View Full Version : Energy FC Matches to be televised on KSBI 52

Tydude
03-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Energy FC Games To Be Televised On KSBI - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports (http://www.news9.com/story/31435970/energy-fc-games-to-be-televised-on-ksbi)

[
OKLAHOMA CITY - Energy FC announced today a partnership with Griffin Communications to televise a minimum of 15 matches during the 2016 season on KSBI/Channel 52.
The partnership provides Energy FC the opportunity to televise all 15 home matches from historic Taft Stadium in the heart of Oklahoma City on KSBI. In addition, Energy FC and KSBI are working with their in-state rival, the Tulsa Roughnecks FC, to air the Black Gold Derby matches from ONEOK Field in Tulsa.

“When Tim (McLaughlin) and I discussed the opportunity to air our games on KSBI with Griffin Communications, we were ecstatic,” said Energy FC co-owner Bob Funk Jr. “Griffin is well respected in the state of Oklahoma and we’re proud to work with them to broadcast Energy Soccer to more fans across our city.”

“As Oklahoma’s only locally-owned television group, we are constantly on the lookout for quality, local programming that showcases our state,” said Griffin Communications Chairman & CEO David F. Griffin. “We are pleased to be able to broadcast the OKC Energy games on KSBI. The club has shown remarkable growth in their two short years playing in Oklahoma City and has proven that there is an appetite for professional soccer in Oklahoma.”

KSBI is owned by Griffin Communications L.L.C.. Griffin is an Oklahoma-owned, multimedia company, providing news and information content to Oklahomans across the state. Other holdings include KWTV/News 9 in Oklahoma City and KOTV/News On 6 and KQCW/The Tulsa CW in Tulsa. Griffin’s holdings also include News9.com, NewsOn6.com, Griffin Outdoor and the Radio Oklahoma Network, representing 40+ affiliates across Oklahoma.

Energy FC has partnered with VISTA Worldlink, a global leader in transmission services provisioning satellite capacity, mobile and fixed uplinks, fiber optics, streaming services and cutting edge creative products and services. VISTA Worldlink clients include Major League Soccer (MLS), ESPN, ABC and Univision.

Energy FC kicks off their season at home March 26 against the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC at 7 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 235-KICK or by visiting EnergyFC.com.

kwhey
03-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Nice!!

C. B.
03-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Seems like this could have been a comment in the Energy thread, but yeah, very cool news.

AP
03-14-2016, 09:00 AM
I think this is going to be higher quality than the YouTube broadcast. I'm pretty excited to see it.

bradh
03-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I think this is going to be higher quality than the YouTube broadcast. I'm pretty excited to see it.

wouldnt take much

Tydude
03-14-2016, 04:36 PM
its a different production company that is producing the stream for Both KSBI and Youtube this year..

Lord Helmet
03-16-2016, 09:39 AM

Hopefully the KSBI broadcast is used for the YouTube stream so those of us keeping tabs on the team outside of OKC aren't stuck with a crappy feed.

AP
03-16-2016, 09:49 AM
I believe the USL is using Vista WorldLink this year for production. I don't know much about them but the Energy says some of their customers are MLS, ESPN, and ABC. Not sure in what capacity.

Laramie
03-16-2016, 01:51 PM

Agree,

Anything will be a higher quality than the YouTube telecasts.

Can't help but recall the worst thing on television you will ever see. Channel 13 picture projections were so bad back in the 60s; it wasn't uncommon to see what looked like a hair or coiled thread-like fabric appear on the screen as someone attempted to blow the foreign particle from the camera lens. It was a mess.

Tydude
03-17-2016, 09:40 PM
Hopefully the KSBI broadcast is used for the YouTube stream so those of us keeping tabs on the team outside of OKC aren't stuck with a crappy feed.
they will likely use the same stream for both youtube and KSBI

kwhey
03-18-2016, 11:06 AM
they will likely use the same stream for both youtube and KSBI

Sacramento airs their home games on that market's CW affiliate. That is what they used for the YouTube feed last season. It was crystal clear.

elitespy
03-18-2016, 12:01 PM
I feel like Sacramento is giving a clinic on how to do everything right. From the ownership down to their game day productions. I was jealous of their professionalism last year, I mean they had a sideline reporter for their games.... in the USL, haha. Sac town definitely deserves an MLS team, don't remember if it's been confirmed or just rumored but hopefully they can get it.

AP
03-18-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure all of the USL team's production quality should increase as everyone is moving to Vista Worldlink. I could be wrong on that, though.