View Full Version : Golfsmith's

Hondo1
11-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Sorry to see that Golfsmith's at Penn and Memorial is closing. That space was previously occupied by Ultimate Electronics. A lot of space to be vacant, so hopefully someone will pick it up soon.

Roger S
11-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Sorry to see that Golfsmith's at Penn and Memorial is closing. That space was previously occupied by Ultimate Electronics. A lot of space to be vacant, so hopefully someone will pick it up soon.

Golfsmith filed bankruptcy over the summer. They are closing all but 30 stores nationwide.

JarrodH
11-22-2016, 08:55 AM
I believe they were purchased out of bankruptcy by Dick's Sporting Goods who is becoming a real player in the golf industry.

Roger S
11-22-2016, 07:20 PM
I believe they were purchased out of bankruptcy by Dick's Sporting Goods who is becoming a real player in the golf industry.

I received an email this morning letting me know that Dick's had purchased all of their customers data. Don't know that the Dick's purchase goes beyond that.

NOTICE TO GOLFSMITH CUSTOMERS REGARDING THE TRANSFER OF CUSTOMER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ("PII")

You may have heard that Golfsmith filed for bankruptcy and is winding down its business. As part of that process, DICK'S Sporting Goods purchased certain Golfsmith assets, including Golfsmith’s customers' PII (name, postal address, email address, phone number, birth date, or other contact information, but only to the extent present in the Golfsmith databases). As a result of this sale, DICK'S is the successor-in-interest to, has agreed to be bound by and is responsible for complying with the Golfsmith Privacy Policy with respect to its treatment of Golfsmith's customers' PII once it takes possession of that information.

WHY ARE YOU RECEIVING THIS NOTICE?
You are receiving this Notice because your PII was included within the customer database information that DICK'S Sporting Goods purchased from Golfsmith and DICK’S Sporting Goods expects that your PII may be included within the information that it will receive from Golfsmith.

DO YOU HAVE A CHOICE?
Yes. If you do not want Golfsmith to transfer your PII to DICK'S Sporting Goods, you may opt-out of this transfer. If you opt-out of the transfer, Golfsmith will not transfer your PII to DICK'S Sporting Goods. You can opt-out by visiting

www.http://www.GolfsmithTransferOptOut.com

or by calling 1-(888)-654-1267 no later than December 23, 2016. The Notification ID provided below helps us to identify you and you will need your Notification ID to opt-out.

NOTIFICATION ID:

©2016 Golfsmith International, Inc. - 11000 North IH-35 - Austin, TX 78753 All Rights Reserved.

Filthy
12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Dicks also owns Golf Galaxy, which has always been my preference when purchasing product from the "chain" golf stores.