View Full Version : Mac OS X Leopard To Run On Intel

okcpulse
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
It seems as though the new Mac OS X: Leopard will be an operating system from hackers to get their hands on an run it on a PC. Leopard will be the operating system on Apple computers to run on the Intel chip. IBM's Power PC chip will be a thing of the past.

Steve Jobs has made it clear that their will be a file that Mac OS X must handshake with before booting up, and that file will be on Apple's Intel chips, to keep Mac OS X from being installed on a PC. Hackers out their are already anticipating the installation of Mac OS X on a PC regardless. I have an idea... Apple should release an OS called Mac OS for PC. It would be a whole new market for Apple that the company is missing out on.

Leopard's release coincides with the release of Windows Vista, due out October 2006. I personally will be their to grab a copy. Many have disregarded the release of Vista since many of its features are already available on Mac OS X, which I feel is an excellent operating system after being given a demo at the Apple Store in Penn Square Mall.

But I am still going to put my money on Windows Vista. Why? Because I have this sneeky suspicion that Microsoft has some features built into Vista that hasn't been seen on Beta 1. Moreover, since Vista was built from scratch (it has been confirmed), and since conference attendees last year were given Linux computers to play with, there is something there Microsoft did that they are keeping under a tight lid. We will see.

For those of you anxious to see what Mac OS X Leopard has to offer, Apple should be coming up with some previews upon the release of Vista Beta 2 in January. PC Magazine and PC World both will no doubt have feature articles the following month.