Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Laramie
08-11-2016, 08:45 PM

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/thunder.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Schedule/Results - 2016-17

ESPN NBA Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17 format:

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/okc/seasontype/2

Fox Sports NBA Oklahoma City Thunder 2016-17 format:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder-team-schedule?season=2016&month=-1&seasonType=1

Laramie
08-12-2016, 01:00 PM
National Basketball Association - National Television TV schedule:

ESPN - http://fansided.com/2016/08/11/nba-schedule-2016-espn-games/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

ABC - http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/08/2016-17-abc-espn-nba-schedule-games-ever/

TNT - http://fansided.com/2016/08/11/nba-schedule-2016-tnt-games/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

OKCretro
08-12-2016, 01:10 PM
glad we still got a christmas day home game

dankrutka
08-12-2016, 01:21 PM
The networks showed OKC a lot of respect with 21 televised games and Christmas/MLK day games.

Laramie
08-13-2016, 05:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwprPuvbsV4
We only need one hero . . .

Eddie1
08-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Awesome video.

Laramie
08-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Cameron Payne's status:

Payne is expected to be ready for the start of training camp. That's important, as he is also expected to have much more responsibility in his second season. Payne appeared in 57 games as a rookie, but had to compete with D.J. Augustin for minutes before the trade deadline and Randy Foye after it. Looking at Oklahoma City's roster, it appears that the plan is to make Payne the primary backup for Russell Westbrook next year, and he should have the opportunity to play some minutes alongside Westbrook, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/thunders-cameron-payne-has-foot-surgery-expected-to-be-ready-for-camp/

dankrutka
09-18-2016, 08:51 PM
This is a fun take on Thunder fans: https://twitter.com/scootermagruder/status/777552471954567168

dankrutka
10-05-2016, 03:45 PM
My two positive take-aways from the Thunder's first two preseason games are (1) that Domantas Sabonis starting at the 4 is our best option... hopefully. He's the only 4 option that could play at least decent defense AND potentially stretch the floor. He's a rookie so it's hard to know how much he'll struggle, but if he can play average defense and hit 35% from three then it makes the Thunder starting lineup a lot better. And (2), Alex Abrines looks ready to contribute this season. I expect him to gradually take any minutes Anthony Morrow might get as long as he can shoot around at least 37% from three. But he's got a lot more potential defensively than Morrow. There are several areas of concern with this team, but those new guys could be some real positives this season.

Bellaboo
10-06-2016, 07:13 AM
I believe were going to be a little better than I first thought. Sabonis and Abrines will be impact players before the end of the regular season. Sabonis looks like he's ready, was 2 of 2 from three yesterday and switches well on defense.

sooner88
10-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Looks like they found a decent replacement for KD to present Westbrook into the Oklahoma HOF.

http://newsok.com/michael-jordan-to-present-russell-westbrook-into-the-oklahoma-hall-of-fame/article/5521283

Anonymous.
10-06-2016, 12:05 PM
My two positive take-aways from the Thunder's first two preseason games are (1) that Domantas Sabonis starting at the 4 is our best option... hopefully. He's the only 4 option that could play at least decent defense AND potentially stretch the floor. He's a rookie so it's hard to know how much he'll struggle, but if he can play average defense and hit 35% from three then it makes the Thunder starting lineup a lot better. And (2), Alex Abrines looks ready to contribute this season. I expect him to gradually take any minutes Anthony Morrow might get as long as he can shoot around at least 37% from three. But he's got a lot more potential defensively than Morrow. There are several areas of concern with this team, but those new guys could be some real positives this season.

I agree. Seeing this young talent coming in is really cool. It is almost scary to think how good this team could be if KD had just stayed. But alas, that is gone forever. So looking ahead I see the biggest issue is definitely the OKC bench.

AP
10-19-2016, 10:34 AM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/19/russell-westbrook-thunder-nba-season-preview-kevin-durant

Bullbear
10-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Great article!

Anonymous.
10-19-2016, 12:17 PM
The quote about never leaving has absolutely nothing to do with OKC/Thunder, so that is super annoying that all the major media outlets are running with that quote in the article title.

Otherwise, it is crazy how not 'buddy-buddy' KD/Russ actually were. KD even saying they each had their own "guys". I am glad Adams was one of Russ's guys because that combo alone is something our franchise can really hang its hat on.

Bullbear
10-19-2016, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Anonymous.;971197]The quote about never leaving has absolutely nothing to do with OKC/Thunder, so that is super annoying that all the major media outlets are running with that quote in the article title.

QUOTE]

I agree with that.. and let's just not start that BS anyways

Teo9969
10-19-2016, 12:27 PM
I now see the folly in attacking the national media when they questioned the relationship between Russ and Kevin. The reality is that national media has a level of objectivity, and more importantly, a diverse history of stories covered that there's no doubt that many of them could see some of the same issues that they saw in other situations and come to the conclusion that it's not the rosy picture that the spin-machine on Broadway Extension is putting out, and surely not the responses from KD and Russ.

Urbanized
10-19-2016, 02:17 PM
The quote about never leaving has absolutely nothing to do with OKC/Thunder, so that is super annoying that all the major media outlets are running with that quote in the article title.

Otherwise, it is crazy how not 'buddy-buddy' KD/Russ actually were. KD even saying they each had their own "guys". I am glad Adams was one of Russ's guys because that combo alone is something our franchise can really hang its hat on.

Agree with most everything you would say, but I'm not sure that was a reference to teammates but rather social circles. If so, it is important to note that KD was being (once again, and unsurprisingly) disingenuous. KD always had "guys;" Russell has his parents and his wife (longtime girlfriend). He doesn't have an entourage and KD assuredly did - always in his ear - and that is one significant reason why one guy is here today and the other is not.

dankrutka
10-25-2016, 11:24 AM
NBA season starts tonight; Thunder open tomorrow. Get hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm94peaQaw&feature=youtu.be

gopokes88
10-25-2016, 12:24 PM
You can score cheap tickets to the home opener on Friday from all the secondary sources. $19 are the cheapest I saw on stubhub.

Thomas Vu
10-25-2016, 04:58 PM
I tried to go to the box office when tickets first opened. Warriors were sold out in february =(

Wishbone
10-26-2016, 03:49 AM
I enjoyed watching the Spurs dismantle the Warriors last night.

http://i.imgur.com/Ak3oSJn.jpg

adaniel
10-26-2016, 09:49 AM
^
LOL. Just going to leave this here.....

Bellaboo
10-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Warriors reserves outscored 54 - 16. gsw out rebounded by SAS 55 - 35.

Nice.

dankrutka
10-26-2016, 10:57 AM
NBA Twitter was pretty magical last night. Lots of this stuff making it's way around.

Laramie
10-26-2016, 11:46 AM
The Spurs have jumped out the gate with an impressive victory over the GSW.

Jonathan Simmons (D-Leaguer) was impressive with his defense and 20 point production with the reserves.

Hope our guys can step it up against Philadelphia tonight.

Thomas Vu
10-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Yeah, Kawhi and LMA probably have the box score filled. I was most impressed by Simmons

AP
10-26-2016, 03:48 PM
^I read an article on Simmons story today. Coming from a d-league team paid tryout to putting 20 points up against the warriors is incredible. Really pulling for that guy this year.

Teo9969
10-26-2016, 04:54 PM
^I read an article on Simmons story today. Coming from a d-league team paid tryout to putting 20 points up against the warriors is incredible. Really pulling for that guy this year against every team not named the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Fixed that for ya.

Anonymous.
10-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Good start to the season last night. Glad we got to have a solid showing on national television.

The KD/OKC memes got even better with that fan flipping off Russell

Thomas Vu
10-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Embiid was boss last night. I hope 76ers start to appreciate Hinkie a little more.

OKCRT
10-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Good start to the season last night. Glad we got to have a solid showing on national television.

The KD/OKC memes got even better with that fan flipping off Russell

Another great win tonight to go to 2-0 on the young season. But but,why is Singler playing all those minutes? He adds about 0. The other team doesn't have to guard him and he gets wide open 3s and clanks them off the rim. If this team doesn't find a couple shooters they prob. won't make the playoffs. Westbrook can't score 50 every night he has to have some help.

dcsooner
10-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Another great win tonight to go to 2-0 on the young season. But but,why is Singler playing all those minutes? He adds about 0. The other team doesn't have to guard him and he gets wide open 3s and clanks them off the rim. If this team doesn't find a couple shooters they prob. won't make the playoffs. Westbrook can't score 50 every night he has to have some help.

Agree, Russ for 50 is not a long term winning strategy

Laramie
10-28-2016, 10:13 PM

Oklahoma City Thunder 113 - Phoenix Suns 110

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899455

dankrutka
10-29-2016, 03:12 PM

Singler is a decent defender and one of the only players who has shown the ability to shoot the three (career 37%). He's been incredibly awful since coming to the Thunder, but OKC signed him to a long-term deal so they need to figure out if he can turn it around. If he plays to his ability he can help space the floor by hitting thress. Unfortunately, the Thunder don't have many other options for shooting.

dankrutka
10-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Agree, Russ for 50 is not a long term winning strategy

Agreed. The way Russ played against Philly is preferable to the way he played against the Suns. Even if it was fun.

Teo9969
10-29-2016, 03:38 PM
The reality is that Russ is going to have at least 10 games if not closer to 20 where he shoots the ball like crazy. That's just who Russ is.

We really really need Cam back.

Teo9969
10-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Also, after thinking about it, I wonder if it wasn't a bit planned for Russ to be the absolute focal point so as to deliver the "You don't have to worry...I'm just as entertaining as any other player in the league" message to the fan-base/NBA in general.

Bill Robertson
10-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Singler is a decent defender and one of the only players who has shown the ability to shoot the three (career 37%). He's been incredibly awful since coming to the Thunder, but OKC signed him to a long-term deal so they need to figure out if he can turn it around. If he plays to his ability he can help space the floor by hitting thress. Unfortunately, the Thunder don't have many other options for shooting.
True. He was a very good 3 point shooter at Duke and Detroit. He just hasn't found it here but if he does he'll be a valuable tool in this offense. And he is already a decent defender.

Laramie
10-31-2016, 08:30 AM
Oklahoma City Thunder 113 - Los Angeles Lakers 96

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899490

Early signs of the Thunder playing more as a team as they mess together. Westbrook continues to emphasize TEAM as he distributes the ball where he involves all players on the floor. New comers Ilyasova, Sabonis, Christon & Abrines seem to be getting comfortable with Donovan's offensive schemes.

Dre appears more involved in the offense.

Billy Donovan does have his work cut out for him.

Roger S
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
We get to see what they are made of with the next two games.... Would love to see them win at least one of these two upcoming road games against two playoff teams but would be happy with just a good showing against them.

Thomas Vu
10-31-2016, 06:03 PM
OKC vs the lakers was the most team oriented game I've seen this season. Small sample, I know. With how they played against the suns and 76ers I thought they'd struggle again.

Jake
10-31-2016, 06:33 PM
Two big contract extensions for Oladipo and Adams.

Laramie
10-31-2016, 09:11 PM
Two big contract extensions for Oladipo and Adams.

Report: Thunder extend Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams:http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/31/steven-adams-contract-extension-oklahoma-city-thunder

king183
10-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Report: Thunder extend Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams:http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/31/steven-adams-contract-extension-oklahoma-city-thunder

We can't get ANY good players to stay in OKC...

dcsooner
10-31-2016, 11:04 PM
We can't get ANY good players to stay in OKC...

Good Try but those players would be Restricted and OKC could match any offers. Not the same as being Unrestricted.

Bellaboo
11-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Good Try but those players would be Restricted and OKC could match any offers. Not the same as being Unrestricted.

Yes, but they both took less than max, which counts for something.

That tells me it matters to them where they are playing.

Laramie
11-01-2016, 07:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VC0KHj8Ggo

dcsooner
11-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Yes, but they both took less than max, which counts for something.

That tells me it matters to them where they are playing.

Totally Agree

Thomas Vu
11-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Traded Ersan for Jerami grant.

Urbanized
11-02-2016, 05:53 AM
^^^^^^^
Good player on a rookie deal. Frees up cap space.

Anonymous.
11-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Big test tonight and tomorrow, the goal is to try and stay competitive, our team is young and still learning. Honestly I don't care if we lose by 40 to GSW tomorrow, I just want Russ to dunk on KD with the force of a thousand suns.

dankrutka
11-02-2016, 09:11 AM
The Ilyasova for Grant deal will probably work out, but I really don't like the Thunder mortgaging all their future draft picks for marginal players like Grant (who is a restricted free agent this summer) and Lauvergne. Presti has been amazing in the draft and the Thunder are giving up the best contracts in the NBA when they're going to need cheap contracts. Also, what if Grant has a great season and some team makes him a big offer the Thunder don't match. We gave up one to two picks for one season of Grant. (His dad Harvey played for OU, BTW, and he played in high school with Oladipo).

In the short term, the Thunder are really going to struggle with spacing. WIthout Ilyasova stretching the floor, the lanes are really going to be bogged down for all the Thunder's slashers and big men. While the may pay off long term, I think this could hurt the Thunder until they make another move. The Thunder are not a sure thing for the playoffs and this move could even tip them the wrong way... Or not. ;)

Eddie1
11-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Big test tonight and tomorrow, the goal is to try and stay competitive, our team is young and still learning. Honestly I don't care if we lose by 40 to GSW tomorrow, I just want Russ to dunk on KD with the force of a thousand suns.

Love it!

Bellaboo
11-02-2016, 09:19 AM
I think they consider Grant the rim protector to replace Ibaka. Look for another trade coming up to replace Ilyasova as a wing spacing shooter.

sooner88
11-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I think they consider Grant the rim protector to replace Ibaka. Look for another trade coming up to replace Ilyasova as a wing spacing shooter.

That was my thought. It seems like we're clearing up space to make room for a bigger trade. With the Thunder being $7.1mm under the cap, if we package Andre/Kanter/Singler, we would have the ability to get a very solid wing player. We'll see what happens.

Anonymous.
11-02-2016, 09:41 AM
That was my thought. It seems like we're clearing up space to make room for a bigger trade. With the Thunder being $7.1mm under the cap, if we package Andre/Kanter/Singler, we would have the ability to get a very solid wing player. We'll see what happens.

What? I really doubt Presti is willing to ship off Kanter or Roberson. In fact, I think Roberson is ripe for an extension with OKC.

sooner88
11-02-2016, 10:13 AM
What? I really doubt Presti is willing to ship off Kanter or Roberson. In fact, I think Roberson is ripe for an extension with OKC.

They weren't able to agree on terms for an extension by the deadline. He'll be a Restricted Free Agent this summer, and I would be surprised if the Thunder would match his offers. I could be wrong, but I could see them trying to get some value for him throughout the season if the opportunity arises.

king183
11-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Edit: Haha...I see Sooner and I posted almost the exact same thing at almost the exact same time, though he beat me to it by a minute.

The time for extension passed on Monday. Roberson is not getting an extension. If we want to keep him, we will almost certainly have to match an opposing teams offer sheet after July 1. I speculate that he was asking for too much in the extension negotiations and Presti decided he would let the market determine his worth and match if it is reasonable. I think there's a strong chance he won't be with us next year or even the rest of this year as Presti seeks a trade for a shooter.

Bellaboo
11-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Robes wanted 15 mil. per year for 4 years contract. Thunder offered 11.7 mil per year for 3 year contract.

Defensive players do not get the money that offensive players do. It's best to see what the new cap brings and what he's worth on the open market.

The Thunder tried to sign him, just too much of a gap between parties.