View Full Version : Water Bill Way Out Of Whack!!!!!!

Bill Robertson
05-30-2016, 03:35 PM
We have our OKC water bill automatically withdrawn. It's usually $70 to $85 or so. I have a limit set on our checking account to get an email when it gets below a certain limit. I got such an email Friday. Imagine my surprise when I I see that our water bill was $426. Holy $&@"!!!!!!!!!! I hope a call to billing will fix things. They charged me for 2 annual dry stall boat storage fees. I haven't had a boat for over a year and never had 2 at the same time.

bradh
05-30-2016, 04:24 PM
So what you're saying is, you didn't look at your bill, which usually comes a few weeks before said automatic withdrawal is made?

Still though, that's crappy.

Bill Robertson
05-31-2016, 06:52 AM
So what you're saying is, you didn't look at your bill, which usually comes a few weeks before said automatic withdrawal is made?

Still though, that's crappy.
True. I didn't. My bad. But it's never been wrong before so I'm not in the habit of looking at it. I'd like to say I will in the future but I try to be honest.

FighttheGoodFight
05-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Are OKC water bills usually that high?! I have never paid more than $45 bucks for our house in Norman.

Bellaboo
05-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Are OKC water bills usually that high?! I have never paid more than $45 bucks for our house in Norman.

He was charged boat storage fees erroneously.

Zuplar
05-31-2016, 11:23 AM
I've always thought OKC water/trash was pretty high. I don't have sewage, but I think the cheapest my bill has been is around $45, and at the time I found out that was the minimum you could be billed due to fees, and minimum amount of water they bill you. Because of this I have purposefully started using more water since they won't charge me for what I use. I know that sounds tacky, but if I'm paying for it I'll do extra watering or do more frequent laundry even if there isn't enough.