View Full Version : Street Tacos

ctchandler
02-02-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry if this seems a little stupid, but I have noticed when I purchase tortillas that they have a new "Baby" sized tortilla labeled for "Street Tacos". The stupid thing is barely large enough to be used for chip and dip. I have had street tacos in Tijuana, Juarez, and Matamoros and they were normal sized. I thought of these things as taco sliders because they were so small. Does anybody really make tacos with these things? I always use beef, onions, lettuce, jalapeņos, habaneros, cheese and of course salsa and I wouldn't be able to put all that stuff on one of these. I know, if I don't like the size, I shouldn't worry about it, but I'm really curious and wonder if anybody really uses these things for tacos.
C. T.

Bits_Of_Real_Panther
02-02-2017, 05:55 PM
I can polish off about 5 or 6 of those little tacos that they sell from the taco trucks, they usually get 1 buck per, and come with some of those pickled carrot slabs, jalapenos on the side.

I've not purchased those little tortillas though when making my own fwiw.

Dr Beard Face
02-03-2017, 08:09 AM
I love me some little street tacos. I've typically seen them served with 2 tortillas stacked on top of each other and jam packed with the delicious taco innards. I usually just split the 2 shells a bit and extend the taco to a more normal size that doesn't have as much of the ingredients falling out.

ctchandler
02-03-2017, 09:47 AM
I guess I'm a little out of touch. I have eaten at Big Truck Tacos (their store on 23rd, not their truck) and I don't remember tiny little tacos, they were normal size soft tacos. I think I might use the street taco tortillas for small tostadas and possibly cut them in thirds for deep frying to make nachos. Normally when I make nachos, I cut the full size tortillas into fourths for deep frying.
C. T.

Thomas Vu
02-03-2017, 10:09 PM
BIg Truck defnitely isn't tiny.

ctchandler
02-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Thomas,
Thanks, I didn't remember that they were but I am an old guy my memory probably isn't what it was. It's been about a year since I have eaten there (since I moved to MWC), but I did enjoy their tacos. I will try to get over there again soon, I have missed there tacos.
C. T.

Jeepnokc
02-04-2017, 03:17 PM

nor a dollar each