View Full Version : The Eternal Single

Jay
10-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Have you ever noticed how some people seem to never have a significant other. Why do you think some people are always single?

sweetdaisy
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I think there are multiple reasons for some people always being single. All of your suggestions in the poll are valid reasons, but obviously they don't apply to everyone.

I have a friend who is one of these "perpetually single" folks. IMO, she's challenged by being extremely picky, and then she's very demanding and high maintenance. Never mind the fact that her body type is not the norm. Finally, she's not very extroverted and therefore ends up being overshadowed by some of her friends who are.

I've been officially single for over a year now...I don't know what my excuse is. :)

windowphobe
10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Can I have "all of the above"?

Keith
10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Have you ever noticed how some people seem to never have a significant other. Why do you think some people are always single?
I have a very good friend at church who is just over 50 years old. He has never been married and has no desire to be. He is about as normal as anyone can be. He has many lady friends, but he will be the first to tell you that they are just friends. He owns his own house and enjoys his life. As he puts it......I get to spend my own money and don't have to share it with anyone, and I can go home to peace and quiet.

gbyte
10-03-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm one of the guys that always seems to be single, first it started with just being too busy to really deal with having a girlfriend (full-time college and full-time+ work is not good for that). Well, that finally ended after 5 years and then none of the girls in my age range I ever met were available so I tried broadening range and the maturity difference was just astounding. With working at my regular job there are not too many single females there and I grew out of the bar scene when most of my friends moved away (it's still kind of fun with a group of 3 -> 8 though as long as one of the people is not one of those mean drunks)...

Well, now I'm living in OKC but having a problem finding much out there to interest me in the 2-3 nights a week when I can actually do stuff and can't seem to find many people to go do stuff with atm.

So basically I'm a perpetual single for the past 7-8 years (less than 6 months total of girlfriends :|)

Besides that I would have to say that with me being shy, a little introvertive, and that for the past 4-5 years I've found it a big pain to try and start a conversation with someone as I am really indifferent about most of the topics it seems I seem to find people around me in (current events, politics, etc.) :/

Leon
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Well,....not quite single yet. But I expect, not intentionally, to be single for a long time. I do not know how many of your choices apply to me. I will certainly not be single by choice, but I probably will not spend time where there is not any potential either.

Separated for a year, I no longer feel I'm obligated to wait for the divorce process to run its course...it's inevitable, why suffer more than necessary.

Being single could be OK.....being alone sucks!!!

amethystgirl
10-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I am new to the group. I am single and 40-ish.

Curt
10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Being single could be OK.....being alone sucks!!!
Sometimes it does suck. Not that I have not tried to meet anyone, Lord knows I have , just never worked out. Just make the best of it and spend my money on ME.

Linda
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I'll be honest. There simply aren't that many decent guys out there. Most of the decent guys are already taken.

windowphobe
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Which does not imply that most of the already-taken guys are decent. :)

Leon
10-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I'll be honest. There simply aren't that many decent guys out there. Most of the decent guys are already taken.

I dunno about that. I think I'm decent. Can't tell ya where a decent guy could be found....If I could ever find out where the decent women are, That's where I'll be.

Curt
10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
I can understand the way you feel..same goes for us guys..most decent women are taken already. And yes..nice guys still finnish last..

amethystgirl
10-26-2005, 11:24 AM
I can understand the way you feel..same goes for us guys..most decent women are taken already. And yes..nice guys still finnish last..
Hey, I am a decent woman.....

Jay
10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't think nice guys in general finish last. Its the nice guys who allow themselves to be used as doormat or who never stand up for themselves that finish last.

mranderson
10-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't think nice guys in general finish last. Its the nice guys who allow themselves to be used as doormat or who never stand up for themselves that finish last.

Here is a way to look at it. In love, nice guys finish first. Eventually, they find the nice girl. The ones that want the jerk are often jerkettes.

Leon
10-26-2005, 02:42 PM

.....and where might you be found? Hmmm?

amethystgirl
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
.....and where might you be found? Hmmm?

At work, home, visiting family, shopping. Where are you?????

Curt
10-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I did not mean to imply you are not..sorry if I offended you. :(

Curt
10-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Although I think your right..I have been told by too many women my problem is I am too nice of a guy and that I need to start blowing women off and they will come back. I used to be a pushover I must admit..but that all changed after the last one.

Leon
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
At work, home, visiting family, shopping. Where are you?????

I'm in all those places too....around Moore.....Now I guess we just need to get our timing down.

amethystgirl
10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I did not mean to imply you are not..sorry if I offended you. :(
No offense taken.