Patrick
09-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Glad to see Harkin's is already investing in the local community:

-----------
"Harkins to host party to raise money for The Children's Center
by Janice Francis-Smith
The Journal Record
9/9/2004

The night before the new Harkins Bricktown 16 Theatre opens to the public, the theater will host a Hollywood-style, red-carpet-and-paparazzi premiere party to benefit The Children's Center.
That private, nonprofit hospital, which cares for Oklahoma's most medically fragile children, is working to raise $4 million to construct a Pediatric Medical Rehabilitation Unit on its campus in Bethany. The new wing will be the only facility in the state to provide acute rehabilitation for children with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.

At the focus of the premiere will be the movie Black Cloud, a story of triumph and redemption about a Native American boxer. It was written and directed by Rick Schroder, who most recently starred in the television series NYPD Blue. The cast includes country music star Tim McGraw in his first movie role.

"To me, the film is a coming-of-age story," said Schroder. "I wanted to write a film that had a conventional story line that was accessible and that was mainstream, and at the same time culturally unique and interesting."

Schroder and a few members of the cast will attend the premiere in Bricktown on Thursday, Sept. 30. The evening will include cocktails and buffet, an opportunity to meet the stars, and a viewing of the movie. "Premiere attire" is recommended, and valet parking will be provided.

The Mattie, a glass-blown statue named in honor of The Children's Center founder Mattie Mallory, will be awarded to individuals who have greatly contributed to the mission of the center. The evening will also include an auction of five film-related items, including guest appearances in Rick Schroder's upcoming western film and the Mark Harmon television series Navy NCIS.

About 1,000 people are expected to attend the premiere, which will showcase the newest, largest movie screen in Oklahoma. For ticket information, contact Jill Wagar at The Children's Center at 789-6711."

BG918
09-12-2004, 04:04 PM
I can't wait for this theater, it should be the nicest in the state once it opens. I was looking around it when I was in Bricktown last week and noticed there will be a big plaza in front with lots of fountains.

Patrick
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Sure, it won't be as large as Tinsletown 20 or Quail Springs AMC 24, but I think Harkins will be a lot classier. And it will have the largest single theater in town. I can't wait until it opens!