View Full Version : Norman 'Quiet Zones' For Train

RedSoxFan
05-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Anyone have any updates on the progress on installing quiet zones for the trains in Norman? I read an article that this was moving forward in 2016 and that substantial cost savings for making some of the crossings quiet-zone compliant meant that the Norman City Council was going to add quiet zones to train crossings further north (unclear which ones were added - hopefully Indian Hills!).

Thanks in advance for any information.

HangryHippo
05-23-2016, 03:38 PM
The intersection I'm most curious about is Lindsey and Classen. At one time, Norman leaders had talked about an underpass on Lindsey, but I haven't heard anything about it in years. Does anyone know about that?

kevinpate
05-24-2016, 08:34 PM
If memory serves, the notion of an underpass, or maybe it was an overpass, on Lindsey went the way of the dodo bird back when the city committed to the Robinson underpass. I might not be recalling correctly, but that's what I dredged up from my feeble mems.

zacelliott
06-03-2016, 07:05 PM
As far as I know, Cedar Lane is the only active quiet zone. Duffy Street is compatible with quiet zone, but I don't know if it's actually a quiet zone. I'd love to see a Lindsey underpass, but given the improvements on Lindsey street in the past few years, it'd be ripping up a lot of new concrete.