View Full Version : In Honor of Saint Valentine (suggested appreciation)

RadicalModerate
02-11-2016, 03:43 PM
So . . . I bought the card and candy at the nearest Walgreens . . . (and will be keeping them secret until the proper time) . . . Then realized that 1492, Cassady Square Location is actually open for business (after about a four year wait). I made reservations in order to surprise me wife. On St. Valentine's Day. I hope the kids running the place with the label 1492 know how to cook. Even if they don't, I resolve that we (my sweetheart and I) will be polite and forgiving. If that's OK.

TheTravellers
02-12-2016, 09:37 AM
So . . . I bought the card and candy at the nearest Walgreens . . . (and will be keeping them secret until the proper time) . . . Then realized that 1492, Cassady Square Location is actually open for business (after about a four year wait). I made reservations in order to surprise me wife. On St. Valentine's Day. I hope the kids running the place with the label 1492 know how to cook. Even if they don't, I resolve that we (my sweetheart and I) will be polite and forgiving. If that's OK.

Trust me, they know how to cook, several of us OKCTalkers have been to that location and I don't believe I've seen any complaints about the food. Just wish we weren't too full to have had dessert. :)

Filthy
02-12-2016, 02:16 PM
1492 is an excellent choice for Valentines Day dinner. You and your sweetheart will be wine'd and dined to your hearts content. I however, am taking a much more elegant/romantic approach to Valentines day this year. So, definitely not trying to one up you on your fine choice of dining, but I've got reservations Sunday afternoon to the Monster Truck Show!!!! That's right...cold beer, mildly stale hotdogs, and an afternoon of people watching, that rivals any Saturday night at the State Fair! Be There!

RadicalModerate
02-15-2016, 08:03 AM
Well, we tried the place last night, and as far as I'm concerned it was about as perfect a dining experience as I've ever had. I had decided before entering their doors that I was going to order either the Duck Enchiladas or the Venezuelan Beef. I opted for the latter and my wife had their Rib Eye, dressed with some sort of salsa verde, and some fried potatoes (papas) on the side. We started off with their basic queso to accompany the complimentary tortilla chips and red salsa. Suffice it to say that--despite what a lot of amateur online food critics have said--everything was loaded with flavor, had an acceptable level of spicy heat and was delicious. The plantains and yucca fries that accompanied my Padillon (the brisket "stew") were nice surprises. The ambiance was great, our waitress (Jasmine) was a sweetheart and the manager actually stopped by the table to make sure that everything was to our liking. I'd recommend this place to anyone and definitely plan on making a return visit on another special occasion. btw: It is a bit "spendy" but the prices are balanced by the quality of what you get. The queso, two entrees, a glass of wine and a margarita came in at around $65 including tax. With the tip, we checked out at $80. A fair comparison here would be that I enjoyed this place like I enjoyed dining at Stella.