View Full Version : Oklahoma State Football 2016-2017

AP
03-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Looks like OSU is getting new unis for next year. They look pretty awesome.

AP
03-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Oklahoma State Reveals New Football Uniforms for 2016 | Pistols Firing (http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-reveals-new-football-uniforms-for-2016/)

gopokes88
03-02-2016, 03:55 PM

Oh I love this

OKCisOK4me
03-02-2016, 06:45 PM
The bandana collar is sweet!

OKCisOK4me
08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
I purchased tickets for OSU's first home game against Southeastern Louisiana today. It's actually kinda cool because a friend of mine has been on their coaching staff and most recently got promoted to assistant head football coach. While I will enjoy the atmosphere, I'll mostly be hoping he puts on a good show, just not a victory. Their team did pretty well this past season and the season before.

Eric
10-01-2016, 11:23 AM
So the OSU-Texas game looks to be a defensive struggle. Both defenses can't get anything done.

I'll say one thing, I would be very afraid of conditioning on Tuesday if I were on the place kicking special teams unit for Texas. Yikes.

Laramie
10-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Impressive 49 - 31 win for the Oklahoma State Cowboys as they take down the Texas Longhorns in Stillwater.

OSUMom
10-08-2016, 09:19 PM
WTH is Gundy's problem with end of game time management. All he had to do was kick a damn field goal. They were on the 20. But each time they took a knee, pushed them back 5 years. By 4th down guess what? Not in range anymore and had to punt. In-freaking-credible. If they were that worried about turning the ball over with running plays, just kick the field goal on first down. 2 minutes left in the game and a 10 point lead is better then 7 point lead and giving them ANY opportunity to tie it up in the last seconds.

Spartan
10-09-2016, 09:27 AM
I think Gundy has just lost his touch. He is more upset with Boone Pickens and the fans right now than he is the referees who pretty much got away with that game.

jerrywall
11-15-2016, 12:19 PM
In regards to the rumors about LSU and Gundy. If it happens, I'm rioting.

warreng88
11-15-2016, 12:55 PM
I don't think Gundy leaves OSU for LSU. The program isn't what it used to be and there would be much stiffer competition and higher expectations at LSU. If he went 7-5 at OSU, people wouldn't be happy, but I don't think his job would be on the line either. Also, he has been at OSU for a long time and I don't see him uprooting his family to move to Louisiana. He has good job here, with a good athletic director and new facilities that seem to be bringing in a lot of great talent.

jerrywall
11-15-2016, 12:59 PM
I know, I know, I'm just still butthurt over Miles and just couldn't handle it.

gopokes88
11-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Gundy is like option #5 for LSU. Not happening.

Tennessee though, that's one to watch.

Spartan
11-20-2016, 11:29 PM
If Gundy finally wants out, he's going to have a lot of options. A lot of big programs are envious of the success that OSU has had. None of them are going to be very good options for a lucky coach who has no idea what he's doing.

If Charlie Strong can't turn Texas around, can Mike Gundy? Or does Gundy really expect to do a better job against Nick Saban than Les Miles?

It could be an interesting off-season. Dana Holgorsen prob goes to Oregon, Tom Herman to Texas. A&M may fire Sumlin, and Gundy will be getting a call regarding each of these high-profile jobs. Jimbo Fisher will be considered for the same positions, and may want a better job even more than Gundy.

Hopefully OSU would not be looking for a new coach in the same round as so many peer schools such as Texas Tech, WVU, K-State (Snyder may retire), Washington State (Leach will go somewhere better), Houston, A&M, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mizzou, and so on.

OKCretro
04-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Pictures of the Alamo bowl rings came out on twitter yesterday with OSU's record as 11-2, instead of their actual record of 10-3.

1st claiming a NC 70 years later and now this.
at this rate in 5 years OSU will change the bedlam series to 97-4 in their favor.

http://newsok.com/osu-football-cowboys-2016-alamo-bowl-rings-tout-11-2-season-record/article/5546049

AP
04-20-2017, 07:37 AM
You really are a nut.

jerrywall
04-20-2017, 08:29 AM
You really are a nut.

Was that ever in doubt. I support both schools (even though I went to OSU) but I can acknowledge that every college reaches through the past to "pad" their record, including OU and OSU. The rings aren't anything official. But it means something to the players. If they hung a banner at the stadium or something, that would be different. Many teams claim their asterix and they should.

OKCretro
04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Why stop at 11-2, why not just say that OSU was undefeated?

Should OU be able to claim #8 because Reggie Bush was ineligible when OU played USC in the NC and they whipped OU?

Colbafone
04-20-2017, 11:09 AM

Should OU be able to claim #8 because Reggie Bush was ineligible when OU played USC in the NC and they whipped OU?

Dude. OSU didn't lose that game.

Also, I could have been in the backfield for USC that night, OU wasn't winning that game.

SOONER8693
04-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Dude. OSU didn't lose that game.

Also, I could have been in the backfield for USC that night, OU wasn't winning that game.
Dude, yes OSU did lose the game. What next, they didn't really lose to Baylor and OU?

jerrywall
04-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Dude, yes OSU did lose the game. What next, they didn't really lose to Baylor and OU?

So I assume you want the asterix removed from the 2006 OU-Oregon game? Just call it a loss? That bad call, where OU did when the game (but it got recorded as a loss) cost them a season.

jerrywall
04-20-2017, 11:39 AM

First statement is absurd. Second statement is not comparable. More comparable would be the 86 Sooners.

Again, no one is saying hang a banner, or change the books (although maybe they should have in this case). It's a damn ring. Get over it. If it was OU you'd probably be lining up to buy a 11-2 shirt.

onthestrip
04-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Ill take 'OU fans who like to say they arent concerned with OSU but are concerned with OSU' for $800 Alex.

Eric
04-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Hey, at some point Rome fell too so, there's hope. Says the eternal Cowboy optimist in us all.

jerrywall
04-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Ill take 'OU fans who like to say they arent concerned with OSU but are concerned with OSU' for $800 Alex.

Seriously. I mean, don't get me wrong, I agree with the saying "you've got to be good enough to beat the other team AND the officials" but this is a team spirit thing and I can't understand how the kids having rings that reflect the spirit of their season more than anything else affects OU in any way.

What's next, whining about "WE ARE CHAMPIONS" practice shirts?

OKCretro
04-20-2017, 06:33 PM

it just makes osu look pathetic.
A&m got made fun of when they put up a banner with an * by it,
Uconn got made fun of when they created their own rivalry game w/a trophy when the other school didnt even know about it.
Kansas got made fun of when they claimed a victory on their schedule for a Win in their spring game
and Osu should get made fun of when they claim a NC from 70 years ago when the team that actually won it might be considered the greatest team ever
OSu should get made fun of for not putting their actual record on a ring.

When a team you root for pulls these kind of stunts they have the right to get made fun of.

whats stopping osu from claiming the bedlam game ended after 1 quarter thus giving them a 3-0 victory?

dankrutka
04-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Here's the difference between the OSU game and other games. OSU lost on a single play that literally shouldn't have happened. That's very rare. Most games are more complex. For example, in OU's 2006 game against Oregon, OU could have won the game after the play where there was the bad call. OU couldn't stop Oregon's offense after that. Of course, they shouldn't have had to play defense, but at least OU's players had a chance to still save the game. How many other examples of game like this are there?

Anyway, this doesn't really change anything. OSU lost in the record book. In the end, I think it's kind of funny. But certainly not a big deal and not anywhere near the level of A&M claiming a Big 12 title for tying for a division title.

OKCisOK4me
04-21-2017, 03:28 AM
I love when Mike Gundy rubs OU fans the wrong way...it's the perfect knee slapper for this start to my Friday!

OKCretro
04-21-2017, 08:14 AM
I love when Mike Gundy rubs OU fans the wrong way...it's the perfect knee slapper for this start to my Friday!
Glad you can find humor in it because most ou fans like when Gundy is at osu. What's his record vs ou as a player , assistant coach and head coach?
The record is the humor in situation.

jerrywall
04-21-2017, 09:33 AM
"But we don't care about OSU at all..."

Stew
04-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Good grief the pokes can't even lie well.

jerrywall
04-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Good grief the pokes can't even lie well.

They haven't had the practice their 'Big Brother' has.

SOONER8693
04-21-2017, 01:54 PM
They haven't had the practice their 'Big Brother' has.
You are correct. "Little Brothers" doesn't have or hasn't had anything like OU has.

jerrywall
04-21-2017, 01:57 PM
You are correct. "Little Brothers" doesn't have or hasn't had anything like OU has.

Well, wouldn't say nothing...

But you're right... they definitely can't get to OU's level. They need a local car dealership booster to give some fake jobs. Maybe that'll help them get more experienced.