View Full Version : Property management

Celebrator
02-19-2016, 07:34 PM
You all obviously can tell I am getting into a rental property with all of these related questions. The neighborhood we are buying in requires rental properties to have a management company to keep the quality up, which I can appreciate. A good property manager is worth his/her weight in gold. That being said, does anyone have a recommendation of a good company/individual (or individual within a company) who they recommend for residential rental property management. You all are great, thank you.

NWOKCGuy
02-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Jenny Whitten. Whitten Real Estate (http://www.Jennywhitten.com)

Celebrator
02-22-2016, 08:39 AM
Thanks. Any more suggestions?

TheTravellers
02-22-2016, 09:18 AM
We currently rent a place from Homes 4 Lease, they're pretty decent, worked with us when the owner wanted to sell the property (they bought it from him and let us stay), respond well to service requests, didn't make it a horrible mess when my bank's autopay got the rent check there late (it helped that 5 or 6 others were also late from that one payment processor), just generally good from the renter's end of things.

Martin
02-25-2016, 08:52 AM
what do these companies typically charge? i've been thinking about getting into buying houses to rent and don't really want to handle the day-to-day. -M

Celebrator
02-25-2016, 10:20 AM
what do these companies typically charge? i've been thinking about getting into buying houses to rent and don't really want to handle the day-to-day. -M

I'm finding fees from 7%-10% of each month's rent, plus when filling a vacancy, half of first month's rent to market/show the property to prospective renters.

Martin
02-25-2016, 10:39 AM
^
gotcha... thanks! -M