View Full Version : Membership Database Software

Bobby821
09-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know of a good membership database software that runs in the cloud preferably free of charge?

shawnw
09-21-2016, 08:35 PM
You can setup a free wordpress site at any number of hosts and there are several membership plugins available for free.

Bobby821
09-22-2016, 05:57 AM
You can setup a free wordpress site at any number of hosts and there are several membership plugins available for free.

I do not know how to use wordpress

bombermwc
09-22-2016, 07:07 AM
If you can code html, then you have a lot of options. All sorts of hosting sites like GoDaddy or Dot5 have a ton of features to offer along with their service. You have to pay for your domain name no matter what though. With dot5, it's all up to you to manage, but it's really not that bad. If you use GoDaddy, there are more features available to help you get things created and integrated as well.So it really depends on what you're after. If you're looking to host a database and then access control your pages, you can use Dreamweaver to code all of that for you and it integrates with the database connection you set up with those hosting providers. dot5 uses mysql and i think GoDaddy has a couple of options for databases.

jerrywall
09-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Wild Apricot is good. It's free up to 50 members. I believe http://www.memberplanet.com/ is free for up to 200 members. Any of the free solutions will have limitations (typically on emails and such). However, even the paid options are fairly cheap. For most small groups you're talking $5 or so a month.

shawnw
09-22-2016, 05:32 PM
I do not know how to use wordpress

Most hosts have a pretty straight forward "click-and-use" app deployment tool for wordpress. Pretty much anything you use there will be a learning curve.

baralheia
09-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Memberplanet now allows unlimited admins and members; the key differentiation between the service levels is communication options like how many e-mails you can send to members, how many survey responses you can see from your members, and the like; if you are using MP to accept payments or donations, the service levels also denote how much of a service charge you pay the site for using them to collect funds.