View Full Version : Mary Eddy's

Pete
03-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Will be the restaurant and bar in 21c Museum Hotel.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/maryeddy030816.jpg

http://m.newsok.com/article/5483523

http://www.maryeddysokc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/maryeddysokc/videos/230244967326850/

https://www.facebook.com/maryeddysokc/

sooner88
03-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Looks like an interesting concept, I wasn't sure what direction they would go with it... but I like that it seems more inviting.

(Think the title should be Mary Eddy's* not Marry)

David
03-08-2016, 11:47 AM
My god do I hate that website design. It's interesting in concept, but making the entire background of your site a video with no visible progress bar or helpful indication of caching progress is not a good plan.

Mike_M
03-08-2016, 11:50 AM
With there being nothing else to click on, I don't think it's the worst idea. Once they have content, I would hope they'll adjust the size. The issue is the video thumbnail they chose to be the face of the website.

David
03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
It works pretty terribly when the video won't load without stuttering even if you open the page and leave it alone for a few minutes. Watching in developer console, about 8 mb of the video loaded and then it sat and waited for me to start the video playing before pulling down any more, and even doing that I still hit a point where I had caching problems. Clever design, sure, but in actual usage it fell quite flat.

Urbanized
03-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Dave Cathey's details on Mr. Jones are a little bit incomplete; they make it sound as if he worked in the assembly plant until 1968 and then bought it, and subsequently also became a successful auto dealer. Instead, he worked there as a young man, and in 1923 started a dealership at Reno and Robinson, Fred Jones Ford, which at one point was the largest Ford Dealer west of the Mississippi. During WWII, since there were no new vehicles to sell, he started a re-manufacturing plant in the back of his service area and pioneered the concept of engine and transmission re-manufacturing, to keep cars humming along on the road during during the war effort. Eventually Fred Jones Companies were the largest parts re-manufacturer in the U.S. if not the world, and THAT is why he purchased the old Model T assembly plant where he had worked as a young man.

In the interim, he had a spat with Ford, sold Chevies for a while - his first sales manager, Bob McDonald, went on to own McDonald (later McDonald-Scott and even later Scott) Chevrolet - came back into the Ford fold and was a very close personal friend of Henry Ford himself. Served as chairman of Braniff Airlines, among other things, and is probably one of the half-dozen most important men in OKC history, though his name is not splashed around as much these days. His story was pretty fascinating.

I will also say that I think it is pretty cool that the restaurant is being named for Mrs. Jones. I've said before in threads related to 21c and to the Hall family that they very much (and justifiably) value their family legacy greatly, and this brand is a perfect example of this. Mrs Jones lived into the early 2000s, IIRC, and was herself a very involved philanthropist. When I worked for the Fred Jones Companies in the early-mid nineties, and I can tell you that the family absolutely orbited around her and she was held in high regard by everyone who ever had occasion to meet her.

SoonerFP
03-10-2016, 07:06 AM
It works pretty terribly when the video won't load without stuttering even if you open the page and leave it alone for a few minutes. Watching in developer console, about 8 mb of the video loaded and then it sat and waited for me to start the video playing before pulling down any more, and even doing that I still hit a point where I had caching problems. Clever design, sure, but in actual usage it fell quite flat.

Apparently they fixed the video issue. It played just fine for me, taking up the whole browser window under their logo and headings. Looks nice.

David
03-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Yeah, it's working better for me now, too.

Pete
09-01-2016, 04:43 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/maryeddytrain.jpg

Join us for the opening of the Train Shed, the outdoor bar and dining space right outside of Mary Eddy’s Kitchen x Lounge. Open seasonally on Sunday – Thursday from 4pm until midnight and Friday + Saturday 4pm – 1am, the Train Shed is the perfect place to grab a drink and relax with friends.

sooner88
09-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Has anyone been recently? I've yet to try it, I want to go in and at least get a drink and see the gallery, but the menu doesn't really excite me.

king183
09-02-2016, 08:47 AM
I went last Friday and thought it was fantastic. It's really something different for OKC. There weren't a lot of people there at the time, but t think they're going to be packed constantly as more people find out about it and the apartments are up. I'm planning to put in my regular rotation.

Pete
09-02-2016, 08:48 AM
I really like the bar area and you can order food there as well.

Great space and place to relax, have a cocktail or beer and then stroll through the gallery (which is free and always open).

Urbanized
09-02-2016, 09:38 AM
I've been to the bar quite a few times and loved it. Last time I was there was the first time I'd eaten there, and ate at the bar. Had the trout, and loved it.

sooner88
09-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Looks like I need to give it a try!

sooner88
10-22-2016, 01:39 PM
We went last night to get a drink at the bar and walk around the museum around 6:00. This was my first time, and even after seeing so many pictures, I was still blown away by how huge the whole place is. The bar has a great vibe and, I'm not sure if we really need to say this anymore, but it's another "I'm not in OKC anymore" feeling. They were having an event in the museum, so it was packed, but we were able to walk around and look at the art. Very cool to be able to walk around with a drink and look at everything, and I'm sure they rotate the exhibits fairly often. The restaurant itself wasn't busy yet, but we left around 7:00 so it was a little early still. Very cool overall, look forward to coming back.

OSUMom
10-22-2016, 02:35 PM
The penguins are mesmerizing. (The big group that turn around in different patterns, not the big purple ones. Those are just cool.)

Roger S
10-24-2016, 06:43 AM
They are now open for lunch.

mattjank
11-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Stopped by last night for dessert and drinks at the bar around 8:30. What a great setting, and fun for date night. Enjoyed both desserts we had, my cocktail and my wife loved the port/maderia flight. Walked around the art gallery afterward and had a really great time.
Must say that it was pretty dead for the hour we were there.

Pete
11-14-2016, 10:17 AM
It's been slow pretty much every time I've been by, which I think is to be expected given the location. I'm sure they'll get rolling before long.

Also, you can walk through the gallery with drinks, which is a lot of fun.

traxx
11-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I think once that area is built up it'll change. But based on where it is right now, it's not too surprising that it's slow.

sooner88
11-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Same with room bookings, they're taking a beating right now. They took a risk moving in early, in a few years it should pay off.

shawnw
11-15-2016, 09:00 AM
I wonder if they would have waited a bit if they had known there was another bust around the corner... if there hadn't been one maybe some other projects, above and beyond what we've been fortunate to have in the area, would be happening?

Pete
11-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Their M.O. is to go into abandoned buildings and emerging neighborhoods, so I suspect they are used to being pioneers then waiting for things to come up around them.

Things will change in the immediate area in pretty dramatic fashion in the next couple of years.

In the meantime, they are well capitalized by the Hall family.

Pete
10-27-2021, 04:14 PM
Press release:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/21c102721a.jpg

Mary Eddy’s at 21c Reopens a Fresh Take on Classic American Dining in the West Village
Reimagined restaurant captures the spirit of its namesake, Mary Eddy Jones, to create an inviting space for dining, drinking, and socializing.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (October 27, 2021) – Mary Eddy’s Dining Room at 21c Museum Hotel, which has been closed for renovation since July, will reopen for dinner service this Thursday, October 28 at 5:00 pm. Diners will find a completely reimagined restaurant inspired by its vibrant namesake, Mary Eddy Jones, and a new menu of elevated American classics by executive chef Jeff Patton. 21c partnered with Duro Hospitality, led by Oklahoma City natives Corbin and Ross See and Benji Homsey, to transform the space that formerly held Mary Eddy’s Kitchen X Lounge from a cavernous, industrial space into a warm, inviting place for dining, drinking, and socializing.

“The reimagined Mary Eddy's pays homage to an incredible force in our family, Mary Eddy Jones," said Hall Capital Chairman and CEO Fred J. Hall. “My grandmother's home was always a welcoming space filled with hospitality, comfort and delicious food, and that spirit is echoed in the new restaurant. We envision Mary Eddy’s as a meeting place, where people can go and experience unique elegance and comfort in the heart of downtown."

The design of the restaurant and lounge creates an immersive and nostalgic space that pays homage to the beaux art style of the building’s architect, Albert Kahn, and to the neoclassical home of Mary Eddy and Fred Jones, located just blocks away on 17th Street. Chandeliers throughout the lounge and dining room provide warm lighting, and large circular booths create a cocoon-like feeling while offering open views around the room. Shades of blue, green, and turquoise are highlighted in paint and textiles throughout, referencing her famous blue and green mosaic-tiled lily pond. The private dining room is a direct nod to Mary Eddy’s actual dining room with millwork and wallpaper in rich tones. The room can accommodate gatherings from two to 20 people and offers a special family-style menu. The space transports guests to a different era, while tracing the history of Jones family in OKC from Fred’s arrival in the early 1900s to the 1960s when the Jones family purchased the building.

“Our objective was to make a connection to the building and draw an obvious line to the restaurant’s namesake, Mary Eddy, and the Fred Jones family,” said Corbin See. “We really wanted to honor Mary Eddy’s talent for entertaining and hospitality. That meant creating an environment where you felt both at ease and special, but also a little bit at home. We take a residential approach to our hospitality design, so for that reason this was a perfect assignment for us. We set the stage with sexy lighting, soft furnishings, and luxe materials. There’s a definite mood. It’s a nod to the beaux arts architecture of the building, but also a contrast to its industrial use. It’s a restaurant for today’s audience, but we hope she and Fred would be proud.”

Patton’s menu is also inspired by Mary Eddy Jones, who loved to host her wide circle of friends in her home and surprise them with creative, beautifully plated dishes. He drew inspiration from the era in which Mary Eddy lived, building a menu of reimagined American classics like Steak Tartare. Patton’s version includes garlic aioli and house-made potato chips. Diners will also find classics including Shrimp Cocktail with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce with fresh horseradish and house-made hot sauce and French Onion Dip with hand cut potato chips. The rest of the menu offers plenty of variety with a small section of pastas, steaks, and a selection of sides like Smoked Mushrooms with celery root, sorrel, and pecan gremolata. Dishes built for sharing include the Whole Trout with roasted cauliflower, toasted almond, capers, and brown butter and a 12 oz Berkshire Pork Tomahawk.

“This new iteration of Mary Eddy’s celebrates the golden age of American dining,” said Patton. “I wanted to reintroduce classic dishes but add some elements of surprise and keep ingredients and flavors that speak to our region. There’s also an element of theater that speaks to a different era. For example, the saffron broth on the scallops dish is poured tableside and the presentation of the tomahawk steak is a showstopper.”

The new Mary Eddy’s experience also includes an extensive lounge area where guests can stop in to enjoy a drink or a full dinner. The beverage menu was conceptualized to harmonize with the food, from cocktails to wines. The cocktail list is anchored by a new take on the classic martini, with locally made gin and finished with a house-marinated olive. The wine list is filled with elegant wines that pair with the food rather than overwhelm it and made by a diverse group of winemakers.

“Our beverage team has put a lot of thought into all things drinkable,” said Kyle Kern, Food & Beverage Director at Mary Eddy’s Dining Room. “With wines that showcase grower-producers, imaginative cocktails that take on the classics with the perfect amount of whimsy, and beers all chosen from our local brewing neighbors, there is something for everyone to explore.”

Mary Eddy’s Dining Room will be open for dinner Wednesday – Thursday 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 5:00 – 11:00 pm. To join the conversation, connect at Facebook.com/MaryEddysOKC, and on Instagram @MaryEddysOKC. For more information, or for reservations and hours, visit www.MaryEddysOKC.com or call 405.982.6960.

21c OKC is celebrating the reopening of Mary Eddy’s with a special package that includes overnight accommodations, a $100 dining credit to Mary Eddy’s Dining Room, overnight valet, and a late check out of 1:00 p.m. To book, call the front desk at 405.982.6900 or book online.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/21c102721b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/21c102721c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/21c102721da.jpg

poe
10-27-2021, 06:06 PM
Looks incredibly stunning!

Brett
10-27-2021, 07:47 PM
Could someone please tell me where the "West Village" is located. Thanks!

Thomas Vu
10-27-2021, 08:31 PM
Could someone please tell me where the "West Village" is located. Thanks!

Sheridan from Blackwelder to EK gaylord more or less?

soonerguru
10-27-2021, 09:35 PM
Sheridan from Blackwelder to EK gaylord more or less?

No.

The West Village is between Classen Blvd. on the West, Shartel on the East, Main on the north, and Sheridan on the South.

soonerguru
10-27-2021, 09:38 PM
This is fantastic! So much warmer and more interesting than the bar, which I always found cold and off-putting.

PhiAlpha
10-28-2021, 12:00 AM
This is fantastic! So much warmer and more interesting than the bar, which I always found cold and off-putting.

Agree. Love this!

Brett
10-28-2021, 10:18 AM
No.

The West Village is between Classen Blvd. on the West, Shartel on the East, Main on the north, and Sheridan on the South.

Thank you for the location boundaries. I wish who ever co-opted the name "West Village" would have created a unique name with no reference to NYC or the "Village" suburb that is surrounded by OKC. Most confusing!

krisb
10-28-2021, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the location boundaries. I wish who ever co-opted the name "West Village" would have created a unique name with no reference to NYC or the "Village" suburb that is surrounded by OKC. Most confusing!

The word "village' is a pretty common term for describing/naming a neighborhood or district. We need more villages.

kukblue1
10-28-2021, 09:21 PM
What about the Clock?

king183
10-31-2021, 09:57 AM
I went to Mary Eddy’s last night with a couple friends and the redesign is absolutely top notch. The new cocktails are very good and the service was excellent. I highly recommend going to check it out. I would say it’s not for large groups of people (7+), though they have a large private room. It is set up to be much more intimate than it was before and makes for a nice change of pace from the super busy or crowded places like Jones Assembly. This is definitely going to be one of my regular spots.

By the way, when we went last night, it was busy but not overly so—I’d say 50% full—and one of the managers told me it was nice to get a bit of a breather after a whirlwind first two days open. He said that after OKCTalk posted the pictures and the story on social media, people flooded in there. Goes to show you how influential OKCTalk has become.

Pete
10-31-2021, 10:09 AM
By the way, when we went last night, it was busy but not overly so—I’d say 50% full—and one of the managers told me it was nice to get a bit of a breather after a whirlwind first two days open. He said that after OKCTalk posted the pictures and the story on social media, people flooded in there. Goes to show you how influential OKCTalk has become.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Our Instagram post on Mary Eddy's received over 4,300 likes and 40,000 engagements. For the year, we are averaging over 2,400 (!) likes per post.

The script has completely flipped in the last few years. It used to be that the Oklahoman would steal our work and it would upset me to no end. Now, we can post the same information at the same time (like OKANA) and our digital traffic is exponentially larger. They really aren't competition any longer and even those who defend them completely recognize their unethical tactics, and that is coming home to roost especially since most of their content is no longer local.

OKCT is huge on Facebook as well (and Twitter to a lesser extent) and I now get daily messages asking that we promote something.

Just remembered a funny story... When Mary Eddy's and the bar were under construction in the 21c, I was able to get a couple of interior photos through the papered windows. They sent me a not very happy message demanding that I take them down. Now, look at how things have changed.

I've talked to local social media managers and people in PR, and it's unquestionable that OKCTalk has way, way more engagement than ANY social media account in OKC. There are some that have more followers (like the TV stations) but our engagement numbers are many multiples higher. And, I track the trends of all the most popular social media accounts in OKC and we are growing at least 10x as fast as any of them. We now have over 130,000 social media followers and have added more than 30K this year alone, and that number is increasing at an increasing rate.

But, as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. I refuse to promote dodgy things like Relax Park or Farmers Bank or TEEMCO when the Oklahoman is serving as a shill with full-page, PR-driven 'stories' they don't even bother to fact check. And of course, we do a good job of independent research that uncovers such scams.

It's really rewarding after spending a decade pouring my heart and soul (and money) into this work. But even more important, it's awesome to be able to educate people on all the great things happening here and all the many more yet to come.

TheTravellers
11-03-2021, 02:20 PM
Thanks for mentioning this.

Our Instagram post on Mary Eddy's received over 4,300 likes and 40,000 engagements. For the year, we are averaging over 2,400 (!) likes per post.

The script has completely flipped in the last few years. It used to be that the Oklahoman would steal our work and it would upset me to no end. Now, we can post the same information at the same time (like OKANA) and our digital traffic is exponentially larger. They really aren't competition any longer and even those who defend them completely recognize their unethical tactics, and that is coming home to roost especially since most of their content is no longer local.

OKCT is huge on Facebook as well (and Twitter to a lesser extent) and I now get daily messages asking that we promote something.

Just remembered a funny story... When Mary Eddy's and the bar were under construction in the 21c, I was able to get a couple of interior photos through the papered windows. They sent me a not very happy message demanding that I take them down. Now, look at how things have changed.

I've talked to local social media managers and people in PR, and it's unquestionable that OKCTalk has way, way more engagement than ANY social media account in OKC. There are some that have more followers (like the TV stations) but our engagement numbers are many multiples higher. And, I track the trends of all the most popular social media accounts in OKC and we are growing at least 10x as fast as any of them. We now have over 130,000 social media followers and have added more than 30K this year alone, and that number is increasing at an increasing rate.

But, as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. I refuse to promote dodgy things like Relax Park or Farmers Bank or TEEMCO when the Oklahoman is serving as a shill with full-page, PR-driven 'stories' they don't even bother to fact check. And of course, we do a good job of independent research that uncovers such scams.

It's really rewarding after spending a decade pouring my heart and soul (and money) into this work. But even more important, it's awesome to be able to educate people on all the great things happening here and all the many more yet to come.

Have to thank you again for all the work you've done for this site and OKC. This site is, hands down, the best informational site about OKC out there, and probably one of the best repositories of this type of information about any city in the US (city-data.com may be the best source for statistics for cities, but OKCTalk bests them for actual info about what's going on in a city).

Plutonic Panda
11-03-2021, 03:25 PM
It really can't be understated just how much of an asset OKCTalk is and how incredible Pete is. OKC is very fortunate to have someone like Pete who selflessly donates their time to making information like this known.

barrettd
11-04-2021, 08:02 AM
It really can't be understated just how much of an asset OKCTalk is and how incredible Pete is. OKC is very fortunate to have someone like Pete who selflessly donates their time to making information like this known.

Strongly agree with all the above posts regarding the site and Pete, at the risk of steering the thread away from its topic. I think the pics of the restaurant look incredible, and I have yet to visit.

soonerguru
12-08-2021, 02:09 AM
My wife and I gave Mary Eddy's a try Friday night.

What a smashing interior, maybe the coolest and most glamorous in OKC right now. This place is a must visit, either for a full dinner or a couple of drinks and small or shared plates.

The food and service were both very good, but the real star is just the space itself. It is a-ma-zing!

The restaurant was packed (even the bar seats) and despite our lack of reservations, we were immediately seated and then quickly greeted by our server.

I don't really remember the old Mary Eddy's menu, so I'm not sure what has changed, but for a starter, we had the excellent French onion dip with house made potato chips that I remember from past visits. Very good. Honestly there are few restaurants in which I enjoy house made potato chips. Mary Eddy's' are among the best I've tried: crispy, slightly salty, and not noticeably greasy. The chips are substantial enough to gather generous scoops of the dip itself, which features caramelized onions and also would make the perfect bar snack.

We moved on to salads. My wife had the wedge, which is dressed with a somewhat elevated ranch (with bleu cheese I think?), and I had the house green salad. The wedge was good as expected. As for the house green salad, I wasn't super pumped about the vinaigrette; it's probably just a matter of preference but it leans a bit on the sweet side for my tastes.

For mains, my wife had the scallops and I gave the crispy chicken breast a shot. Both were well executed dishes. Minor complaint: the potato puree, which forms the foundation for the chicken, could be more flavorful. This is the only item needing a punch or two in the flavor department, and ultimately the potatoes are rescued by a mushroom romanesco broth for dunking. The chicken itself is pretty spectacular with a super crunchy breading that would be hard to replicate at home. We should know because we have labored earnestly throughout the Pandemic to make a great breading for things like chicken cutlets and fish and chips.

The scallops are accompanied with an unctuous saffron cream sauce, but as my wife pointed out, the sauce is almost unnecessary because the natural flavor of the scallops itself is so good. Still, who in their right mind is going to complain about a silky saffron cream sauce for added flavor?

The drink menu is very cocktail focused and if I had any suggestion, it would be to add more wines by the glass. The menu is rather sparse for reds by the glass right now, but the two we tried paired nicely with the food.

We finished up with the apple crisp, which is predictably excellent and served warm with local ice cream (and expertly packed to go because we were totally stuffed).

Our server was delightful, as were the hostesses. Service was professional and conscientious while remaining relaxed and friendly. A rotation of two people ensured we were left wanting nothing. And despite the super cosmopolitan feel of the restaurant, there wasn't an ounce of pretension from the staff, who were warm and welcoming.

The real showstopper is the space itself. It's something to behold after dark because the dim and moody lighting is sensual and warm, and the design of the room lends itself better to the namesake of the restaurant than its previous incarnation, striking a distinctly non-minimal ambiance. Oversized chandeliers and dark green wallpaper with bright floral prints contrast the bright and gorgeous emerald seating, giving the room the feel of a gaudy Victorian parlor shaking hands with a bohemian Parisian salon. And somehow this sensory overload works amid all of the concrete in the building and the postmodern, minimalist design throughout the 21C lobby. It's beautiful and super sexy and warm, something neither the previous bar nor the former restaurant exuded.

Mary Eddy's is an ideal place to take a date, host a newcomer, or welcome anyone visiting OKC. It's worth the splurge and dramatic after dark!

Mballard85
12-08-2021, 07:23 AM
Now that is a review, awesome right up. Cant wait to give it a shot, it's certainly more difficult to get a table than it was before the remodel.

PhiAlpha
12-08-2021, 06:17 PM
My wife and I gave Mary Eddy's a try Friday night.

What a smashing interior, maybe the coolest and most glamorous in OKC right now. This place is a must visit, either for a full dinner or a couple of drinks and small or shared plates.

The food and service were both very good, but the real star is just the space itself. It is a-ma-zing!

The restaurant was packed (even the bar seats) and despite our lack of reservations, we were immediately seated and then quickly greeted by our server.

I don't really remember the old Mary Eddy's menu, so I'm not sure what has changed, but for a starter, we had the excellent French onion dip with house made potato chips that I remember from past visits. Very good. Honestly there are few restaurants in which I enjoy house made potato chips. Mary Eddy's' are among the best I've tried: crispy, slightly salty, and not noticeably greasy. The chips are substantial enough to gather generous scoops of the dip itself, which features caramelized onions and also would make the perfect bar snack.

We moved on to salads. My wife had the wedge, which is dressed with a somewhat elevated ranch (with bleu cheese I think?), and I had the house green salad. The wedge was good as expected. As for the house green salad, I wasn't super pumped about the vinaigrette; it's probably just a matter of preference but it leans a bit on the sweet side for my tastes.

For mains, my wife had the scallops and I gave the crispy chicken breast a shot. Both were well executed dishes. Minor complaint: the potato puree, which forms the foundation for the chicken, could be more flavorful. This is the only item needing a punch or two in the flavor department, and ultimately the potatoes are rescued by a mushroom romanesco broth for dunking. The chicken itself is pretty spectacular with a super crunchy breading that would be hard to replicate at home. We should know because we have labored earnestly throughout the Pandemic to make a great breading for things like chicken cutlets and fish and chips.

The scallops are accompanied with an unctuous saffron cream sauce, but as my wife pointed out, the sauce is almost unnecessary because the natural flavor of the scallops itself is so good. Still, who in their right mind is going to complain about a silky saffron cream sauce for added flavor?

The drink menu is very cocktail focused and if I had any suggestion, it would be to add more wines by the glass. The menu is rather sparse for reds by the glass right now, but the two we tried paired nicely with the food.

We finished up with the apple crisp, which is predictably excellent and served warm with local ice cream (and expertly packed to go because we were totally stuffed).

Our server was delightful, as were the hostesses. Service was professional and conscientious while remaining relaxed and friendly. A rotation of two people ensured we were left wanting nothing. And despite the super cosmopolitan feel of the restaurant, there wasn't an ounce of pretension from the staff, who were warm and welcoming.

The real showstopper is the space itself. It's something to behold after dark because the dim and moody lighting is sensual and warm, and the design of the room lends itself better to the namesake of the restaurant than its previous incarnation, striking a distinctly non-minimal ambiance. Oversized chandeliers and dark green wallpaper with bright floral prints contrast the bright and gorgeous emerald seating, giving the room the feel of a gaudy Victorian parlor shaking hands with a bohemian Parisian salon. And somehow this sensory overload works amid all of the concrete in the building and the postmodern, minimalist design throughout the 21C lobby. It's beautiful and super sexy and warm, something neither the previous bar nor the former restaurant exuded.

Mary Eddy's is an ideal place to take a date, host a newcomer, or welcome anyone visiting OKC. It's worth the splurge and dramatic after dark!

Great write up! I’ve be thinking about taking a date there. Thanks!

Thomas Vu
12-08-2021, 10:03 PM
Has anybody been to both here and city and state? I'm interested in an interior comparison.