View Full Version : "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

sabaki
08-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey y'all -

My name is Chuck Bell. On-line I'm usually known as Sabaki or Neoslak. I'm currently living in Salina, Oklahoma, although I lived in Ponca City, where I worked at Conoco for ten years, Dallas, for a couple of years with Sprint and another six years in Dallas with Atlantis Trading Corporation as systems manager.

I'm a Scientologist (yeah, like Tom Cruise, haha) and have been since 1988, not long after I first read the book 'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health' by L. Ron Hubbard. Now I know some folks have some strange ideas about Dianetics and Scientology, but, hey! It works! I've found that the strange ideas people have about these subjects usually come from confusion or lack of information or believing gossip or misinformation without checking their facts.

I'm currently heading up the NorthEast Oklahoma Dianetics and Scientology Study Group and give regular seminars and workshops on these subjects. We have a group in Oklahoma City as well and our groups are working together to bring Dianetics and Scientology to Oklahoma.

Hey, we're everywhere! Muahahaha!

I've been a computer junkie (nerd, geek, whatever) for most of my life. I had one of the first personal computers, a TRS-80 Model I back in '81 and have been 'hackin' ever since.

Nowadays I use Linux and Open Source Software almost exclusively for my computer stuff. I'm particularly fond of Slackware Linux - mostly because it was the first Linux operating system I learned on and it has been around the longest. That, and because it isn't Windoze and is open source and Free as in Freedom. For me Slackware has been the most stable and still reasonably cutting-edge Linux system around and it's philosophy has remained and is 'keep it simple'. I also use Debian, SuSE, Redhat, and other Linux systems, but Slack is my favorite.

I've been active in the Tulsa Linux Users Group for several years and have given several Linux-centric seminars for the TLUG and for the Tulsa Computer Society.

I am also a Go Player. That is an ancient oriental board game, usually known as Japanese Go and also known as Wei-Chi in Chinese and Paduk in Korean. For more about Go visit the American Go Association web site at:

My alias 'Sabaki' is a Japanese Go term meaning 'development' having to do with the development of the game as it is played, but I also do software development.

Well, I have a very wide range of interests - motorcycles, philosophy, cooking, fishing, camping, music, to name a few.

And, I'm more interested in being interested instead of interesting. Heheh. So that's enough about me!

Looks like a real interesting web site here! The forums are great!

Chuck Bell

--------------------
"The mind that understands itself
Is the mind of a free man".
- L. Ron Hubbard

KrispysKingdom
09-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Hello all! My name is Kris. I am a WAHM (graphics & web designer - among other internet-related things) and my husband is in the ARMY. We have two sons - Cherokee is 10 and Maximus is 2. We moved to Lawton from Nevada about 1 1/2 years ago.

Curt
09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Hello all! My name is Kris. I am a WAHM (graphics & web designer - among other internet-related things) and my husband is in the ARMY. We have two sons - Cherokee is 10 and Maximus is 2. We moved to Lawton from Nevada about 1 1/2 years ago.
Welcome Kris, your gonna like this place alot.

Ally_05
09-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Howdy, y'all! I'm Alex, I live in Lewisville, Texas. I have a sister in OKC and I found you guys on Tulsa TV Memories.

Intrepid
09-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Howdy, y'all! I'm Alex, I live in Lewisville, Texas. I have a sister in OKC and I found you guys on Tulsa TV Memories.

Welcome to OKC Talk Alex!

:tiphat:

Keith
09-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Alex and Kris....it is great to have you as members of OKCTalk. Thanks for letting us know a little more about yourselves. As mariner62 said, you will really like this place.

:welcome5:

Ally_05
09-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks very much, folks. I really appreciate that.

gemgirl
09-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I stumbled on this webite early last week and decided to join. I haven't posted much yet, but I'm glad that people here seem pretty laid back. We all know how some forums can get vile fast. My name is Stephanie. I'm 25 and live in Midwest City with my husband and 13-month-old daughter. I work full time at Baptist and take evening classes at Rose State. I've been in Oklahoma since August 1998---moved here from Memphis.

LuAnn
09-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi. My name is LuAnn and I live in Kentucky with my DH Chris, our 3 children and our dog - who just had TEN puppies! We moved up from Texas a couple of months ago and I wanted to go through OK last time...as in two previous visits we have had vehicles DIE in AR.

Seriously, I found out about this place from a friend of mine, Rhonda. And I know a couple people in the area as well. So here I am.

Leon
09-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi, Luann...Welcome

Curt
09-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi. My name is LuAnn and I live in Kentucky with my DH Chris, our 3 children and our dog - who just had TEN puppies! We moved up from Texas a couple of months ago and I wanted to go through OK last time...as in two previous visits we have had vehicles DIE in AR.

Seriously, I found out about this place from a friend of mine, Rhonda. And I know a couple people in the area as well. So here I am.
Hey LuAnn, glad to have ya here. It's a nice place to be. But why Kentucky from Texas? just curious. Kentucky is beautiful.

Winterhawk
09-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Greetings,

I go by the name of Winterhawk. I am 28, live in Eastern OKC. I am married, father of 2. Recently retired from the Air Force.

I will not go into too much depth about myself personally as I truly do not know any of you yet and therefore I am tenative to post too much about myself.

You can truly get to know more about me at my blog located at http://www.towerofthesun.com/blog

I also run the site called Tower of the Sun, a worldwide community of fans of the Lone Wolf series of book by Joe Dever.

I look forward to posting more, talk to you all later.

Karried
09-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Welcome Winterhawk! Look forward to getting to know you...

:welcome5:

plskittyonemore
10-15-2005, 10:14 PM
hi im plskitty1more. im a part time student. will be graduating come dec of 06. then its time to find a job. i have brn hair shot through with some silver and drk brn eyes. im of latin decent. im 35 yrs old but look about 27. im not being conceited this is what people have told me.

Spookytourchick
10-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Most of you all know me already! Just checking in! :poke:

bigjkt405
11-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I am Bigjkt405--- if you are familiar with the rivals network- my handle used to be bigbodypoke (long story)

born and raised in NE OKC, moved to florida after college, and now live in tulsa. am looking to relocate to the city fairly quickly

plmccordj
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Hello,

My name is Paul and I am in Del City. I was born and raised here but lived outside of Oklahoma for 10 years due to being in the Air Force. I have always been proud of my hometown and found this site while looking for Hornets information.

I not only found the two Hornets' sites listed above that I love but have grown to love this site as well. It is great to have a place to find out about new developments.

Thanks for the site,

Paul

Keith
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi bigjkt405 and plmccordj (Paul):

Let me be the first to welcome you both to OKCTalk. This is a unique forum that gives you the opportunity to voice your opinions and share your thoughts and ideas. Feel free to jump in anytime and reply to a post. There are many great members on this forum, so you have a great chance to make new friends. Relax, and enjoy youself:wink: .

Again....:welcome5:

dcsooner
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Hello OKC Talks, I am a native Oklahoman (Lawton), OU grad, living and working in the Washingtonm DC area. I love my home state and surf to Oklahoma related site daily. Always interested in the news and events that continue to make our State great. Right now, I am on a Hornets high and and hoping that my fellows Oklahomans who currently reside in the State will make a showing that will make it a sound business decision for them to stay. Look forward to talking about any and all issues and maybe in 4-5 years returning and retiring at home in Oklahoma

Keith
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Hello OKC Talks, I am a native Oklahoman (Lawton), OU grad, living and working in the Washingtonm DC area. I love my home state and surf to Oklahoma related site daily. Always interested in the news and events that continue to make our State great. Right now, I am on a Hornets high and and hoping that my fellows Oklahomans who currently reside in the State will make a showing that will make it a sound business decision for them to stay. Look forward to talking about any and all issues and maybe in 4-5 years returning and retiring at home in Oklahoma
Hi dcsooner, and Welcome to OKCTalk, We appreciate you posting on the "roll call," so that we can know more about you. We have many Hornets fans on this forum, so you will be right at home. We always like to hear from native Oklahomans that are living in another state. It shows your interest in our great city.

Feel free to visit and share your ideas and opinions.

Again, :welcome5:

okieinbabylon
11-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi, I'm Jeremy and live in Iraq. I'm from western OK and plan to live in OKC next summer.

Chris
11-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi all. I accidentally came up on this site, and it looks like the place to be. I'm in my 30's and single. I just ended a long term relationship, so I am really hurting right now. I hope to find laughter and advice.

Curt
11-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi all. I accidentally came up on this site, and it looks like the place to be. I'm in my 30's and single. I just ended a long term relationship, so I am really hurting right now. I hope to find laughter and advice.
Welcome to the site Hotlips, sorry about your situation but I am sure you will find some helpful advice here. By the way I tried to send you a private message but your box is full?

shortcakes2005
12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
hello all sorry i didnt introduce myself sooner.

Curt
12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
hello all sorry i didnt introduce myself sooner.
Thats cool Shortcakes...glad to meet ya now.

F60
12-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Hello all! I found this site while doing a media-related search on Google, and joined up to post/ask a question. I live up in Stillwater, so I may not be too active on this board, but I'll probably pop up from time to time.

Mark

Patrick
12-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey Mark, glad to have you here! Feel free to pop in as much as you'd like!

Wolfe
12-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Howdy! I'm Wolfe. Was born and raised in western Oklahoma, Custer City, lived in OKC for about 16 years, then moved to northern Cali. :smile: I come home to visit friends and family every few years. ;)

I found this site while I was searching for some pics of Miss Fran From Storyland. I used to have a stuffed version of her 'side-kick' when I was small, but I couldn't remember his name. :( It had been a special gift from my Uncle and it's also one of my earliest memories... sittin' on the floor watching Miss Fran and holding my special gift. :)

Lookin' forward to gettin' to know ya'll.

Randy
12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi everybody:

My name is Randy, and I basically found this site by accident, however, i am glad I found it. I've read some of the posts and have enjoyed the discussions. I feel this would be a good investment and hobby for me, so I decided to go ahead and go premium. I am looking forward to getting to know everybody a little better.

dirtrider73068
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
:welcome5: wolfe

:welcome5: randy, you will enjoy it here. I have been here for about a year and love it. I have also enjoyed the dissussions they have here as well. If there is a topic you would like to disscuss jump in or start one on your own.

ericmayfield
12-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi I'm Eric and live in Atoka. I lived in OKC for several years, and brick town wasn't a thought back then. I am in the band Spur503 and noticed when I searched for our second site, a hit at this site... hmm. Interests, Music

sweetdaisy
12-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Welcome, Eric! Hope you enjoy it here. :)

Keith
12-31-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi I'm Eric and live in Atoka. I lived in OKC for several years, and brick town wasn't a thought back then. I am in the band Spur503 and noticed when I searched for our second site, a hit at this site... hmm. Interests, Music
Welcome to okctalk, Eric. We have a lot of members on this forum who are into music also, so you should be right at home here. Jump right in and get acquainted with everyone.

Again, :welcome55

Oki_Man5
12-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi, My name is Pete; I am a somewhat ancient married male as if the name did not imply male.

I am somewhat computer illiterate even though I bought my first computer way back around 1980 (Commodore Vic 20---remember those? LOL). I have used computers ever since all the way from the first IBM compatibles we called them that did not even have a hard driver---my first had two each 5 1/4" floppys (3 1/2" was not made back then.) I think what makes me most computer illiterate is because I have not kept up with the changing names of some of the files like I wonder what some mean when they use a name for a scenario that to me does not imply what it is pertaining to. I dunno why I say this, I guess to let anyone who might be interested to know why I might not understand something.

I hope to become a Premium member or whatever it is called soon, but there are so many that one can subscribe to that it would take The Donald's money to subscribe to them all, and while I am "loaded" LOL yeah right! (maybe I meant drunk there?), I still have to limit my subscriptions----most are probably saying: "What is another $50.00?" But add that $50.00 to all the $100.00 most sites want, and it could be enuf to open a chicken ranch one day.

OK, What I like to do; I am a general fixit guy I guess---No! I do not work on other people's homes or such; just mine, and I love to design and build things.

I love to recycle too.

And I almost forgot to say I used to be fairly political, but I hope I have finally came to the conclusion that it cannot be changed, so why waste my breath. I still vote in every election, but that is about it; I have not even written a letter to editor in maybe a couple of years.

Hope this is not too long, but I guess nobody has to read it.

Pete

osupa05
12-31-2005, 07:51 AM
Haha.. well it was long, but I read it... and it was a good intro! Welcome to OKCtalk! It's loads of fun!!! Oh, and if you ever change your mind about fixing up other people's houses, mine could sure use some work! I used an electric drill the other day... what fun!!! I found I like putting holes in things with a power tool! Hope you enjoy OKCtalk!

Oki_Man5
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
I do not know where this will go, but I want to say like in my original post that I could not find things because something like I had not kept up with terminology---well, I was just looking for the board where I posted the welcome (psst! I had searched frantically for it over the past few days, and i just lucked into finding it this morning) anyway, I was looking for it with zero success in finding it, so I was logging off frustrated of course due to my own inabilities, and I checked my mail and a nice surprise awaited me there in OSUPA's post , but I am yet to find the board again.

OK I will shush, Pete

Doug Loudenback
12-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey, Pete! Great intro! One of the best I've read here!

I note that I don't think that premium membership doesn't cost as much as what you mentioned; that just because someone is pretty much "fixed" in his/her political points of view certainly doesn't keep members here "quiet" ... :fighting2 ... not now, not ever! You beat me on your computer "start" ... mine wasn't until 1986 ... but, perhaps, I've kept up with changes a little more than you have from your description of yourself! But, keep on keepin' on ... you'll get where you want to be!

BTW, and I mean no disrespect, but do you know how to "bookmark" websites so that you can go there quickly ... I only mention this since I understand you to have said you didn't know how to "get back" here until you got a message from OkcTalk that a thread to which you'd subscribed had been replied to ... maybe I misunderstood. But, if you need help with bookmarking, let me know. But, generally, if you enter http:\\www.okctalk.com in the address bar and press your {Enter} key, you will find yourself among your OkcTalk friends!

Welcome and I look forward to reading your posts, hopefully modeled upon your 1st! :bow:

Oki_Man5
12-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Doug,

I can get to the OKCTalk okay---I put it into my links; it is when I want to navigate around inside the Talk place that I have problems, but in time, surely I will get used to the places.

One thing though: When I got back here to the intros part, the oldest posts are first; is there any way to convert it to where the latest post comes up (Like now, to get to your post, I had to click to page 15---not a big deal, but if there is a way to set it to where the latest post comes up first (I think they call that ascending or maybe descending.

Thanks, Pete

osupa05
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
That's a good idea.. I like it! However, there is a "View First unread" button to click on near the top, close to the first post... that way if there's more than one page that you haven't read, it'll take you to the first one you haven't read... it's nice when you've been away for awhile and have more than one post to read! I don't recommend leaving for "awhile" though... I had to study for boards (such a bad excuse...school!) and I missed this joint! Happy New Year!!!

Keith
12-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Doug,

I can get to the OKCTalk okay---I put it into my links; it is when I want to navigate around inside the Talk place that I have problems, but in time, surely I will get used to the places.

One thing though: When I got back here to the intros part, the oldest posts are first; is there any way to convert it to where the latest post comes up (Like now, to get to your post, I had to click to page 15---not a big deal, but if there is a way to set it to where the latest post comes up first (I think they call that ascending or maybe descending.

Thanks, Pete
Hey, Pete, welcome to okctalk! Yep, it is hard to navigate through the forum when you are new to the site. I've been on here a year and a half, and I still get lost on occasion.:LolLolLol

I think you will really like it here because, not only can you speak your mind, you can also get into a friendly debate over just about anything. Thanks for letting us know a little about yourself, and have fun posting.:tiphat:

Intrepid
12-31-2005, 11:28 PM
I found I like putting holes in things with a power tool! Hope you enjoy OKCtalk!

Um....and you're going into medicine????

:sofa:

osupa05
01-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Haha... maybe surgery!!! I like to cut (and sew back!)...

Intrepid
01-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Haha... maybe surgery!!! I like to cut (and sew back!)...

Uh oh...now I'm really scared. :ohno:

neddycat
01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I am Nancy, born, raised and lived in Oklahoma City/Norman for my first 40 years, living in Houston the past 12. I have a 19 year old son and 16 year old daughter. I'm planning on moving back to OKC in a year and a half when my daughter graduates from high school, and am hoping to find a bungalow in a friendly neighborhood with good close local (hopefully walkable) services.

My brother and I cleaned out our parents house summer before last when they moved to an independent living center, and were very impressed with the progress that's been made in OKC - Bricktown, and just the general cleanliness of the City. It no longer looks like you're driving through the dump along I-40.

I'm hoping to gain a better idea of how OKC has grown and changed since I left, and what to expect when I move back.

Oki_Man5
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Welcome, Nancy,

They are all busy planning a single's get together, so I will welcome you.

Thanks for dropping in.

Pete

Keith
01-12-2006, 05:13 AM
I am Nancy, born, raised and lived in Oklahoma City/Norman for my first 40 years, living in Houston the past 12. I have a 19 year old son and 16 year old daughter. I'm planning on moving back to OKC in a year and a half when my daughter graduates from high school, and am hoping to find a bungalow in a friendly neighborhood with good close local (hopefully walkable) services.

My brother and I cleaned out our parents house summer before last when they moved to an independent living center, and were very impressed with the progress that's been made in OKC - Bricktown, and just the general cleanliness of the City. It no longer looks like you're driving through the dump along I-40.

I'm hoping to gain a better idea of how OKC has grown and changed since I left, and what to expect when I move back.
Hi Nancy, and welcome to OKCTalk. There has been so much growth in downtown OKC and in Bricktown in the past 12 years, and you saw a glimpse of it when you were here the summer before last. You would be amazed at how much has changed since you have been here.

This is a family friendly forum where you the the freedom to express your opinions and ideas, so jump right in and tell us what you think.

Again, :welcome55

Wooldoor Sockbat
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello!

Wooldoor Sockbat
03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Hows everyone?

Patrick
03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey Wooldoor, welcome to OKCTalk. Doing fine here. Tell us a little about yourself!

Feel free to jump right in and post. Glad to have you here.

MusicalJoplin
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi! I'm Jim. I used to live in the metro area, years ago. I now live in Lawton, but spend a fair amount of time in the city. I work for Western Oklahoma State College in Altus, but work in Lawton (saves on the terrible commute).

I'm just here to meet some new folks!

hsj
03-21-2006, 09:12 AM
:spin: Hello,
I live just south of the border (Texas, that is), but often come up to Oklahoma and LOVE to shop in OKC! An OKC carriage-driving friend of mine (you know, that neat horse and buggy you see around town every now and then?) suggested I join this group so maybe she can offer music to her passengers too - cool idea, eh? Right now, I'm packing my gloves and earmuffs to come to OKC the end of this week to attend the Pinto Horse Assn. Nat'l Convention at that large horsefolks-friendly hotel at the junction of I-40 and Meridian - you know the one - and if you're interested in beautiful horses with big beautiful spots, let me urge you to come by and get acquainted with all of us!
hsj

Keith
03-21-2006, 05:55 PM
:spin: Hello,
I live just south of the border (Texas, that is), but often come up to Oklahoma and LOVE to shop in OKC! An OKC carriage-driving friend of mine (you know, that neat horse and buggy you see around town every now and then?) suggested I join this group so maybe she can offer music to her passengers too - cool idea, eh? Right now, I'm packing my gloves and earmuffs to come to OKC the end of this week to attend the Pinto Horse Assn. Nat'l Convention at that large horsefolks-friendly hotel at the junction of I-40 and Meridian - you know the one - and if you're interested in beautiful horses with big beautiful spots, let me urge you to come by and get acquainted with all of us!
hsj
Hi hsj & MusicalJoplin.......

Welcome to OKCTalk. I am glad that you both found this site. I know you live in Texas, hjs, but we won't hold that against you.:LolLolLol

Also, MusicalJoplin, we appreciate you coming to this site, even though you do live in Lawton. We are glad to have you here.

Both of you jump in any time and join in on the discussions.

Again, :tiphat: Welcome.

Southside Mike
03-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi everybody! My name is Mike, and I've lived here for several years now. Born and raised in Oklahoma, I have always loved this city. I'm 27, I'm into photography, computers, music and lots of other things too. Hope to get to know everybody!

osupa05
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Hola... welcome to a fun site! Jump in and get to postin'! We love hearing new ideas around here!

hsj
03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Keith,
Thanks for welcoming me - or, at least, my Texas money! :rolleyes:

Would it be ok to post a quick "wanted" listing here for the trailer I'm hunting now?

OKC used to be the leading mfr of trailers in the Nation, but I notice there aren't as many as there used to be. Can anybody pin down why?

Thanks, hsj

Todd
03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
hsj, you can post it in the Swap and Shop forum.

hsj
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks Todd :tiphat:

Sloneczko
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Hello and greetings! My name is Berta and my buddy Chad got me signed up on this OKC Talk thing. Looks to be interesting enough. I was born in OKC 21 years ago and I enjoy living here. I'm not sure what else to say. I am interested in podcasts, the zoo, plants, animals, mountain biking, organic farming, and working for a sustainable future. Things like that.

JAFO
04-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone.

I am from south Okla. City, and I like to keep up with the growth going on in south OKC. This looks like a fun place to be, so I look forward to meeting many of you.

Uptown
04-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi. I'm from Northwest Oklahoma City. I'm so glad I found this site. I like to keep up with the progress in Bricktown and downtown.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.