View Full Version : Affordable auto body work?

Pete
10-27-2016, 01:40 PM
I have an older Lexus that is still like new apart from a minor dent and some scratches in the back.

I've received a couple of quotes for a full-on repair; where they actually replace the entire rear bumper cover, etc.

But because the car is not worth much it doesn't make sense to pay north of $1K for this, but I do plan to keep driving the car for 2-3 more years at least.

Any recommendations for someone who can do that work for less money; perhaps sanding and painting the cover instead of completely replacing it?

TIA

Roger S
10-27-2016, 01:44 PM
When I had my 97 Dodge Ram repainted because that model year had issues with the primer causing all the paint to peel off. I took it to Maaco at Shields and I-240.... They did a good, and more importantly, inexpensive full paint job.

I also used them when another driver side swiped me making an illegal turn and was happy with that service also.

sooner88
10-27-2016, 02:06 PM
I have an older Lexus that is still like new apart from a minor dent and some scratches in the back.

I've received a couple of quotes for a full-on repair; where they actually replace the entire rear bumper cover, etc.

But because the car is not worth much it doesn't make sense to pay north of $1K for this, but I do plan to keep driving the car for 2-3 more years at least.

Any recommendations for someone who can do that work for less money; perhaps sanding and painting the cover instead of completely replacing it?

TIA

We've used Japanese Auto for our family's cars for a long time. Monty doesn't do body work, but there is a place across the street (I'm blanking on the name) that does very affordable body work, and is a place that he has sent our cars multiple times.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/japanese-auto-service-oklahoma-city

Edit: looks like it's called J&K Morris Bodywork

Urbanized
10-28-2016, 06:45 AM
I had to have some scrapes fixed on the front-end - and a crack in the rear bumper - of a leased car before turn-in. I got several quotes including from places recommended by friends. One of the quotes was from Carsmetics on NW Expressway. This was at the recommendation of a friend who is fleet manager at a Ford dealership, who said they get all of their work done there.

Carsmetics absolutely SLAUGHTERED the quotes done by the other places. Like, half the price or less. It was done well, and on the promised timeline. Would recommend.

SoonerDave
10-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I'll second Carsmetics. Had some primarily cosmetic work done on my wife's van a few years ago, no way any other body shop would have touched it. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I'd at least let them give you an estimate.

BLJR
10-28-2016, 05:29 PM
Colortech at 433 NE 139th St, Edmond, OK 73013. This place does all Bob Howard touch up. Its on Lincoln, pretty close to the Purina plant.

Pete
10-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate all the recs.

Time to go get some estimates.

rte66man
10-29-2016, 07:27 PM
I'll second Carsmetics. Had some primarily cosmetic work done on my wife's van a few years ago, no way any other body shop would have touched it. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I'd at least let them give you an estimate.

I third the recommendation especially for the low proces; however, you have to be careful. I've had 3 different paint jobs done by the location on NW Expressway. While all 3 were excellent, the last one was obviously rushed as there was paint and sealer all over my windshield. They must have done a poor job of masking.

SouthSide
10-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Legends Auto Collison 11735 S. Portland 691-1820. Great work and they will work with you on the type of repairs based on your needs and budget.