View Full Version : Lottinvilles in Edmond

jbkrems
01-02-2017, 06:34 PM
They just announced on their Facebook page that they are closing their doors permanently, TONIGHT. This is their last day of business. What a shame as they have been such an institution in Edmond.

traxx
01-03-2017, 12:09 PM
I always liked Lottinvilles. This is too bad. I wonder why the sudden closing.

JarrodH
01-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Many of these aren't sudden closings per say, just sudden to the public.

I've discussed this with Pete personally but there are TONS of local restaurants who are barely hanging on or are slowly sinking. When things like licenses or leases are set to renew, many of these operators choose to just seize operations then instead of paying for these things and then closing a few months later. I have no doubt we will see many more in 2017 as new places open in droves and others simply cant hang on any longer.

Pete
01-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Considering the massive amount of new openings in just the last few years, I'm surprised there hasn't been more closings.

Almost always, they'll blame 'the economy' but the truth is that competition is ramping up and the people doing a good job will always have plenty of business.

rezman
01-03-2017, 02:16 PM
I liked their current location better than the old one. The wife, daughter and I went there last a couple months ago. It was good. I liked the décor, music, food and service.

jbkrems
01-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Well, hopefully that space will find a new operator that will do it justice. I will miss the fireplace in the lounge.

Richard at Remax
01-03-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm the opposite. Ever since they moved into their new location it just wasn't the same. Food was ok. Never really busy. But with so many new restaurants now it wasn't a destination anymore

Chadanth
01-03-2017, 05:26 PM
I thought the food was good, the venue nice, and well priced. But it really was never busy when I went, and it's hard for me to say what they provided that couldn't be found elsewhere. Kinda sad though.

rezman
01-04-2017, 06:38 AM
The fact that it never was really busy is fine with me. I don't like crowded places anyway, so it made for more relaxed and easy paced dining, and It wasn't far from home.

traxx
01-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Hopefully something is done with the facility and it's not just left there to rot. There's currently two empty restaurants on B'way as you come into Edmond that were at one time decent looking buildings but have been rotting for several years. I think one was BG Bolton's and the other may have been Marie Calendar's.

Filthy
01-04-2017, 08:09 AM
This is kind of a bummer. My boss would typically give us a $200 gift card to Lottinvilles for a Christmas gift, and I would eat lunch there a few times a month, for a good while until it was gone. It's interesting, that everyone was wondering why he changed it up this year.....and I'm pretty sure, this would be why.