View Full Version : Opening Night 2017

ljbab728
12-15-2016, 10:47 PM
A video update on this celebration provided by the Oklahoman.

http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/5249952029001#gsc.tab=0

shawnw
12-16-2016, 10:50 AM
when I click the link I got the AC hotel video?

ljbab728
12-16-2016, 10:12 PM
when I click the link I got the AC hotel video?

Sorry about that, this should be the correct video,

http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/5249550451001

kevinpate
12-26-2016, 12:37 PM
We haven't come up for Opening Night in several years. When did it become so compacted around city hall? I can recall wandering through the Underground and/or the streets from the library to a few locations in the courthouse to one of the parking garages to what was then OGE, Leadership Square and other locations throughout downtown.

TexanOkie
12-26-2016, 01:57 PM
We haven't come up for Opening Night in several years. When did it become so compacted around city hall? I can recall wandering through the Underground and/or the streets from the library to a few locations in the courthouse to one of the parking garages to what was then OGE, Leadership Square and other locations throughout downtown.

I don't know, and haven't been since it has, but we're going this year and I'm glad it has. While it was cool to walk around all of downtown, the venues further from the finale area usually had sparse attendance, and those events closer were all jam-packed to the point where it took a little away from the experience.

Of course, I miss the days when there were roller derby exhibitions at the Cox Convention Center and ballroom dancing at Leadership Square, too.

OKCretro
12-27-2016, 08:12 AM
didn't even realize they still had this event.
thought it went to the wayside like the air show in the summer.
Do the flaming lips still play at the myriad?

Bullbear
12-27-2016, 08:58 AM
didn't even realize they still had this event.
thought it went to the wayside like the air show in the summer.
Do the flaming lips still play at the myriad?

it's been a few years since Flaming lips have done a NYE. the last few were held at the Chevy events center. the last one was with yoko ono and the Fire marshal put the Kibash on the after party at womb due to occupancy concerns. I don't think they have done it since.