View Full Version : Tokyo Japanese Resturant

Winterhawk
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Best Sushi in OKC, best Japanese food period.

I lived in Misawa Japan for three years and searched high and low for authentic Japanese food.

I found it at Tokyo Japanese Resturant. Even the hospitality of the staff reminds me of Japan. I highly reccommend it.

7516 N. Western Ave

Closed Mondays

gbyte
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I thought Sushi Neko was pretty good also but not sure how "authentic" it may be.

Even though the name portrays sushi it has other Japanese dishes (otherwise I wouldn't be eating there! lol)

voyager2
10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Winterhawk I agree. I eat there quite a bit and it is by far the best in town, it is not trendy like the others.

Dave Cook
03-23-2006, 10:36 PM
I completely agree.

I spent eight years in Tokyo and was hoping to find some authentic eats and it is this place.

Went there recently, and with all the Japanese staff and customers, felt like I was back at some neighborhood izakaya.

In contrast, did try Sushi Neko and wasn't all that impressed. The place looks nice but the maguro tasted frozen. Also, I asked the waitress if they served shabu-shabu and she said she had never heard of it. Eh? A Japanese restaurant?

BFizzy
03-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Please let me know if there is in fact somewhere that does serve shabu-shabu in OKC. I will be there the very next meal.

Turanacus
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Tokyo is way better than Neko. Take it to the bank.

Dark Jedi
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I'd love to find a place that sells a good street-vendor style Yakisoba.... I miss that stuff a lot!

Dave Cook
08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Or how about the night vendors in the tiny pickups selling the sweet potatoes?

Ah...Nippon memories.