View Full Version : Microsoft Windows Officially Broken

Doug Loudenback
09-27-2005, 07:14 AM
For those interested in such things, here is a great 3 page article in SmartOffice/News (Austrailian), http://www.smartofficenews.com.au/Computing/Platforms_And_Applications?article=/Computing/Platforms%20And%20Applications/News/E5T7U6H8&page=1 , called, "Microsoft Windows Officially Broken". It's a fascinating read.

okcpulse
09-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure whether to shout for joy over the fact that Microsoft started clean with Vista, or whether the OS is officially broken.

But after given a demonstration of an Apple iMac at the Apple Store, I left kicking myself in the a** wishing my original investments went into a Mac. Although my wife will soon be a proud owner of an iMac, I have too much of a vested interest in Windows with the PC I built, my Microsoft Certification next year, and substantial investment in Windows software to switch to Mac OS X and Apple hardware.

Knowing now that Apple computers are already 64-bit, Unix-based systems designed to support the video editing I need, I keep telling myself 'dangit!'

Doug Loudenback
09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I'd jump in a hearbeat to a Mac if the key software that I use would run under it ... mainly the Corel WordPerfect Office Suite, but there are others. Alas ... not yet. The Oo stuff is Ok, but (1) it mimics MS Word (which I don't like ... I like stream formatting, rather like HTML and/or XML code) and (2) it lacks the maturity that both the MS and WP programs have and the features that come with being around for a long time.

okcpulse
09-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Keep in mind, Doug, that Microsoft has Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. And not at a bad prive, either. Of course, MS Office for Mac does not have the features available for Windows, such as Access and Outlook. But unfortunately, no WordPerfect.