View Full Version : Looking at building permits

ChrisHayes
07-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Can any member of the public look at building permits in Oklahoma City and/or around the metro? If so, can it be done online. Every once in a while I'll see a project being developed and I get curious as to what it is and would like to be able to find out.

Pete
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM
For commercial permits, the full permits are uploaded to the City site once they are issued.

Typically, an application is filed and they post only summary information. It often takes months -- and as much as a year -- for the permit to be issued and uploaded into the system.

baralheia
07-07-2016, 04:29 PM
You can look up permits through the City of Oklahoma City's Citizen Portal (https://access.okc.gov/aca/).

You can still view limited information about the permits while they are in review - you just can't see the scanned copy of their permit application and it's attachments until the permit is actually issued. This limited information is also available for residential permits as well, but I don't think they ever actually post the scanned permit applications for residential permits.

Tundra
07-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Here's is the most recent as of last Thursday.

Tundra
07-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Here's a ytd look at the residential construction.