View Full Version : Dan McGuiness Pub

MaryB
03-17-2016, 08:55 AM
I noticed that Dan McGuiness Pub is closed. Does anyone know what might be going in there?

jerrywall
03-17-2016, 09:29 AM
I noticed that Dan McGuiness Pub is closed. Does anyone know what might be going in there?

Closed at the end of February. I hate to speak ill of the dead, but it was no surprise. Strong opening, but service went downhill quick. The tables and the decor was in a serious state of disrepair, plans never came to fruition on stuff like bike night and the patio, pricing was inconsistent, and they couldn't maintain a decent website or online menu. It was dead most of the time, and the smoking hurt it, IMO.

Uptowner
03-17-2016, 11:26 AM
This is the pub that got blown away in the (______instert year of devastating Moore tornadoes and you should learn your lesson and stop rebuilding there) tornado right? I heard they relocated to edmond. It only survived in Moore because they sold alcohol and you could smoke inside.

Richard at Remax
03-17-2016, 12:15 PM
I thought they were on Memorial for a while?

jerrywall
03-17-2016, 12:24 PM
I thought they were on Memorial for a while?

Are you thinking of Dan Obrien's maybe?

Easy180
03-17-2016, 02:38 PM
This is the pub that got blown away in the (______instert year of devastating Moore tornadoes and you should learn your lesson and stop rebuilding there) tornado right? I heard they relocated to edmond. It only survived in Moore because they sold alcohol and you could smoke inside.

Reopened as Okie Tonk in Moore and has done very well. Got tired of paying out the azz for the McGuinness name I believe.

MaryB
05-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Looks like they are doing some renovation on the site. Any ideas?

Pete
05-19-2016, 07:57 AM
I can't find a building permit, so not sure what is going on.