View Full Version : Chevy HHR

okiemom
09-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have one? I'm considering buying one as a second car and would appreciate any input on them.
They're just strange enough looking to be cute.

mranderson
09-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I saw a video on this thing when I was waiting for the finance guy to do his thing when I bought my new car.

Frankly, I think the HHR is ugly, and over priced. However, if it equpied right, the economy is good. In fact, had I wanted a manual transmission, my Cobalt would have equaled the HHR in gas milage.

MadMonk
09-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Looks like Chevy wants to compete with the PT Cruiser with this one. Meh, its okay, but not something I personally would consider buying.

okiemom
09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
The gas milage is decent on the HHR. In fact, it's a lot better than what I get on my Volvo. Good milage is a nice perk but milage isn't an issue. My main interests are safety, reliability and comfort.
The one I test drove a few days was fun to drive. Not a lot a lot of power but I didn't expect much power with it. The odd looks are what I like about it.

gemgirl
09-29-2005, 07:30 PM
My husband and I looked at the HHR on display at the fair last week, and oddly enough, the gas mileage was pretty close to what we get on our Focus. I like the look of the Ford Freestyle better, but they cost an arm and a leg! I might consider it.

Curt
09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
My husband and I looked at the HHR on display at the fair last week, and oddly enough, the gas mileage was pretty close to what we get on our Focus. I like the look of the Ford Freestyle better, but they cost an arm and a leg! I might consider it.
I just looked up both vehicles online to compare pricing.........no contest. With a starting price of $15,990.00 the HHR might not be a bad choice. I have worked extensively on the Freestyle in durability testing and although it is a very nice and well designed vehicle, the starting price of $25,000.00 is hard to swallow.