View Full Version : Incredible Pizza

Patrick
08-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Gattitown in Warr Acres will be closing on August 15th.

But Incredible Pizza will be returning November25th. They will be taking over the old Gattitown space plus the old Life Church space. Total square footage will be 115,000 sq feet. They'll be taking up all of the old Wal-Mart building. This place will be massive. They'll add a new indoor roller coaster and all new games and attractions.

By the way, this will be an actual corporate restaurant owned by the Barsness family and not a franchise like Gattitown or the former Incredible Pizza were.

http://warracresincrediblepizza.com

Plutonic Panda
08-12-2016, 01:04 PM
This will be really cool! I hope they make it. How was the business at Gattitown?

jbkrems
08-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Did Life Church close its NW Oklahoma City campus ???

Patrick
08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Did Life Church close its NW Oklahoma City campus ???

They're building a new building where Hemisphere's used to be....the same shopping center where Service Merchandise used to be.

Plutonic Panda
08-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Hemisphere's closed? The one by Quail Springs?

TheTravellers
08-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Hemisphere's closed? The one by Quail Springs?

The one by NW Expressway and MacArthur closed.

d-usa
08-12-2016, 01:22 PM
I think I read today that Peter Piper Pizza was looking at Oklahoma City, seems like they could be a good replacement.

Edit: or are they already here and I just didn't know about it?

Plutonic Panda
08-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I think I read today that Peter Piper Pizza was looking at Oklahoma City, seems like they could be a good replacement.

I just went to their website and saw they are coming soon to the MWC/Del City area and I created a thread about it. Although it's unclear as to where exactly they are going.

Roger S
08-12-2016, 01:36 PM

Two will be opening soon. One at Westgate Marketplace in OKC and at I-40 and 15th in Del City

soonermike81
08-12-2016, 07:23 PM
This will be really cool! I hope they make it. How was the business at Gattitown?

At one point, they were hosting ServSafe training classes at this location. So I can't imagine business was going that well.

Dustin
08-12-2016, 07:42 PM
So Incredible Pizza closed and Gattitown took over. Now Gattitown is closing and Incredible Pizza is coming back?

hoya
08-12-2016, 08:00 PM

Wait... Is it 1983 again and I didn't realize it?

kevinpate
08-12-2016, 08:35 PM
So Incredible Pizza closed and Gattitown took over. Now Gattitown is closing and Incredible Pizza is coming back?

Yep, and coming back larger with better corporate backing it seems.

Patrick
08-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Yeah, this will be a corporate store, not a franchise like before. And before it was only 69,000 square feet. This new restaurant will be 115,000 square feet

stile99
08-13-2016, 07:52 AM
Wait... Is it 1983 again and I didn't realize it?

Swear on a stack of bibles when I first saw the Peter Piper thread I checked to see if it was part of the Restaurant Nostalgia thread.

Now we just need Godfather's and (dare I say it?) Molly Murphy's back.

kevinpate
08-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Hey, Godfather's was pretty decent. Well, the stores I was with in Tulsa were. Never much cared for the Norman one and do not recall eating at the OKC ones.

JDSooners
08-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Swear on a stack of bibles when I first saw the Peter Piper thread I checked to see if it was part of the Restaurant Nostalgia thread.

Now we just need Godfather's and (dare I say it?) Molly Murphy's back.

Crystals, Showbiz, Malibu Grand Prix, Shotgun Sams if we're talking pizza or amusement parks.

Bill Robertson
08-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Hey, Godfather's was pretty decent. Well, the stores I was with in Tulsa were. Never much cared for the Norman one and do not recall eating at the OKC ones.We got pizza from the 112nd & Rockwell store. I still miss it.

Bill Robertson
08-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Crystals, Showbiz, Malibu Grand Prix, Shotgun Sams if we're talking pizza or amusement parks.I loved Shotgun Sams. A bit prejudice maybe because I lived about a block away. Lance Griffith who has a show in Branson played there in the late 70s. A little known country star named Vince Gill also played there while going to NW Classen with me. No I didn't really know him very well. I wish I did. Crystals was owned by Casa Bonita. I worked for Casa in high school and the two gave each others employees deals. I ate a lot of Crystals pizza and loved it. Funny but we always went to the south Crystals after getting off at Casa. The first time I went over 120mph was racing back to the north side on I44. Glad I lived through those days.

rte66man
08-14-2016, 08:13 PM
We got pizza from the 112nd & Rockwell store. I still miss it.

When we moved to Warr Acres 22 years ago, there was a godfather's in the space now occupied by Cajun King. It was never crowded, but I sure liked their pizza.

bradh
08-14-2016, 08:29 PM
The big open wheel go karts at Malibu Grand Prix were awesome (at least the ones in Houston, not sure if they had here)

Snowman
08-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Yep, and coming back larger with better corporate backing it seems.

Was it originally built/ran under a franchise agreement, it seems odd they would exit and reenter a market so soon?

MadMonk
08-16-2016, 07:39 AM
When we moved to Warr Acres 22 years ago, there was a godfather's in the space now occupied by Cajun King. It was never crowded, but I sure liked their pizza.
That was my old stomping grounds as a young teen. Loved the pizza and played the hell outta that Frogger game while listening to AC/DC on the jukebox. Good times. :D

Concerning Gattitown leaving - I'm not broken up over it. I only went there a couple times, but it seemed like everything had a sticky coating on it (chairs, tables, etc). Kinda grossed me out. Hope the Incredible Pizza reboot is better.

GaryOKC6
08-16-2016, 09:02 AM
Gattitown in Warr Acres will be closing on August 15th.

But Incredible Pizza will be returning November25th. They will be taking over the old Gattitown space plus the old Life Church space. Total square footage will be 115,000 sq feet. They'll be taking up all of the old Wal-Mart building. This place will be massive. They'll add a new indoor roller coaster and all new games and attractions.

By the way, this will be an actual corporate restaurant owned by the Barsness family and not a franchise like Gattitown or the former Incredible Pizza were.

http://warracresincrediblepizza.com
I met with the corporate guys from Incredible Pizza Springfield MO office in April. They told me that they are adding an indoor roller coaster among other things. The former life church space will give them room to add new attractions. They are planning a totally new make over.

kevinpate
08-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Was it originally built/ran under a franchise agreement, it seems odd they would exit and reenter a market so soon?

That's my understanding.

SoonerDave
08-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Hey, Godfather's was pretty decent. Well, the stores I was with in Tulsa were. Never much cared for the Norman one and do not recall eating at the OKC ones.

Godfather's rocked the house. It was awesome. There were multiple locations all over OKC in its heyday - I've never had an Italian Sausage pizza with quite the amazingly delicious flavor Godfather's offered. And I loved their consistency - we could go to the one down in Moore on 12th street or up on 59th and Penn or, rarely, 44th just off Western, and they were all remarkably consistent.

warreng88
08-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Incredible Pizza reclaims Warr Acres site

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record August 17, 2016

WARR ACRES – A new entertainment center is coming to the city, but many residents will be familiar with the concept.

Springfield, Missouri-based America’s Incredible Pizza Company is returning with an even bigger footprint than the last time it was in the metro, said Scott Axon, an advisory member and head of franchise development.

It will occupy the 68,000-square-foot Gatti Town building, which is now closed.

It’s been at least five years since America’s Incredible Pizza left Warr Acres. Axon said Gatti Town’s owner was previously an America’s Incredible Pizza franchisee.

When his Incredible Pizza agreement ended, he became a Gatti Town franchisee. He put the Gatti Town business up for sale this year, and America’s Incredible Pizza purchased the assets, Axons said. He could not disclose a purchase price. The new Incredible Pizza will be corporate-run.

“More of our stores are corporate stores now,” he said. “This will be much bigger and nicer.”

Incredible Pizza will take most of the 125,096-square-foot building. Life.Church is moving to a new 36,601-square-foot building on Northwest Expressway, where Hemispheres once stood. Rachel Leonard with Life.Church said the congregation plans to be in the building by December.

Axon said Incredible Pizza will leave some space in the building’s front that could be leased by another church.

“We’ve had some churches that we’ve had communication with,” Axon said. “If that doesn’t work out, we’ll take the whole building as an Incredible Pizza.”

The company is spending nearly $5 million to renovate the space. The entertainment center will have a roller coaster, go-karts, bowling, a bounce house, an expanded bumper car area, a Tilt-a-Whirl ride, laser tag, and video games.

On the restaurant side, Incredible Pizza has a pasta and pizza bar, with gluten-free and gourmet health options. Axon said the company brought in a four-star chef that helped create the healthier pizzas.

The entire venue is alcohol- and smoke-free. In the years that Incredible Pizza has been out of the metro, Dave & Buster’s and Main Event entertainment centers have moved into the area. HeyDay in Norman also offers laser tag, arcade games and bowling.

Axon said Incredible Pizza is more family-oriented.

“Our niche is very different than Main Event or Dave & Buster’s,” he said. “We’re focused on families with kids between 4 and 5 years old or 18 and 19 years old. Main Event and Dave & Busters are alcohol, sports-bar environments. We’re a whole-family concept.”

Greater Oklahoma City Chamber Retail Recruiter Tammy Fate agreed with Axon. She previously worked in Tulsa and visited the restaurant there. She also had Axon speak on an International Council of Shopping Centers panel about entertainment concepts.

She said the Northwest Expressway site is closer to families on the city’s west side than the other entertainment venues.

“It’s very kid-friendly,” she said. “It’s a great concept. I think it’s a different target audience (than Dave & Buster’s or Main Event). Dave & Buster’s is more adult-based. Main Event is a bridge between the adult crowd and a kid-friendly atmosphere. But America’s Incredible Pizza is a more kid-based environment.”

The Gatti Town building is owned by Praxis Development. Axon praised CEO Kory Warr for the newer frontage development, including Slim Chickens and Andy’s Frozen Custard. Warr said he’s out of frontage parcel spaces.

“I’m very glad about America’s Incredible Pizza being back in the building,” he said. “Incredible Pizza are great operators.”

Pete
09-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Took this last night from Andy's Frozen Custard.

Second photo is Lifechurch's new location in the Marketplace shopping center; at the far north end where Hemispheres used to be.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/incredible090516.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/lifechurch090516.jpg

rezman
09-05-2016, 08:58 AM

I used to eat at the one at 63rd & MacArthur in Warr Wcres quite a bit. It really was pretty good.

Plutonic Panda
11-13-2016, 02:08 AM
http://kfor.com/2016/11/12/new-incredible-pizza-opens-in-warr-acres-and-offers-much-more-than-pizza/