View Full Version : Mutt's Hot Dogs and Hamburgers

bucktalk
07-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Wow! Looks like Mutt's is opening a new place at Edmond Road/Santa Fe. I suppose it's the same Mutt's from 23rd street?
Good dogs....a bit expensive but good.

jerrywall
07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Yup, same one. They're also opening a Midwest City location. YUM!

ctchandler
07-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Yup, same one. They're also opening a Midwest City location. YUM!

Jerrywall,
I'm happy they are coming to MWC, but I have to say, the last hot dog my late wife and I ate was from the one near 2nd and Bryant and the weiner was terrible. We enjoyed it a couple of times, but the meat was grainy and tasteless. I will hope for the best and wish them luck since I have move to MWC and would enjoy a good hot dog once in a while.
C. T.

Roger S
07-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Jerrywall,
I'm happy they are coming to MWC, but I have to say, the last hot dog my late wife and I ate was from the one near 2nd and Bryant and the weiner was terrible. We enjoyed it a couple of times, but the meat was grainy and tasteless. I will hope for the best and wish them luck since I have move to MWC and would enjoy a good hot dog once in a while.
C. T.

I know the place you are talking about and it wasn't a Mutt's... Mutt's only location until these two open has been on 23rd Street.

jerrywall
07-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Jerrywall,
C. T.

I'm familiar with the place you're talking about, and it's about as close to Mutt's as McDonald's is to S & B burgers.

Jersey Boss
07-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Partial to FREDDY'S as they serve Vienna Beef Dogs.

ctchandler
07-06-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm familiar with the place you're talking about, and it's about as close to Mutt's as McDonald's is to S & B burgers.

I guess I have them mixed up.

C. T.

ctchandler
07-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Partial to FREDDY'S as they serve Vienna Beef Dogs.

That's right, unfortunately, they don't have a place in the Mid-Del area.
C. T.

Jersey Boss
07-06-2016, 06:51 PM
That's right, unfortunately, they don't have a place in the Mid-Del area.
C. T.

Coming soon.
https://freddysusa.com/store/midwest-city-coming-soon/

ctchandler
07-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Coming soon.
https://freddysusa.com/store/midwest-city-coming-soon/

JB,
Vienna wieners are absolutely the best. I loved the place on N. W. 23rd, just East of Meridian that served various "dogs" and it was all Vienna. I'm looking forward to Freddy's. It is only about two miles from where I live.
C. T.

Roger S
07-06-2016, 09:34 PM
If you can get in. Restaurant Depot carries Vienna products. But you need a tax id number or be a KCBS member to get in.

Pete
07-07-2016, 08:39 AM
From their Twitter feed:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmxKhjOVIAEXVCb.jpg:large

ctchandler
07-07-2016, 09:47 AM
If you can get in. Restaurant Depot carries Vienna products. But you need a tax id number or be a KCBS member to get in.

OKBBQEA,
What do you mean "If you can get in."? If it's a lunch hour problem, I'm retired and don't eat at normal times anyway. Is there something else I should know? My son has a tax id number, but I would rather eat one that somebody else made/cooked.
C. T.

ctchandler
07-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I know the place you are talking about and it wasn't a Mutt's... Mutt's only location until these two open has been on 23rd Street.

OKBBQEA,
You are correct, it' Iggy's on 2nd, East of Bryant.
C. T.

ctchandler
07-07-2016, 09:57 AM
From their Twitter feed:

Pete,
Can you pull a few strings and get one in MWC? And hurry! I'm hungry. Ok, I suppose that's asking too much. I would think somewhere on Douglas would be great, but that's a little selfish, closer to Air Depot or even on Sooner near the Garage and Ted's Cafe Escondido would probably be more profitable.
C. T.

Ginkasa
07-07-2016, 10:03 AM
OKBBQEA,
What do you mean "If you can get in."? If it's a lunch hour problem, I'm retired and don't eat at normal times anyway. Is there something else I should know? My son has a tax id number, but I would rather eat one that somebody else made/cooked.
C. T.

It sounds like he's referring to a restaurant supplier rather than a restaurant, and you need to have some kind of credentials to enter and purchase from them.

Roger S
07-07-2016, 10:03 AM
OKBBQEA,
What do you mean "If you can get in."?

You either have to be a member, which requires having a Tax ID number, or a KCBS Member, which I am, to get a day pass.

Restaurant Depot isn't open to the general public like the US Foods Chef Store is.

marky_d
07-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Great news. I'm only a couple of blocks from this new location, so I'll be a regular. They had their food truck outside Tinker Federal a couple of weeks ago and the dog I got was great.

Dafonso7
07-31-2016, 07:31 AM
Yes, I heard that will coming soon new address at 7199 SE 29th St. Suite 209 Midwest City, OK 73130. Maybe you can see on website http://www.mutts-hot-dogs.com/

Thomas Vu
07-31-2016, 07:44 PM
I had their food truck the other day. Had the bavarian bratwurst which I'm certain wasn't a bratwurst (still good though), pitbull which was pretty good (jalapenos were fresh) but almost unwieldy, and the bbq bacon burger was really good (get more value getting the hot dogs though). Fries in general needed salt (tried chili cheese and queso)

corwin1968
08-01-2016, 08:42 AM
From their Twitter feed:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmxKhjOVIAEXVCb.jpg:large

We'll have to check this out. Rons has been going downhill for the past few years so it will be interesting to have a competitor across the street.

Thomas Vu
08-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Don't get the chili. At least the ones they put in their fries has no beans

Stew
08-01-2016, 05:41 PM

That's a good thing, no?

sooner88
08-01-2016, 07:32 PM
That's a good thing, no?

Plus for me. Real chili doesn't have beans in my book.

Thomas Vu
08-01-2016, 09:36 PM
That's a good thing, no?

If you like some sort of chili like sauce and ground beef, sure go for it. Didn't have enough flavor for me.

Zorba
08-01-2016, 09:59 PM
This is cool, one near home and one near work. I've never tried them before, but maybe I can go somewhere other than B-dubs and McAlister's for lunch.

Good! ;)

stile99
08-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Plus for me. Real chili doesn't have beans in my book.

Damn right!

Roger S
08-02-2016, 06:49 AM
If you like some sort of chili like sauce and ground beef, sure go for it. Didn't have enough flavor for me.

Haven't been since the ownership change but the chili when the Taco Twins owned it was a take on Cincinnati Style chili if I recall correctly.... Now the new owners may have changed that recipe.

bucktalk
06-19-2018, 07:53 PM
While I enjoy Mutt's on 23rd in OKC, the location in Edmond just wasn't very good from what I could tell. I ate there twice and determined not to return since both times were not good. I cannot imagine how much money they lost in the complete renovation on that location. Whew.....bet they lost well over 100k.

sacolton
08-23-2018, 08:11 AM
Closed and gone! Mutt's in Edmond is no more!

oklip955
08-27-2018, 05:00 AM
I drove by after church on Sunday. There looks to be a BBQ place going in there, I could not read the sign. There is also a food trailer with a smoker on it parked in front of the place. Didn't take long for someone else to lease the space.

Roger S
08-27-2018, 07:35 AM
I drove by after church on Sunday. There looks to be a BBQ place going in there, I could not read the sign. There is also a food trailer with a smoker on it parked in front of the place. Didn't take long for someone else to lease the space.

Wow... Edmond is becoming the BBQ capital of Central Oklahoma if so.... Klemm's, Texlahoma, & Deckle Smokehouse are three of the best in the metro area in my opinion.

marky_d
08-27-2018, 09:44 AM
It's Big O's BBQ. I've never tried them, but as I understand it they are/were a food truck operation.

Roger S
08-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Wondered if maybe it was Big O or Kinfolkz..... I've never caught Big O's trailer either but some of my KCBS friends that tried it weren't real impressed.... That doesn't mean they won't make a go of it... KCBS people can be pretty hard to please.

OkieHornet
08-27-2018, 12:37 PM
So within a mile and a half of each other on Edmond Road between Santa Fe and Fretz, you'll have Big O's - Steve's Rib - Billy Sims - Deckle. That's a log of BBQ.

Dob Hooligan
06-16-2019, 05:26 PM
nm