View Full Version : No more wiki? Good riddance!

stile99
05-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Just want to comment on the announcement, specifically the part about links not being formed when you type a word any more. Am I the only one that will not miss this is any way, shape, or form? The word 'vast', for example, is pretty common. Odds are very high, even in OKC, that someone using that word isn't referring to the restaurant. And yet if you referred to the vast number of people at the last state fair, you got a link to the restaurant. :rolleyes:

The last couple weeks have been no fun, and I can only imagine what they were like for Pete. And I would NEVER wish it. It does look though like we will emerge from it a better site. All clouds have a silver lining and whatnot.

Urbanized
05-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Site seems to respond much more quickly on iPad also, which is how I access it probably 80 or 90 percent of the time.

baralheia
05-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Only problem, really, is that now there's a ton of broken links around the site. Half of the forum categories give me a 404 error when I try to go to them; most notably the "General Real Estate Topics", "Businesses & Employers" categories as well as everything in Civic Matters. Is anyone else having problems getting to these pages?

Pete
05-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Clear your browser cache.

Unfortunately, when we ditched the wiki software all the threads in those forums were renamed. Painful and ugly but it was the best long-term plan.

baralheia
05-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Totally understandable. And now I feel like a derp for not clearing my cache first - I should know better. :P That did indeed clear up the category issues for me!

Thomas Vu
05-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Not all of it is clearing the cache.

okctalk.com/content/ used to work before maintenance and for whatever reason was my usual link.

Today I deleted it and got in the habit of typing in okctalk.com/content.php

Pete
05-16-2016, 04:56 PM
Right, as I said, lots of links changed names as a result of removing the wiki function.

Zorba
05-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Hey, Pete, it looks like there are only 3 pages on the Latest Post search, where it used to show 6. Could you increase it back to at least 5?

Pete
05-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Hey, Pete, it looks like there are only 3 pages on the Latest Post search, where it used to show 6. Could you increase it back to at least 5?

You Latest Posts queue will have to fill back up.

There hasn't been any change in the number of pages shown.

Zorba
05-17-2016, 10:12 PM
You Latest Posts queue will have to fill back up.

There hasn't been any change in the number of pages shown.

Okay, I thought that might be it, looks like I've got another page today. Thanks.

baralheia
05-18-2016, 09:16 AM
Firefox is reporting that OKCTalk is a reported attack site. Again. :(

Pete
05-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Yes, we're working on it.

AP
05-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Somebody really has it out for this site. Geez.