View Full Version : LinkNYC public wifi

AP
02-26-2016, 09:25 AM
I saw this photo on twitter today of someone using NYC's new free public wifi system that is in beta. I was honestly surprised because this is way better performance than I get with Cox that I pay too much for already. I wish we could get something similar in OKC.

http://www.okctalk.com/attachments/current-events-open-topic/12277d1456503926-linknyc-public-wifi-linknyc.jpg

jerrywall
02-26-2016, 12:58 PM
I'll think this is something that makes lots of sense for certain neighborhoods and districts. I know there is netstorm up in Edmond at some of the parks and downtown wifi as well. I think they were going to do some OKC locations too, but have no idea if they have yet. I remember when these kiosks up in NYC were announced and it would definitely be cool to have something like that here, especially in Bricktown.

FighttheGoodFight
02-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I'll think this is something that makes lots of sense for certain neighborhoods and districts. I know there is netstorm up in Edmond at some of the parks and downtown wifi as well. I think they were going to do some OKC locations too, but have no idea if they have yet. I remember when these kiosks up in NYC were announced and it would definitely be cool to have something like that here, especially in Bricktown.

I agree OKC is pretty spread out but neighborhood wifi for Bricktown, around area, CBD, midtown and maybe a few others would be really awesome.