View Full Version : New Year, New Oklahoma - What will you do in 2017?

TU 'cane
01-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Ok, snide comments aside about a potential new Oklahoma, what will you do to make 2017 better while you live here? Talk about anything - your goals, wants, what you currently do to make this state better and how you want to improve (yourself or the state), etc.

I did one of these for 2016 and wanted to do it again. I feel that it comes down to us, the people, to make this state something better.

-

I want to keep politicians accountable. I plan on setting aside time each week to review what's going on in the legislature and contacting my representative and senator more frequently. Some of the things this state has done is embarrassing and I want to avoid that. This state needs to be more welcoming and with that comes more companies, etc. which means more jobs and more people living here making our lives better.

I plan on continuing my recycling regiment on my own and even recycling a few more things every week than I do now. Right now I'm about 50/50 what goes in the trash versus recyclables.

There, maybe that will jump start the conversation. Discuss!

bradh
01-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Great thread.

As I promised a few of my educator friends when I told them I voted against the SQ sales tax increase, I will write my state legislation and let them know that my vote against that SQ was not a "hey everything is good" vote but one that signaled that was a bad plan but y'all need to get your **** in order in regards to public education.