View Full Version : Bricktown Ballpark plans winter games

PUGalicious
09-29-2005, 05:02 AM
From this morning's Oklahoman (http://newsok.com/article/1628887/?template=news/main):

The SBC Bricktown Ballpark will become a "Winter Wonderland" the day after Thanksgiving, Oklahoma RedHawks officials said Wednesday. The park will feature snow-tube slides and an artificial snow play area for children. Hot chocolate and other refreshments will be for sale.

Walker said admission to the park and the snow playground area will be free. A cost will be charged for riding the slides, but Walker said it has not been set. He said people will pay one price to ride the slides for sessions of 1½ hours.

The Winter Wonderland will be open from Nov. 25 to Jan. 1, 2006. The park will be open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 10 p.m. The park will be available for private sessions Monday and Tuesday.

karlanee
09-29-2005, 05:13 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun. It's nice to see OKC think about offering fun, low cost activities for the entire family to enjoy.

Santa's Helper
09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
From this morning's Oklahoman[/url]:

That is super news, especially for the kids. Bringing more activities into Bricktown for the FAMILIES to do is GREAT.

This Winter Wonderland event will compliment the other holiday events going on.
Braum's Ice rink
Devon World of Trees and Childrens Christmas Village
Kerr-McGee Holidays on the Canal
Free canal rides
AND
"Adventures In Santa Land" Christmas Ride (in 3D)
and more...

Santa's Helper

Karried
09-29-2005, 06:48 AM
I can't believe it's time to think Christmas again! That's okay, with the addition of all of these fun things, it makes it easier and appreciate and to enjoy this sometimes stressful time of year.

Patrick
09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
This is awesome. I only hope Downtown in December continues to grow every year. Last year we had the addition of the Oklahoma River boat parade. That was really neat and I hope it continues this year as well.

I'd like to see Braums expand their ice rink yet again. I noticed last year that it was filled to capacity much of the time.

mranderson
09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I like this idea. What a nice way to start or cap a day in Bricktown. Go to the Winter Games, then a Hornets game, ending with dinner.

floater
10-03-2005, 09:55 AM
It's good to see Bricktown working hard to provide people things to do! Lots of memories are being created with these Downtown in December activities.

ksearls
10-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to let you know that "Snow Tubing at the Brick" is a part of Downtown in December presented by the Downtown OKC Business Improvement District!

Let it snow! A blast of snowfall is in the forecast for Snow Tubing at the Brick. New to Downtown in December, Bob Howard Auto Group presents this towering adventure slide located at the SBC Bricktown Ballpark. If it's simply snow angels you want to make, no worries – fresh snow will be blowing for all ages to enjoy! Snow Tubing at the Brick is open from Nov. 25-Jan. 1 on most days, closed Nov. 28-29, Dec. 5-6 and 12-13. Hours are noon to 10 p.m. Admission is $8.50 for each one and a half-hour session. Group rates are available by calling (405) 218-1000. More info to come soon at downtownokc website.

floater
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Just wanted to let you know that "Snow Tubing at the Brick" is a part of Downtown in December presented by the Downtown OKC Business Improvement District!

Let it snow! A blast of snowfall is in the forecast for Snow Tubing at the Brick. New to Downtown in December, Bob Howard Auto Group presents this towering adventure slide located at the SBC Bricktown Ballpark. If it's simply snow angels you want to make, no worries – fresh snow will be blowing for all ages to enjoy! Snow Tubing at the Brick is open from Nov. 25-Jan. 1 on most days, closed Nov. 28-29, Dec. 5-6 and 12-13. Hours are noon to 10 p.m. Admission is $8.50 for each one and a half-hour session. Group rates are available by calling (405) 218-1000. More info to come soon at downtownokc website.

Thanks for the note, ksearls. Feel free to contribute whenever you feel like it. The snow activities will be a hit.