View Full Version : Awesome ULI video

Pete
02-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Showcases a lot of the great development around the area...

-1oFCPZo0VQ

DoctorTaco
02-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Super confused about the Will Farrell cameo.

Spartan
02-11-2016, 10:39 AM
ULI Oklahoma is doing awesome stuff. Good organization to support if anyone is looking to do more with their passion for seeing OKC grow.

gopokes88
02-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Really cool video. Cameos didn't really make sense.

Urbanized
02-11-2016, 02:47 PM
^^^^^^^^
That's because the video was not edited for public viewing. It was specifically an intro video for the ULI Impact Awards ceremony held last week. Wes is part of the ULI leadership and emceed the event. The cameos and many of the shots were either having fun at Wes' expense (he produced the video) or generally meant to lighten the mood of a room full of hundreds of developers, bankers and other ULI members. It got tons of laugther during and rave reviews after.

It also includes a number of inside jokes, for instance the stance he made at the end, holding the bike, was poking fun at a Gazette cover a few months ago where Jon Dodson (Pivot Group) was featured holding a bike like that. All of Jon's friends on social media started referring to the stance as "Dodsoning" and teasing Dodson online about it.

Anyway, point is that the video really had a specific purpose and wasn't made to be a general-interest promotional piece, though much of it stands up really well as that, in no small part due to Stephen Tyler's drone shots, but also thanks to Wes' sense of humor.

gopokes88
02-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Well that makes sense. It's an inside joke.

BDP
02-17-2016, 12:18 PM
It was fun to watch, but I am beginning to feel like the drone montage is losing its impact. I find myself wanting to more immersive shots on the ground.

But I'm just waaaaayyyy over thinking it, especially for it's purpose.