View Full Version : Better Call Saul

RadicalModerate
03-03-2016, 06:26 AM
Although I rate "Breaking Bad" as one of the top five shows ever broadcast on television, until last week I hadn't watched a single episode of "Better Call Saul." I saw an ad for Season Two and it reminded me of that fact. I just got finished semi-binge watching Season One on Netflix. It was the best ten hours of television viewing I've invested in a long time.

FighttheGoodFight
03-03-2016, 07:05 AM
I also just binged on it. Honestly I found it really good. I was very surprised. I thought it would be more comedy for some reason but it is a good mix.

turnpup
03-03-2016, 08:08 AM
We absolutely love it!!!

OKCRT
03-03-2016, 08:10 AM
We absolutely love it!!!

Must see TV on Monday Nights

Filthy
03-03-2016, 09:09 AM
The first few episodes of Season 1, were just a touch slow for my liking...but so was Breaking Bad. But we continued to watch it last year, and by seasons end....it was great. I feel as if Season 2, started out great as well.

Zuplar
03-03-2016, 10:14 AM
I've learned you got to just trust what Vince Gilligan does.

Ozmondo
03-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm about to start watching this on Netflix so no spoilers.

CCOKC
03-03-2016, 04:41 PM
This is also one of my favorite shows. I started watching it from the beginning just because I loved Breaking Bad so much and watched all of those episodes in about a week. Didn't want to do that again with another series. Jonathan Banks is turning into one of my favorite actors of all time. His expression in the last scene this week was classic. Amazing what emotions a good actor can convey with just a simple gesture. I hope that wasn't too much of a spoiler Ozmondo.

Roger S
03-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Jonathan Banks is turning into one of my favorite actors of all time. His expression in the last scene this week was classic. Amazing what emotions a good actor can convey with just a simple gesture. I hope that wasn't too much of a spoiler Ozmondo.

Really enjoy Bank's character in this series and Breaking Bad...... I was laying in bed the other night watching Buckaroo Bonzai and I can't remember whether it was the Lectoid played by Christopher Lloyd or John Lithgow but one of them walks into a room and kills a hospital guard.... When I heard the voice of the guard I asked myself "Was that Jonathan Banks?" and sure enough. Next day I look it up and Banks was credited as Lizardo Hospital Guard.... Looked totally different with a head full of hair and 32 years younger but you can't miss that gravelly voice.

Ozmondo
03-04-2016, 07:41 AM
This is also one of my favorite shows. I started watching it from the beginning just because I loved Breaking Bad so much and watched all of those episodes in about a week. Didn't want to do that again with another series. Jonathan Banks is turning into one of my favorite actors of all time. His expression in the last scene this week was classic. Amazing what emotions a good actor can convey with just a simple gesture. I hope that wasn't too much of a spoiler Ozmondo.

Not at all... Just makes me want to watch it faster.

White Peacock
03-07-2016, 08:06 AM
I thought there was no way any television could be as good as Breaking Bad; I was wrong. Better Call Saul is every bit as good as BrBa. I thought it was going to be a massive flop when I heard they were making a spinoff, but was glad to be proven wrong.

OKCisOK4me
03-08-2016, 03:45 AM
Jonathan Banks as the goon in the first Beverly Hills Cop...great bad guy!

rezman
03-08-2016, 05:37 AM
We dumped Uverse around the time started airing. I remember seeing the trailers for the show, but never watched it. We have Nexflix, so we started watching Better Call Saul on Sunday, and watched some more last night and stopped after #9 "Pimento". Pretty interesting. Every episode ended with me wanting to see the next.

pure
03-08-2016, 07:02 AM
This commercial from a local lawyer runs during the Monday night broadcast for those that don't watch on Cox.

turnpup
03-08-2016, 07:14 AM
^^^^^

Funny!

There's a billboard for a local male attorney named Sloan. It says "Better Phone Sloan".

RadicalModerate
03-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Reading through these posts, I've been asking myself what it was about Season One that most impressed me or why I found the series so fascinating. I think it is because it provides the backstory to two of my favorite characters on Breaking Bad: The Lawyer and The Henchman. Having said that, I would submit that even if a person hadn't watched a single episode of "Breaking Bad", "Better Call Saul" would stand on its own in terms of excellence. I put the program right up there with The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Carnivale.

Is there a way to catch up on viewing Season Two? Since I didn't realize what a good show this is, I never tuned-in . . .

White Peacock
03-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Is there a way to catch up on viewing Season Two? Since I didn't realize what a good show this is, I never tuned-in . . .

I don't have cable/satellite, so I just buy the episodes on Amazon.

sooner88
03-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Reading through these posts, I've been asking myself what it was about Season One that most impressed me or why I found the series so fascinating. I think it is because it provides the backstory to two of my favorite characters on Breaking Bad: The Lawyer and The Henchman. Having said that, I would submit that even if a person hadn't watched a single episode of "Breaking Bad", "Better Call Saul" would stand on its own in terms of excellence. I put the program right up there with The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Carnivale.

You can stream them on amc.com if you have a cable login.

rezman
03-09-2016, 03:19 PM

Same here. I never saw any of the Breaking Bad series, and while the ads for BCS caught my attention, I never watched it before we canceled our Uverse account.

It is a very good show and left me wanting to see more after I watched the final "Marco" episode of season one last night. It is well writen but has a simplicity to it at the same time. And for a modern show, does'nt rely on profanity, sex and explosions to try and keep the viewer interested.

OklahomaNick
03-10-2016, 09:37 AM
I share a lot of the same excitement and love for Better Call Saul that many others on this thread is sharing.
I was a HUGE Breaking Bad fan. BEST show that TV ever made.
But I really managed my expectations for Better Call Saul, because I thought it would likely be a let down.
This weeks episode with Mike and Tuco was the pinnacle! The show is really hitting it's stride as one of the best shows on TV.
My wife likes the show and she didn't watch Breaking Bad. She loves Slippin' Jimmy!

Like someone else said. Trust Vince Gilligan. He is a master of weaving story lines together while incorporating humorous & smart dialogue!

Midtowner
03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
I watched season 1... binged it.

Those early episodes are a very accurate of the state of the legal profession for many solo attorneys. I'm lucky enough to not have to survive on Oklahoma Indigent Defense contracts, but that's how many lawyers function.

OKCRT
03-10-2016, 05:15 PM
I watched season 1... binged it.

Those early episodes are a very accurate of the state of the legal profession for many solo attorneys. I'm lucky enough to not have to survive on Oklahoma Indigent Defense contracts, but that's how many lawyers function.

You mean that all lawyers aren't rich and live in million dollar homes?