View Full Version : Fidel Castro Dead at 90

ljbab728
11-25-2016, 11:25 PM
No matter how he is judged in history, he was a major figure in world politics for the last half century.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/cuban-revolutionary-icon-fidel-castro-dies-president/ar-AAkLIvW?ocid=spartanntp

jerrywall
11-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Wow. Florence Henderson just got Chyna'd. Rest in hell bastard.

stick47
11-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Fidel T Shirt sales booming at NFL stadiums and college campuses nationwide.

Achilleslastand
11-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Fidel T Shirt sales booming at NFL stadiums and college campuses nationwide.

Yep, someone in SFO is crying their eyes out now..

Laramie
11-26-2016, 04:52 PM
http://loopassets.s3.amazonaws.com/styles/carousel_large/s3/thumbnails/image/fidel_castro_1.jpg?itok=dkaEbMIt

Fidel Castro is dead at the age of 90:

"You're suppose to say something GOOD about the dead; he's dead, that's GOOD!" --Jackie 'Moms' Mabley

Stew
11-26-2016, 04:54 PM
I'm not old enough to know why I should hate Fidel. That makes me sad.

Jeepnokc
11-26-2016, 06:46 PM
I was in Cuba three years ago. The rural areas and the older generations loved Fidel. They younger generation and the more urban people realized that he was holding the country back. I felt very safe there and it was an extremely clean city and country but one needing much repair. They took a big hit after the collapse of the Soviet Union as they lost a lot of economic support/aid

bradh
11-27-2016, 08:03 AM
I guess I don't understand all of these world leaders coming out praising Castro after his death, especially good ol' Trudeau up north.

To me, looking at the celebrations in Miami, it seems no one should be sadden by his death.

Urbanized
11-28-2016, 03:45 AM
Yeah, there has been a lot of public/media waffling regarding his legacy, breaking largely along party/ideological lines, disappointingly. I understand that he was a bit of a folk hero for some, but you shouldn't have to be one political bent or another to recognize that overwhelming oppression and the murder of political dissidents is bad. His record was pretty inarguable in this regard.

Cocaine
11-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Well it's not like he was still president anyway. The only good thing he did was make a Cuba for Cubans. It's never good to basically be a colony of any country but the things he did after that are what makes him an @$$hole. RIP Castro

RadicalModerate
11-30-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm really trying hard to think of something--anything--good to say about Fidel . . . gimme a second . . . hmm . . . let's see . . . okay, I finally thought of something: He seemed to appreciate a decent cigar. And he once wore TWO Rolex watches to a meeting with Nikita the K. I guess the second thing there was more being an asshole than something good. Sorry.

Urbanized
11-30-2016, 08:51 AM
ACTUAL freedom fighters don't execute dissidents by firing squad. "Liberator" and despot are by definition mutually exclusive.

RadicalModerate
11-30-2016, 09:04 AM
I think that there are two ways that the phrase "freedom fighter" could be interpreted. Executing dissidents could be considered to be a form of fighting freedom . . . I think Fidel's favorite cigar was an Authentic Cuban Cohiba.