View Full Version : USMNT Thread

bradh
06-16-2016, 09:55 PM
Gutty win tonight to advance in Copa America. My few thoughts from this tourney so far:

- Look what a consistent backline does. It had been all the way back to pre-WC 2014 that Jurgen had played the same backline in two straight games. In my opinion, Brooks and Cameron should always be your starting CB's in an A squad match

- I take back everything I've said about Dempsey this year leading up to this tourney. He just shows up in major competitions. I shouldn't let a poor friendly showing change my mind

- Who doesn't have a yellow card? I think I even got one watching the game. We're severely depleted going into Tuesday's game vs. Argentina or Venezuela. Cameron to CDM and Besler back at CB makes sense, but who wants to mess with that CB chemistry?

- John Brooks is suddenly a top 3 player on this team.

elitespy
06-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow night. I have a few friends driving down to Houston for this game, it's gonna be huge. The odds are stacked against the US but we have a way of finding our way out of these types of situations. It's gonna be hard with Bobby Wood and Jermaine Jones being out due to their red cards. Brooks is gonna have to put in a hell of a defensive performance in this game with the best player in the world coming to play. I haven't been this excited for a USMNT game since the world cup two years ago.

Teo9969
06-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Sorry guys, it's my fault.