View Full Version : The OKCTalk Advantage

CP405
02-16-2016, 07:12 PM
So I'm sure it's not just me but this site makes me such an insider to my friends. I'm sure it's been discussed before but it's so cool to know all about these projects coming up. Take iFly for example. I knew about that long before my friends did because I read it here first. Just today I saw a story on KFOR about it and I'm like "Yawn. Known about this for a long time." ;)

This site consumes many hours a week but it's just such a great resource that every hour is worth it.

All of us on here owe Pete a drink at the very least for all that he does. Thanks for helping me become an "insider." I tip my cap to you good sir.

Celebrator
02-16-2016, 10:31 PM
So I'm sure it's not just me but this site makes me such an insider to my friends. I'm sure it's been discussed before but it's so cool to know all about these projects coming up. Take iFly for example. I knew about that long before my friends did because I read it here first. Just today I saw a story on KFOR about it and I'm like "Yawn. Known about this for a long time." ;)

This site consumes many hours a week but it's just such a great resource that every hour is worth it.

All of us on here owe Pete a drink at the very least for all that he does. Thanks for helping me become an "insider." I tip my cap to you good sir.

Instead of buying him a drink, go ahead and buy a subscription and become more than a "Participating member" I did and it feels great to support Pete's efforts in this way.

dankrutka
02-16-2016, 10:36 PM
I haven't lived in OKC since 2011 and whenever I come back -- which is often -- I'm always telling my OKC friends the new spot we have to try. Lol. Yeah, cheers to Pete!

ljbab728
02-16-2016, 10:54 PM
I have been a contributor for several years and occasionally have some differences with Pete, but I certainly appreciate what he does and what he brings to us.

Pete
02-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

But please remember the power of this site comes from the entire network of people.

I frequently get info from the posters here, which is one of the main ways we stay on top of so much.

The more people that become involved, the better the site!

TU 'cane
02-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Agreed, and much thanks to Pete and the others for keeping this forum lively and engaging. This network contributes to OKC more than people think. Just read a couple of these comments about how people know what's new and where to try out.

I don't need to use any other source now for OKC news.

AP
02-17-2016, 08:07 AM

Many hours a day for me.

jerrywall
02-17-2016, 08:08 AM
I know Pete and I tend to hang out at some of the same places, so I'd buy him a drink, but I don't know what he looks like... (that's my excuse!)

Seriously though, agree with the OP. I can come here to find what's going to be on the news or the lost ogle later. Thanks for everyone who makes that happen.

CP405
02-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Instead of buying him a drink, go ahead and buy a subscription and become more than a "Participating member" I did and it feels great to support Pete's efforts in this way.

Oddly enough, I am finally in a place in life where I am able to do that. Look to become "official" very, very soon. You are right, that is the best way to support the site and I plan on it.

Because of this site, I have become the "go to" person when it comes to anything new around town. Not complaining in the least bit. It is very fun to be in the know of what's going on. Fortunately, there are TONS of projects and this site helps me to keep tabs on all of them.

Good work team!