fit the pets and family in. If that is the case buy a dog crate put them on that and then seatbelt/strap it in place and there you go.

okiemom
10-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I like it. Could be the picture of corgi in the back seat.
Yeah I'm a corgi fan.
I think the glove box is a bit much but I like the crate. If a person wants to put their money out for one of these, more power to them.