View Full Version : Just When I've Thought I've Seen Everything

Bill Robertson
04-23-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm 57 today. I would think I've seen a lot. Especially when it comes to odd things But today I decided to take the Miata out for a cruise around the lake to one of my watering holes. I stopped fot gas and there was a guy washing his car with the window washing scrubber and towels. There was a cute girl on the opposite side of my pump and we both had a good, but quiet, laugh.

Mel
04-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Happy Birthday old man. ;)

Bill Robertson
04-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Happy Birthday old man. ;)Thanks!

kevinpate
04-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Happy b-day.

Years ago my lovely and I were turning off the highway into a small se ok town to visit a nearby lake. A block or two off the highway we saw a chap painting his car ... with one of those big old floor push brooms. I made three passes before we were convinced we did not imagine it.

Don't think I'll ever pass through that town again and laugh about that day.

Mel
04-23-2016, 06:15 PM
I have the pic somewhere on my external hard drive, if I can find it I will post it. Sitting in my El Camino at the post office while momma is inside. No a/c so windows are wide open, engine off. A older Jeep pulls up beside me, has one of those little platform thingys for carrying a electric runabout. Instead, on the rack, is a dead raccoon more than a couple of days passed his use by date. The smell was epic. Rolled those windows FAST! Temp did not matter. The look on my Wife's face as she got close to the car was def a Kodak moment.

rezman
04-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Happy Birthday Sooner!.

I have a photo on my computer at work that I will try to post tomorrow, of a guy in the Lowes parking lot in Edmond, stuffing 10 ft joints of 3 or 4 inch PVC pipe in his 4 door car.... sideways, through the rear side windows. I didn't stick around to see how far he made it .

poe
04-24-2016, 08:23 AM
Years ago, I recall my family driving through Roland on the way home to Fort Smith. There was a bbq place near the state line/Arkansas River called Smockey Joe's. I'd put money on all these guys grabbing a bite to eat there.

hoya
04-24-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm 57 today. I would think I've seen a lot. Especially when it comes to odd things But today I decided to take the Miata out for a cruise around the lake to one of my watering holes. I stopped fot gas and there was a guy washing his car with the window washing scrubber and towels. There was a cute girl on the opposite side of my pump and we both had a good, but quiet, laugh.

I do that sometimes.

What?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-24-2016, 03:21 PM
I've seen this exact thing! It was 3 in the morning at Loves on Choctaw Rd. Dude wiping down the whole car.

Weirdos.

Somewhat related...From years ago...My first camera phone, first picture. The car was full, I mean FULL of garbage. Mostly fast food wrappers. And the wolf was bolted clean through the roof.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/imawingnut/wolf.jpg

rezman
04-25-2016, 05:30 AM
Here's that shot I took atLowes 2nd & Bryant that I was talking about.

kevinpate
04-25-2016, 09:24 PM
In related news, it may help reduce the panhandler population.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-26-2016, 08:54 AM
In related news, it may help reduce the panhandler population.

I think with some clever hooks, you can panhandle the panhandler's cups at speed.