View Full Version : Sex in the shower

karlanee
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
You thought this was going to be a naughty post didn't you? Gotcha!

I found this little article on newsok.com today and thought it was interesting.

From NewsOk.com

Differences between sexes

Debbie Magids, a New York-based psychologist, says most people don't like to talk about their experience in the showers.
Why?

"Because the shower is a very private, very vulnerable place," Magids said. "And as a result, we just don't know much about its rituals, psychologically."

So, Magids and bathroom products company Olay oversaw a national telephone survey conducted July 29-31 by Roper Public Affairs & Media, in which 1,000 adults 18 and older were asked about their shower habits. The key finding? Men and women are very different in the shower.

Women take longer, for one thing. They often stay in for 10 minutes. Many women find this to be a nurturing place of escape. "Taking a shower is a legitimate excuse for women to be alone, to check out and not be held accountable," Magids said.

Men are more businesslike. They get wet, get clean, get out, get dry and get dressed. What do men think about in the shower? "Sex and work," Magids said.

One last gender difference in the shower: Magids found more women face away from the nozzle, while most men face toward it.

Why? "I have no idea," she said. "That's just one of life's little mysteries."

When asked which female celebrity they'd most like to shower with, most men chose Angelina Jolie. Most women chose George Clooney.

Magids says she doesn't know why women face away from the shower and men face toward the nozzle. As a woman, I can say personally it's because I don't like water in my face. I would imagine, the reason most men face toward the nozzle is because they can put up with water in their face if it means they have water hitting "other areas". Any input, guys?

I've always thought that for women, a shower is an "experience" and for men a shower is just something you do. LOL

windowphobe
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I do a 180-degree turn, to make sure everything gets, um, adequately splashed.

And women, I suspect, are more willing to pay extra for shower heads that do more than splash, so to speak.

Keith
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I do a 180-degree turn, to make sure everything gets, um, adequately splashed.

And women, I suspect, are more willing to pay extra for shower heads that do more than splash, so to speak.
Actually, when I am in the shower soaping up, I face away from the shower and let the water hit my back because it is so relaxing. The only time I am facing the shower is when I am rinsing the soap off. I do, however, take a quick shower. I get in, get wet, lather, rinse, and get out.

Curt
10-03-2005, 10:17 PM
In the morning it is just a quickee to wake me up since by the time I get up for work and am supposed to be there I have like 15 minutes. But after work usually a 5 to 10 minute shower, depending on whether or not I decide to shave. I cant say I spend more time facing the spray or letting it hit my back, I'd have to say it's about the same. Interesting thread here. I would not say I think about sex anymore in the shower than I do any other time though. In the morning usually I am thnking about what I have to do at work that day. In the evening I think about what I have to do at home. So I would have to say my showers are not that exciting, but relaxing none the less.