View Full Version : Pro Flat Track Racing Makes Return To Okc.

rezman
06-19-2016, 10:35 AM
After a 17 year absence, AMA Pro flat track motorcycle racing made it's return to Okc. The event was held last night at Remington Park before a packed crowd.

. My brother and I went and had a great time. It used to be tradition for us to go every year that they were here. Enjoy some good racing, have a few beers, and buy a T-shirt or two.

By the looks of things, the Remington Park management and race promoters were happy with the turn out. Okc used to be known as having one of the fastest tracks in the nation. I hope this marks the annual return of flat track racing, as well as other racing events to Oklahoma City.

http://amaproracing.com/flat-track/news/view/64197

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/01/article/oklahoma-city-mile-added-to-2016-ama-flat-track-schedule/

Bill Robertson
06-19-2016, 04:24 PM
I went also. I love racing of any kind but really favor anything on a dirt track. As I know I've said before I worked events at the Fairgrounds Speedway for quite a while. I miss it big time. It was great to see a motorized dirt track race in OKC again. I hope, and am pretty confident, that the AMA Grand National will be an annual stop here.

rezman
06-19-2016, 05:12 PM
^^^ I too worked racing events at the Fairgrounds Speedway, and other events in the buildings across the fairgrounds. I miss those racing events as well. It was also good to see some old faces that I haven't seen since the last races held at the Fairgrounds.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and judging by the public's response, I too am confident that they'll be back.

soonerstan56
06-19-2016, 06:45 PM
I attended this yesterday and had a great time. When we walked through the pits and whenever I spoke to the riders I would always thank them for coming and they seemed to really appreciate it and thank me for showing up. If the R.P. grounds guys can get the track sorted and improve the audio system I really think this could be one of the best miles in the country. The rest of the facilities are top notch!

Stan

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-20-2016, 08:34 PM
I really wanted to go to this. But the prices were WAY out of line. $35-$42 for the cheap stuff and that doesn't come with a pit pass? The next step up was $175. That's absurd.

rezman
06-21-2016, 01:07 PM
^^ It was comparable to a night out, ... nice dinner and a movie. For less than $100, I got to see some top notch racing action, had a couple beers and bought a cool T shirt. You'll spend more than that on a trip down to Ennis, Texas to see top fuel drag racing, which is awesome by the way, and I hope to do THAT again soon too.

Bill Robertson
06-21-2016, 01:24 PM
I agree. I got to see the best (and in my humble opinion most insane) flat track riders in the world complete. Something that's rare even if you have a good dirt track, which we don't anymore. Will I go again? Every freakin time they're here!

rezman
06-21-2016, 02:52 PM
^^^ I whole heartedly agree. Those guys are nuts. And a blast to watch. We did have one of the fastest tracks in the nation at the state fairgrounds... But don't get me started on that.

Here's a little clip that is on Brass Monkey Promotions site. This guys doesn't have the #1 plate for nothing.

I'm glad to see this back in Okc

http://youtu.be/g1LCOLaJ9ZE

Urbanized
06-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Flat track is insane.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-22-2016, 07:43 AM
^^ It was comparable to a night out, ... nice dinner and a movie. For less than $100, I got to see some top notch racing action, had a couple beers and bought a cool T shirt. You'll spend more than that on a trip down to Ennis, Texas to see top fuel drag racing, which is awesome by the way, and I hope to do THAT again soon too.

I can buy THREE DAYS at Circuit of the Americas for the Lone Star Lemans for $80 (I know this because I'm going lol). Three days General Admission for the F1 racing at COTA in October can be had for $150.

I love me some flat track racing and have shot it a couple of times (I do motorsports photography), but no pit pass or package deal or anything other than general admission? It was a bit too steep.

rezman
06-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Here's a link to videos from Reminton Park on fanschoice.tv.

http://www.fanschoice.tv/ama-pro