View Full Version : Any Russian restaraunts in OKC?

sacolton
08-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Authentic Russian dishes of Mother Russia?

Stuff like Borscht, Beef Stroganoff, Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage, Solyanka Soup, Golubtsy, Olivie, Blini, Potato Okroshka, Knish, Khinkali, Khachapuri, Zharkoye, Pelmeni, Shashlik and more.

Rover
08-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Nyet

no1cub17
08-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Authentic Russian dishes of Mother Russia?

Stuff like Borscht, Beef Stroganoff, Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage, Solyanka Soup, Golubtsy, Olivie, Blini, Potato Okroshka, Knish, Khinkali, Khachapuri, Zharkoye, Pelmeni, Shashlik and more.

How can you leave off chicken kiev! I guess that's Ukrainian.

FighttheGoodFight
08-03-2016, 02:23 PM
My wife's family is from Ukraine (western side) and we haven't found a place that serves the food. Heck you can't even find a good pierogi here.

sacolton
08-03-2016, 03:19 PM
FighttheGoodFight, what time does your wife's family serve dinner? How much for a table for two? :wink:

zookeeper
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
You either love it or hate it, but the closest place for what you're looking for is Russian Banya on Rosemeade Parkway in Dallas. Actually, I think it's Carrollton, but you know....

Oh, Taste of Europe in Arlington is a good restaurant, too. It's also a very good Russian grocery store.

Jeepnokc
08-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Tulsa has a Russian/European grocery store on South Memorial. We buy pelminis there.

HOT ROD
08-10-2016, 10:07 PM
sounds like there's pent up demand for a Russian restaurant/market in Oklahoma City. ....

the more flavors of the world in OKC - THE BETTER!!!!!

cheers!

Roger S
08-11-2016, 06:25 AM
sounds like there's pent up demand for a Russian restaurant/market in Oklahoma City. ....

the more flavors of the world in OKC - THE BETTER!!!!!

Agreed! I had a Russian restaurant on my list of places to try when I was in Vegas in April..... We ate a lot of great food while we were there but unfortunately we ran out of time before we made it to the Russian concept..... So I'm still waiting to try it.

Jeepnokc
08-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Agreed! I had a Russian restaurant on my list of places to try when I was in Vegas in April..... We ate a lot of great food while we were there but unfortunately we ran out of time before we made it to the Russian concept..... So I'm still waiting to try it.

If this is the place in Vegas, it is excellent. We ate there last time we were in Vegas.

http://www.cafemayakovsky.com/#about

hoya
08-11-2016, 07:59 AM
You can get vodka at a lot of places here.

HangryHippo
08-11-2016, 08:09 AM
You can get vodka at a lot of places here.

lulz.

Seattle had a really good Russian breakfast spot, but I can't remember the name...

Roger S
08-11-2016, 08:25 AM
If this is the place in Vegas, it is excellent. We ate there last time we were in Vegas.

http://www.cafemayakovsky.com/#about

Yep! That was the place on my list..... Will definitely hit it on my next trip there.

We tried a German place in a strip mall that had only been open a short time called Cafe Berlin...... They made everything in house and it was spectacular.... Best German meal I have ever eaten.

Jeepnokc
08-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Yep! That was the place on my list..... Will definitely hit it on my next trip there.

We tried a German place in a strip mall that had only been open a short time called Cafe Berlin...... They made everything in house and it was spectacular.... Best German meal I have ever eaten.

I'll be there in a couple of months so will try it. Thanks

Roger S
08-12-2016, 07:08 AM
I'll be there in a couple of months so will try it. Thanks

If you are a breakfast person I highly recommend Mr. Mamas and Jamm's Restaurant...... I had the corned beef hash at Jamm's. It was made in house and was awesome. And be sure to get one of their Pots of Bread..... And check their special bread too.... I had the cinnamon raisin, which was awesome, but missed the chance to of tried the special Pina Colada.

If you go to Mr Mamas be sure and try the biscuits and gravy.... They put maple syrup in the gravy and it sounds weird but tastes amazing! ..... I think they carmelized the biscuits on the flattop before serving them too.

Jamms was featured on an episode of Man vs Food and Mr. Mamas has won a lot of local awards.

Jeepnokc
08-12-2016, 03:52 PM
If you are a breakfast person I highly recommend Mr. Mamas and Jamm's Restaurant...... I had the corned beef hash at Jamm's. It was made in house and was awesome. And be sure to get one of their Pots of Bread..... And check their special bread too.... I had the cinnamon raisin, which was awesome, but missed the chance to of tried the special Pina Colada.

If you go to Mr Mamas be sure and try the biscuits and gravy.... They put maple syrup in the gravy and it sounds weird but tastes amazing! ..... I think they carmelized the biscuits on the flattop before serving them too.

Jamms was featured on an episode of Man vs Food and Mr. Mamas has won a lot of local awards.

Not only am I a breakfast guy but I am a huge corn beef hash fan.

Roger S
08-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Not only am I a breakfast guy but I am a huge corn beef hash fan.

Have you tried the corned beef hash at Joey's? My foodie friend recommended banana pancakes there but I saw they have house made corned beef hash on their menu. Haven't made it up there to try it yet.