View Full Version : Golf clubs

AP
04-01-2016, 09:39 AM
What irons do you play and how do you like them? I'm in the market and wanting some reviews.

Richard at Remax
04-01-2016, 09:46 AM
I just got some new Ping G30s a few weeks ago. They are a little lighter than my Calloway X18's but I am finding the sweet spot to be bigger and have more control with them. Def worth checking out

Roger S
04-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Just got my set of Mizuno JPX850's a couple of weeks ago and so far I'm happy with them.

I would recommend going and getting fitted.... I hit about 10 different clubs and then we compared how I hit each one to make a more informed decision as to which clubs better suited my game..... Came down to a set of Pings that I got a little more backspin on or the Mizuno's that I was hitting about 5 yds longer.... I have a short game to begin with so I choose the extra yardage over the control.

AP
04-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Where did you go to get fitted?

Roger S
04-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Where did you go to get fitted?

Golfsmith...... They do a free fitting or an advanced fitting... The advanced is $49.99 but if you buy your clubs there they wave the fee.

bradh
04-01-2016, 02:15 PM
I am still rocking my 10 year old Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks. I like them because they are extremely forgiving and don't look like a shovel at address. I'm not quite to the point where I want some players irons, but all the damn GI irons are ugly (even the G30's...and even some of the I series now with Ping...no offense worthy cook, they're great clubs).

I'm in the market for a new driver though. I've got an old Nike SQ that I found a crack in the shaft near the hosel during a round Tuesday. I had tested out last summer a first gen Nike Covert and couldn't hit it straight to save my life, so I went back to the SQ. I'm now hitting a two year old TM Aeroburner 3 wood off the tee anywhere from 240 to 270, so I'm about to just say screw it and ditch the driver and add an extra wedge to the bag. Or...find a driver that doesn't have 15 freaking adjustment settings that I will no doubt F up and never be able to hit straight.