View Full Version : Garage Sale signs

pure
05-22-2016, 12:24 PM
I plan on having a garage sale in the next couple of weeks and I plan on getting the proper permit. According to the city website, you get one sign to place in front of your yard and all other signs that you buy to place at the end of the street is illegal.

I always see home-made signs at the entrances to neighborhoods and multiple in the actual neighborhood as well. Is this one of those things that is never enforced? If a police officer is having a bad day and decides to cite me, what do you think the fine would be?

http://www.normanok.gov/planning/garage-sales

Pete
05-23-2016, 11:06 AM
I would think that if you put them up early in the morning and then took them down later the same day, you would have no problems.

I did this in a pretty strict city in California and had no problems whatsoever.

FighttheGoodFight
05-23-2016, 01:33 PM
I asked a neighbor what they did during their garage sale last week.

They said they put up signs only during the time they were open then took it down immediately after. No issues.

rezman
05-23-2016, 03:45 PM
I don't know about how they do it in Norman, but I'm in OKC and I also put out as many signs as I need to guide folks in. I only do one day Saturday sales. I put all my signs out before the sun comes up on the sale day, and go around and pick them all up that afternoon when were done.